Pls help 991 order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Jplu2 is infamous around these parts
Good to hear that you've decided on the silver wheels. The car is gonna look great. To throw a little spanner in the works though, I have black with black wheels on my Cayman and it absolutely looks the stuff! Get so many comments about the car and there is nothing boy racer about it, I'm 36 with three children and I have never felt it was inappropriate. Agree with regards the full leather, I debated and debated and eventually decided that you cannot order a car of this quality without it. Anyway, just my two cents worth!

Old 12-25-2011, 01:07 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Think about buying your Basalt car with whatever silver wheel you prefer, then maybe later get them powder coated a dark matte anthracite color - I think wheels look very cool covered with brake dust - that color. For some reason i don't like glossy pure inky black wheels. Especially on Basalt metallic.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Size banker is infamous around these parts
decided on the classic wheels, fyi

Old 12-26-2011, 08:22 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Size banker
decided on the classic wheels, fyi
Cool!! Go pull the trigger!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
The only think I miss not getting on my 997 is PSE Think about it, specially because it can be turned off.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
I just back from Taiwan and there is a car show.
Basalt black looks good.

One thing, I am not sure is it due to the spot light or something, the white one looks bigger.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:04 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
The Basalt black looks stunning, ONTH I love white cars, I am trying to convince myself that white is the best, but from this pictures it just looks "meh" side by side with the black.
Leaning now towards Platinum silver even though Ive never been a fan of silvers, but it looks spectacular in the 991.

Attached Images  

Last edited by galion; 12-27-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
The Basalt black looks not really black under the spot light.

It looks like something between black and dark blus to me.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 PM
As a former owner of a Basalt 911 I can tell you it looks a myriad of different hues, but a lot of the time it can look purple, and dark blue. That bothered me from time to time. My metallic black BMW looked more charcoal black.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:42 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
The Basalt black looks stunning, ONTH I love white cars, I am trying to convince myself that white is the best, but from this pictures it just looks "meh" side by side with the black.
Leaning now towards Platinum silver even though Ive never been a fan of silvers, but it looks spectacular in the 991.
Oddly, I agree with this. I tend to think the white 911's look better than black... and silver is one of my least favorite colors in the 997, but in the new model, that silver looks amazing. Black always looks good... just hard to keep clean.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by jhuang25
Oddly, I agree with this. I tend to think the white 911's look better than black... and silver is one of my least favorite colors in the 997, but in the new model, that silver looks amazing. Black always looks good... just hard to keep clean.
Agreed - There isn't a color I hate on the new 991 - but certain colors stand out better on this car than they did on the 997. Silver is one of those colors. The only color I can't imagine owning is the Cognac Brown Metallic. Not a big fan, but it isn't awful by any means.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Size banker is infamous around these parts
Guys,

This is so painful. I thinking to switching to Grey now...make it stop!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 PM
OMG....My wife likes Agate grey but we both liked the Espresso interior so much we leaned towards silver. And by "we" I mean "me". No woman tells me what to like...

Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
This is so painful. I thinking to switching to Grey now...make it stop!
My advice would be to relax. You've already chosen the car, a 991, I am sure you'll love it regardless of color or options chosen. There is no wrong option or build.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
oh man...I think Silver with any type of brownish interior would be so Euro Classic.... or Grey and Beige... that would be my choice the more I think about it. Silver and Brown/tone interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pls help 991 order