Deposit on 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Manifold
Most of the affluent and wealthy people I know pay attention to costs and consider value when they spend, even when they can easily afford to spend more. In fact, one of my wealthiest friends (over $100M) is a miser who would never consider buying a Porsche ... any Porsche.
Manifold firstly i was being facetious with the point because i do find it rather amusing how $ are always bought into the mix by so called affluent folk that seemingly have money to burn.

And re your 100m friend, he doesn't have a Porsche for his own reasons...which is fine by me....but I'm talking about folk "with" porsches my friend. I also know wealthy people that don't own Porsches but again it's not really relevant in the context of this conversation.

Anyway I was just saying how funny it is how it ($) ALWAYS comes up....yet supposedly means so little .

Look, if it makes you feel any better I'm happy to honest and admit my own financial limitations when indulging myself with sports cars but I'm not going to have a lend of myself behind the mask of anonymity here on the 6 by pretending that money doesn't matter to me when choosing cars/options and the likes. Because it does. Now, if i was really so loaded to the point i could buy whatever car i wanted with whatever options and so forth i desired, and not even feel it to where it would affect other things in my life that were important to me then that is what i would be doing. So all I'm asking for is a bit of reality here manifold. That's all. No offence intended to anyone....just appreciate a bit of reality and honesty from time to time.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Manifold firstly i was being facetious with the point because i do find it rather amusing how $ are always bought into the mix by so called affluent folk that seemingly have money to burn.

And re your 100m friend, he doesn't have a Porsche for his own reasons...which is fine by me....but I'm talking about folk "with" porsches my friend. I also know wealthy people that don't own Porsches but again it's not really relevant in the context of this conversation.

Anyway I was just saying how funny it is how it ($) ALWAYS comes up....yet supposedly means so little .

Look, if it makes you feel any better I'm happy to honest and admit my own financial limitations when indulging myself with sports cars but I'm not going to have a lend of myself behind the mask of anonymity here on the 6 by pretending that money doesn't matter to me when choosing cars/options and the likes. Because it does. Now, if i was really so loaded to the point i could buy whatever car i wanted with whatever options and so forth i desired, and not even feel it to where it would affect other things in my life that were important to me then that is what i would be doing. So all I'm asking for is a bit of reality here manifold. That's all. No offence intended to anyone....just appreciate a bit of reality and honesty from time to time.
I'm not really following you. I understand people here talking about what they're willing to spend on cars, options, etc., but what people can afford is another matter which I don't expect or need people to talk about. For example, I can afford to put a $10K sound system in a car, but could never convince myself that it's worth it to me.

And again, you can't infer what people can afford from what they're willing to spend. Remember MostlyJames? Has a bunch of expensive cars in three cities, and yet was concerned about trying to save a few thousand dollars on a 911.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
I'm not really following you. I understand people here talking about what they're willing to spend on cars, options, etc., but what people can afford is another matter which I don't expect or need people to talk about. For example, I can afford to put a $10K sound system in a car, but could never convince myself that it's worth it to me.

And again, you can't infer what people can afford from what they're willing to spend. Remember MostlyJames? Has a bunch of expensive cars in three cities, and yet was concerned about trying to save a few thousand dollars on a 911.
Well i thought i put it out there in brail so if you can't follow what im saying manifold there is probably little point me furthering the discussion on that point. Best leave it here and get back onto the OP topic. In closing I will admit I've become lets say "kinda cynical" having personally dealt in prestige and performance vehicles at one point in my carreer in the industry, along with many sales persons in high end new car dealerships...still enjopy those close relationships....not that i wish to educate or elaborate on that. However, i certainly have had at times some very amusing conversation and laughs over cups of coffee...and i dont wish to elaborate beyond that point...as it could offend certain individuals. As i said, it's nice to be real with ones self when it comes to evaluating and acknowledging ones financial limitations when purchasing a motor vehicle of this nature....and not make out well...i coulda had this or that and didn't get it becuse of this that... Thats all.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Well i thought i put it out there in brail so if you can't follow what im saying manifold there is probably little point me furthering the discussion on that point. Best leave it here and get back onto the OP topic. In closing I will admit I've become lets say "kinda cynical" having personally dealt in prestige and performance vehicles at one point in my carreer in the industry, along with many sales persons in high end new car dealerships...still enjopy those close relationships....not that i wish to educate or elaborate on that. However, i certainly have had at times some very amusing conversation and laughs over cups of coffee...and i dont wish to elaborate beyond that point...as it could offend certain individuals. As i said, it's nice to be real with ones self when it comes to evaluating and acknowledging ones financial limitations when purchasing a motor vehicle of this nature....and not make out well...i coulda had this or that and didn't get it becuse of this that... Thats all.
I do not read braille but this is not rocket science. As a car nut, you have some strong opinions and like to educate - those-who-do-not-know -other people. Being able to afford a car does not make it a wise decision to buy and frankly, in many cases, Porsche's seem to get leased anyway so the cost of the item becomes somewhat mute, even more so if the individual happens to have the means of writing this vehicle off to the business. Now the money outlay is really is not all that big and rolling from one lease to the next one is merely moving a deposit along with some pocket money depending on how well the lease was put together. So the money, for a guy like me who want to buy a car because I BELIEVE in the car and I want to hang on to it for "ever", is important because I look at it as an investment for the heart (yes, I do know it's a bad one for the pocket book). It's a love affair and it is almost independent and separate from the fact that there is a newer lass (991) in the meadow. At least... that is my story and I am sticking to it!!

