Size banker is infamous around these parts
Pls help 991 order

Hi everyone,

Thinking of ordering 991
and joined the forum. May I have your comments please

My order:

Basalt black S with standard black interior
STandard S rims painted in black

I am 40 years old with a couple of young ones. I am worried that this will look too boy racer-ish for me. Should I be worried?

Last edited by Size banker; 12-23-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Welcome to the forum.. great place to get info. Don't worry about the bad boy look just about whether or not you are going to love them. I have seen them on some rides and it looks great.

Last edited by uhn2000; 12-23-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some pics. You be the judge. I will say that some feel Basalt (metallic) paint and basic black wheels clash. For reference the car in the pics is not basalt, but basic black.

Congrats on your order.

Attached Images   

Last edited by EricP; 12-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks , it does look bad a$$ ride. The rims in the config shows a silver lip vs none in the pic? I think it makes an important difference visually ?

Old 12-24-2011, 08:05 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
The configurator offers wheels in black or color matched to the car for the same price. So Basalt Black cars could choose simple black or Basalt Black for the wheels. And if it is like in the past, the wheels do have a shiny lip just like in the configurator.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:13 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
How about a deviated stitch or some carbon fiber bits to spice up the interior? These minor tweaks would also help in future resale. Best of luck with your order and welcome to the 6!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:22 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
If you think they might look boy racer you will always have that in the back of your mind.

The trend (in my estimation) is gently veering away from anthracite or black wheels. My personal opinion on the matter is that they date the car a bit. They look a tad DIY/aftermarket. But no offense - your post was an opinion-based concern so I gave you mine A Basalt black 991 looks darn evil and aggressive on its own with natural finished silver wheels.

What other options have you thought about for the rest of your build? Let us know!! ENjoy the process. Often the wanting and waiting is as fun as the actual ownership. (probably not the case here )

Old 12-24-2011, 09:49 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I don't like the bad *** look. IMO it is more appropriate for someone in his 20's whose dad bought him a porsche. But if you like it, by all means go for it. It's your money, so knock yourself out.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 AM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I love the look of the black with the black wheels ... I am 43 with 3 kids and think age has nothing to do with it ... it's a 911 which is a serious sports car, boy racer really doesn't apply if you ask me ...

I am going to order a black Base Carrera with the Carrera S wheels .. .the main reason I am not going with the black wheels is I find I really like the look of the silver wheels when they are clean.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
silver wheels ftw (per my avatar )

Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone. After much deliberation and your helpful posts, i have decided to go with silver wheels instead.

Other options will be minimal for me: sc, PDk, sport design wheel . It won't be a daily driver for me.

Will keep you guys updated on delivery. Thanks a lot!

Old 12-25-2011, 01:58 AM
LFC911Kop2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Size banker
Thanks everyone. After much deliberation and your helpful posts, i have decided to go with silver wheels instead.

Other options will be minimal for me: sc, PDk, sport design wheel . It won't be a daily driver for me.

Will keep you guys updated on delivery. Thanks a lot!
In my opinion you made the right choice. It's a nice look. I was at Rennsport in October when they officially debuted the cars and it looked very aggressive and sophisticated with silver wheels. You can always change them later. Enjoy the car! I have to keep out of the Porsche showrooms for the next few years or I'll be adding to my collection which won't go over well in my house! I've been accused of being addicted to Porsches! They might be right though!

Old 12-25-2011, 08:05 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Welcome to the forum, it would look real stealth looking, go for it....

Old 12-25-2011, 08:46 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
You should get full leather, a must for a car at this price point.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TorqueChap
How about a deviated stitch or some carbon fiber bits to spice up the interior? These minor tweaks would also help in future resale. Best of luck with your order and welcome to the 6!
love deviated stitching (remember exclusive options, shift boot, etc.) when done right, which few people do. nothing worse then having the expensive, beautiful stitching in 95% of the interior and missing some key stitched areas, especially after paying close to $2k or more for it. ftr, most sales people don't know how to option it correctly either.

interior trim options like the aforementioned, although, nice to look at, will do NOTHING for your residual. they are a losing proposition. i am all for them if the owner is doing it for themselves, however.

Last edited by 911dev; 12-25-2011 at 08:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pls help 991 order