Deposit on 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Globally buying/selling principles are static. Regardless of the higher prices here, Folks in Aus that have enough money to entertain buying this level of car all go through the same motions. Also, dont forget different markets have become accustomed to certain pricing regimes for a long period of time and acknowledge prices aren't likely to change/go down anytime soon....except edging up and up steadily... as we all know.

Depending upon the true level of wealth/liquidity (liquidity is key here....seen plenty of very rich folks with no liquidity) and passion ultimately dictate decisions according to ones financial position at that time. Some are more open about it than others during the deal, some like to uphold a position of wealth when in true essence they don't quite have all the coin they'd like to have you believe (or liquidity) to put into (or finance) the purchase and (can) become less upfront about that accordingly. It becomes more of a dignity issue for some depending upon each individual.

Elaborating individual stories would only ruffle feathers here manifold. Wouldn't be right. But it's suffice to say that at dealer level I can personally assure you the truth becomes very obvious during the course of any transaction, regardless of any put ups and excuses. Body language always speaks louder than words,....needless to say words do a good enough job on their own. I guess thats the entertaining part with certain individuals.....the struggling to come to terms with the truth of ones real financial situation amidst the wanting of what they truly desire. The satisfying thing is knowing that eitherway the client will always leave with a smile on the face after crunch time has come. As said earlier, I have become somewhat cynical over time, "punch drunk" if you will, from the agonising and excuses that can come up during these types of purchases. Don't mean to offend....just being honest calling it exactly the way it is in the greater majority of these cases. It comes as part of the territory in dealing with such an emotional product. Everyone wants to, likes to, and be seen as richy rich but often when push comes to shove screens do fly up and the excuses do come out.

Now ain't it time we got back on topic? Hey! That new GT3 is gonna be one hellova car. I WANT one! BUTTT....will i have enough money at the time to get the car with everything in it my heart desires?????
I know you guys are done discussing, but I have to say that there is much wisdom in what you said. It is puzzling how many people never catch on to body language, micro expressions, or subtext.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:50 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious
I know you guys are done discussing, but I have to say that there is much wisdom in what you said. It is puzzling how many people never catch on to body language, micro expressions, or subtext.
LOL I wouldn't count on that

Re body language, micro expressions and subtext... I agree 100%
The problem is some individuals we get to deal with in cases like this (even here on 6 -flame suit on-) are really, really good at deception while others have actually started to believe their own BS... to such a degree that it is difficult to detect even with the aforementioned...
To that end, when all else fails you just have to trust your intuition and use commonsense (another underrated tool).

And on that note... here's some more shots I came across (while trying to get info on the 991 C4S... to no avail).

Cheers!

Attached Images   
Old 03-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
LOL I wouldn't count on that

Re body language, micro expressions and subtext... I agree 100%
The problem is some individuals we get to deal with in cases like this (even here on 6 -flame suit on-) are really, really good at deception while others have actually started to believe their own BS... to such a degree that it is difficult to detect even with the aforementioned...
To that end, when all else fails you just have to trust your intuition and use commonsense (another underrated tool).

And on that note... here's some more shots I came across (while trying to get info on the 991 C4S... to no avail).

Cheers!
Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see the white/red gt3 rs renders. I think that is my favorite combo. I can't wait to see the spoiler that Porsche will chose for the rs and am curious to see if they will continue to use front dive planes.

As far as body language et al., it has saved me from making HUGE mistakes and from trusting people and family members who were trying to back stab me. As for others who start to believe their own bs...I can spot people like that immediately because they are idiots and I automatically take everything they say with a HUGE grain of salt or completely disregard everything they say.

I completely agree with common sense being so very important. I went to costco a week ago and they had a rolex on sale. But they didn't have a certificate of authentication, which was an obvious red flag for me. But someone I knew bought it. Anyways, it turns out that the year the casing was made (2003) does not match the bracelet (2009). Luckily costco has a lax return policy and my buddy will not be out that chunk of cash.

What funny convos that can be had at 2am in the morning.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
[quote=speed21;3486573][quote=911dev;3486073]

So are you saying you've managed to overcook the brakes on a Gt3.2?