Last edited by hroussard; 03-15-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hroussard
I do not read braille but this is not rocket science. As a car nut, you have some strong opinions and like to educate - those-who-do-not-know -other people. Being able to afford a car does not make it a wise decision to buy and frankly, in many cases, Porsche's seem to get leased anyway so the cost of the item becomes somewhat mute, even more so if the individual happens to have the means of writing this vehicle off to the business. Now the money outlay is really is not all that big and rolling from one lease to the next one is merely moving a deposit along with some pocket money depending on how well the lease was put together. So the money, for a guy like me who want to buy a car because I BELIEVE in the car and I want to hang on to it for "ever", is important because I look at it as an investment for the heart (yes, I do know it's a bad one for the pocket book). It's a love affair and it is almost independent and separate from the fact that there is a newer lass (991) in the meadow. At least... that is my story and I am sticking to it!!
Well, lets all just politely keep it as "we all have our stories" then....and let's stick to em It's one way of keepin the dream alive...

Gotta love this topic.....

Old 03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Maybe things are different in Australia, as compared to the US. My sense is that most people who get Porsches here can afford them without too much difficulty, and of course going used can bring the price way down. But I'd be interested in hearing some of those stories.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
This thread title is so misleading. It makes it sound like you've gone and put a deposit on a GT3.

It's like if I started a thread called: Pictures of my new 991 Turbo!

And then when you clicked on it it said, "When will I be able to take them, does anyone know when they're making this car?"

Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned
Maybe things are different in Australia, as compared to the US. My sense is that most people who get Porsches here can afford them without too much difficulty, and of course going used can bring the price way down. But I'd be interested in hearing some of those stories.
Globally buying/selling principles are static. Regardless of the higher prices here, Folks in Aus that have enough money to entertain buying this level of car all go through the same motions. Also, dont forget different markets have become accustomed to certain pricing regimes for a long period of time and acknowledge prices aren't likely to change/go down anytime soon....except edging up and up steadily... as we all know.

Depending upon the true level of wealth/liquidity (liquidity is key here....seen plenty of very rich folks with no liquidity) and passion ultimately dictate decisions according to ones financial position at that time. Some are more open about it than others during the deal, some like to uphold a position of wealth when in true essence they don't quite have all the coin they'd like to have you believe (or liquidity) to put into (or finance) the purchase and (can) become less upfront about that accordingly. It becomes more of a dignity issue for some depending upon each individual.

Elaborating individual stories would only ruffle feathers here manifold. Wouldn't be right. But it's suffice to say that at dealer level I can personally assure you the truth becomes very obvious during the course of any transaction, regardless of any put ups and excuses. Body language always speaks louder than words,....needless to say words do a good enough job on their own. I guess thats the entertaining part with certain individuals.....the struggling to come to terms with the truth of ones real financial situation amidst the wanting of what they truly desire. The satisfying thing is knowing that eitherway the client will always leave with a smile on the face after crunch time has come. As said earlier, I have become somewhat cynical over time, "punch drunk" if you will, from the agonising and excuses that can come up during these types of purchases. Don't mean to offend....just being honest calling it exactly the way it is in the greater majority of these cases. It comes as part of the territory in dealing with such an emotional product. Everyone wants to, likes to, and be seen as richy rich but often when push comes to shove screens do fly up and the excuses do come out.

Now ain't it time we got back on topic? Hey! That new GT3 is gonna be one hellova car. I WANT one! BUTTT....will i have enough money at the time to get the car with everything in it my heart desires?????

Last edited by speed21; 03-15-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Globally buying/selling principles are static. Regardless of the higher prices here, Folks in Aus that have enough money to entertain buying this level of car all go through the same motions. Also, dont forget different markets have become accustomed to certain pricing regimes for a long period of time and acknowledge prices aren't likely to change/go down anytime soon....except edging up and up steadily... as we all know.

Depending upon the true level of wealth/liquidity (liquidity is key here....seen plenty of very rich folks with no liquidity) and passion ultimately dictate decisions according to ones financial position at that time. Some are more open about it than others during the deal, some like to uphold a position of wealth when in true essence they don't quite have all the coin they'd like to have you believe (or liquidity) to put into (or finance) the purchase and (can) become less upfront about that accordingly. It becomes more of a dignity issue for some depending upon each individual.

