I saw this today at Porsche.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
I saw this today at Porsche.

It is nice but not as nice as a turbo IMO but would love to see the turbo in this model.

I took the pics with my I-phone BTW.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
Thanks for sharing. What were your impressions of the new sunroof?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:27 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YellowCalliper
Thanks for sharing. What were your impressions of the new sunroof?
I havent quite digested it yet.

I mean I went to the launch 2 weeks ago and saw a black, blue and silver car.
I think this white looks the best and the sunroof is 50/50 for me at the moment but I think I will grow to love it as it is a Porsche and I love Porsche's!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
very nice, white is one of my favourite colors on the new 991!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:42 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Stunning!, loving the white now but already ordered Platinum silver.
Carrera Classic wheels would look beautiful in that white 991.

Last edited by galion; 12-20-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
The front LEDs (DRLs) look like fangs! So cool, love the white but still needs spacers

Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great except for the over abundance of badges on the rear looks like some poser designed it (fortunatly an easy fix). What next a gold badge option. The sunroof looks really cheap like they forgot to design it into the car and added it on later or they'll add a moon roof option and call it a targa. The car is an overall improvement over the 997 but the "value engineering" is really starting to cheapen out the car.

Last edited by Duane996tt; 12-20-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Porsche is losing it

The 991 is getting bulky and bulbeous and does not longer have Dass Gewisse Etwas!!. It could have been designed by Bangle Butt Bungler. Butt... I guess I will get used to the look of it. I do like the frontal views, again not sure about the South American Chiclid eye look...

Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
The car is spectacular in white.. it just looks 'right'.

I'm with those who think the Bling King must have been on crack the day they decided to start sticking badges on the rear of the car. They must have ran out of badges before they ran out of room. I can't wait to see what a Carerra 4S Turbo will look like back there.. yeesh.. A little dental floss will clean things up pronto!..

Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by galion
Stunning!, loving the white now but already ordered Platinum silver.
Carrera Classic wheels would look beautiful in that white 991.
Damn this forum! I ordered platinum silver but this BLOWS MY MIND.

But I based my order on silver seat belts and espresso interior - which I think works best with platinum exterior ( <---justifying )

Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hroussard
The 991 is getting bulky and bulbeous and does not longer have Dass Gewisse Etwas!!. It could have been designed by Bangle Butt Bungler. Butt... I guess I will get used to the look of it. I do like the frontal views, again not sure about the South American Chiclid eye look...
I sold my 2011 997.2 which I owned for 8 months when I saw the wider flatter body of the 991. Looks ominous and stunning at the same time

The wider and spread out front of the 991 coupled with the lower roofline reminds me of the Ferrari touring cars.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
They are beautiful in person. I saw several at Rennsport Reunion back in October. I agree on the badges.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I ordered it guards red, but continue to be tempted by every other color out there. This never ends. It's the car that's important, not the options, including color, that matter. BTW, all brand new cars look cool.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:08 AM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aamersa
I ordered it guards red, but continue to be tempted by every other color out there. This never ends. It's the car that's important, not the options, including color, that matter. BTW, all brand new cars look cool.
Agree with this.

There is something masochistic about having your order locked and then continuing to look at wonderful variations. I really should stop.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Looks great in white, still not digging the tail-lights, and the badging looks fine to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I saw this today at Porsche.