And, ya know i was only just recently saying on another thread how money always seems to come up at one point even though everyone here is $o loaded

Haha.. and too funny on the cool aid 911dev...but you've had way too much already

Hey btw whats your current whip?
I have an incoming 991S.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
[quote=911dev;3488167][quote=speed21;3486573]
Originally Posted by 911dev

I have an incoming 991S.

So why all the carry on? Why didn't you get a 997GT3.2?

Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
[quote=speed21;3488414][quote=911dev;3488167]

So why all the carry on? Why didn't you get a 997GT3.2?
Just fockin with you,

Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
[quote=911dev;3488969][quote=speed21;3488414]

Just fockin with you,
Or perhaps insecure
... just imagine.. you made the wrong decision .. buying a 991..... and you just picked up a lease payment of 1200 bucks per month for the next 4 years and have nothing to show for it after 4 years...
Just fuocking with you Bro:-)

Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by hroussard
Or perhaps insecure
... just imagine.. you made the wrong decision .. buying a 991..... and you just picked up a lease payment of 1200 bucks per month for the next 4 years and have nothing to show for it after 4 years...
Just fuocking with you Bro:-)
Agreed, I'd be insecure if the above occurred. Besides, if I can't pay cash for my cars, I don't buy them. I will unlikely ever own another non GT Porsche car again, so no 991S for me.

Last edited by 911dev; 03-20-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
[quote=911dev;3489102][quote=hroussard;3488979]

Agreed, I'd be insecure if the above occurred. Besides, if I can't pay cash for my cars, I don't buy them. I will unlikely ever own another non GT Porsche car again, so no 991S for me.
911dev you have misquoted me in your post. Please ammend thanks.

Btw I suspected you were kidding but with respect asked why you did not buy 997GT3.2, which i thought was a fair and reasonable question to ask.

Usually when i'm asked a question I give a straight answer. So, not sure why the need for the clowning around here, or have I struck a nerve with you somewhere? Fwiw, If i have, I didnt mean to.

Anyway, so, am I now to assume by your reply to hroussard that it is money that is keeping you in whatever you own at the moment (still not clear what your current car is).....whatever that is?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 PM
MrMan is infamous around these partsMrMan is infamous around these parts
This is a weird thread. For what it's worth I a definitely going to buy a 991 GT3 when they become available, or even a 991 based cup car depending on how long it takes for that to happen. I had my first track event this weekend and my eyes have seen the light.

I don't want to make any absolute statements or promises, but at least as pertains to sports cars, I will never be interested in a street car again. It doesn't make any sense.

Until then I will be busy trackifying my new 997 GTS 4. I can't believe a week ago I was worried about the paint! Now I am ready to spray paint it and (literally) rip out the navigation and all the sound insulation.

Cash is king

Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM

911dev you have misquoted me in your post. Please ammend thanks.

Btw I suspected you were kidding but with respect asked why you did not buy 997GT3.2, which i thought was a fair and reasonable question to ask.

Usually when i'm asked a question I give a straight answer. So, not sure why the need for the clowning around here, or have I struck a nerve with you somewhere? Fwiw, If i have, I didnt mean to.

Anyway, so, am I now to assume by your reply to hroussard that it is money that is keeping you in whatever you own at the moment (still not clear what your current car is).....whatever that is?

I don't know where I mis-qouted you.

Money is not holding me back. Although, there are better places to put said money. Of course, we wouldn't be here if we didn't have this Porsche addiction. The only thing holding me back from trading my current ride ~a .2 gt3~ is a 991 gt3.

Last edited by 911dev; 03-20-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Banned
[quote=911dev;3489798][quote=speed21;3489134]

I don't know where I mis-qouted you.

Money is not holding me back. Although, there are better places to put said money. Of course, we wouldn't be here if we didn't have this Porsche addiction. The only thing holding me back from trading my current ride ~a .2 gt3~ is a 991 gt3.
If you look at your post #83 you have tagged me as quoting something that i never said. This quote is something that was posted by hroussard and somehow attached to me in your post. Im sure just an error whjen you used that quote of hroussards but if you fix it that would be appreciated. I generally dont like getting quoted for something that someone else said.

Anyway good to know what you drive and congrats on the car. The 991gt3 will be worth waiting for i'm sure of that. GL
cheers.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 AM
^ fixed, cheers!