Elaborating individual stories would only ruffle feathers here manifold. Wouldn't be right. But it's suffice to say that at dealer level I can personally assure you the truth becomes very obvious during the course of any transaction, regardless of any put ups and excuses. Body language always speaks louder than words,....needless to say words do a good enough job on their own. I guess thats the entertaining part with certain individuals.....the struggling to come to terms with the truth of ones real financial situation amidst the wanting of what they truly desire. The satisfying thing is knowing that eitherway the client will always leave with a smile on the face after crunch time has come. As said earlier, I have become somewhat cynical over time, "punch drunk" if you will, from the agonising and excuses that can come up during these types of purchases. Don't mean to offend....just being honest calling it exactly the way it is in the greater majority of these cases. It comes as part of the territory in dealing with such an emotional product. Everyone wants to, likes to, and be seen as richy rich but often when push comes to shove screens do fly up and the excuses do come out.
Interesting. I still think it's possible that there's international variation in the extent to which people stretch financially to get nice cars, but of course that's speculation. I'm tight with the sales manager at my local Porsche dealer, and I'll ask him how his experiences compare.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !

Now ain't it time we got back on topic? Hey! That new GT3 is gonna be one hellova car. I WANT one! BUTTT....will i have enough money at the time to get the car with everything in it my heart desires?????
Nahhh. So Speed21. Give me a statistic and I'll shut up. Tell my what percentage of Porsche's 911 (excluding Cayennes and Boxters as they are cheaper would be a great cut / number too) ) are PAID for and what percentage is LEASED . Just some numbers that I heard around the Bay area on the Mercedes circuit. Approx 70% is LEASED... Nuff said!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned
Nahhh. So Speed21. Give me a statistic and I'll shut up. Tell my what percentage of Porsche's 911 (excluding Cayennes and Boxters as they are cheaper would be a great cut / number too) ) are PAID for and what percentage is LEASED . Just some numbers that I heard around the Bay area on the Mercedes circuit. Approx 70% is LEASED... Nuff said!!!
Wouldn't want any one to shut on my account so please go on as loooong as you like . You speak of 70% leases? I'dve said it would be more, predominately a mixture of leases, HP (hire purchase) with very few out right cash funded purchases. So i don't get you point here at all. My point is clear. It mostly comes down to price at one point. And it's arriving at the price that fits an individuals ability to service the debt that is always/usually the issue. As i said these are an emotional product....not tool of trade vehicle. I can't imagine too many folks specifically buy these cars as a tool of trade utilitarian type vehicle You also refer to leases as tax deductible in a sense that it costs nothing anyway....being tax deductible (that is). Problem here is you still need to be making the money to pay the tax to service the debt to get that particular percentile of deduction. Tax deductible doesn't mean 100%. Poor folk often get confused with that and think tax deductible means 100 cents back in the dollar....which is not the case as you should know. This is pretty elementary stuff I'd've thought. So, as i said earlier, it always comes down to price at one point. And that's where decisions need to be made on how far you want to go optioning your car. Or are you saying again that all Porsche customers are just so loaded therefore all this stuff(option cost) is inconsequential in the grand scheme of the decision making process
Gimme a break.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Wouldn't want any one to shut on my account so please go on as loooong as you like . You speak of 70% leases? I'dve said it would be more, predominately a mixture of leases, HP (hire purchase) with very few out right cash funded purchases. So i don't get you point here at all. My point is clear. It mostly comes down to price at one point. And it's arriving at the price that fits an individuals ability to service the debt that is always/usually the issue. As i said these are an emotional product....not tool of trade vehicle. I can't imagine too many folks specifically buy these cars as a tool of trade utilitarian type vehicle You also refer to leases as tax deductible in a sense that it costs nothing anyway....being tax deductible (that is). Problem here is you still need to be making the money to pay the tax to service the debt to get that particular percentile of deduction. Tax deductible doesn't mean 100%. Poor folk often get confused with that and think tax deductible means 100 cents back in the dollar....which is not the case as you should know. This is pretty elementary stuff I'd've thought. So, as i said earlier, it always comes down to price at one point. And that's where decisions need to be made on how far you want to go optioning your car. Or are you saying again that all Porsche customers are just so loaded therefore all this stuff(option cost) is inconsequential in the grand scheme of the decision making process
Gimme a break.
You got it... I agree with you . I am just wanting to see you making the point that all this fabulous high flier crap is a lot of hot air and borrowing to stay up with the Jones's. Nice chattin' with you Speed21!!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Banned
Interesting. I still think it's possible that there's international variation in the extent to which people stretch financially to get nice cars, but of course that's speculation. I'm tight with the sales manager at my local Porsche dealer, and I'll ask him how his experiences compare.
You got it... I agree with you . I am just wanting to see you making the point that all this fabulous high flier crap is a lot of hot air and borrowing to stay up with the Jones's. Nice chattin' with you Speed21!!
Well funny you mention that. But thats another topic for another day .

My point was always about the ohhh.. no..i don't want that lovely full leather in my 911 and, i don't reeeeallly need this, or that or the other....but ya know i can really afford it all anyway

Old 03-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Alright here's some more shots I came across for those whom are planning to buy the new GT3... real, imagined or leased

Attached Images    
Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Most of the affluent and wealthy people I know pay attention to costs and consider value when they spend, even when they can easily afford to spend more. In fact, one of my wealthiest friends (over $100M) is a miser who would never consider buying a Porsche ... any Porsche.
Icic. He is a Ferrari guy. jk

One of my friends is worth around 50mm, and the nicest car that he owns is a camry. No joke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deposit on 991 GT3