OMG! Platinum Silver is almost Metallic Beige

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Hi Eric,
The new espresso is darker than the old cocoa. I saw the sample in my local dealer. The leather quality is so soft and looks lot more better than many photos which looks a bit odd. Platinum Silver with Espresso is a great combination. Personally, I think the Platinum Silver fit with Espresso better than the GT Silver. Espresso is kind of brown and I do not think it match with blue/grey GT silver well.

I saw two 991 last week in person. One is basalt black and the other one is white. Honesty with you guys, the white one just amazing. Simply Amazing!!
I will call my dealer to see if I still can adjust my order. Actually, I change the color combination 3 times already I do not know why the most difficult part to order the 991 is the color combination.............

Last edited by pratas; 12-29-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I agree that Platinum/ Expresso is absolutely a gorgeous combination, very classy and elegant, cant go wrong with that Eric, but since I am going with a black interior, I have already settled with Carrara white and 20" classics,
I would love some red interior accents, but after some thinking, I cant see myself driving arround in a white car with red seat belts, maybe I am getting old...

Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
White/Black is CLASSIC Porsche 911. You will never regret that combo. My only recommendation is the pack it full of that black leather...rear tunnel, dash, bin lid.

With all that silver aluminum inside (trim pieces) and I don't know if you chose the aluminum spoke design steering wheel, silver/gray seat bels would be VERY classy.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Red interior accent is not bad. I have a white SLK with black interior come with red seat belt. However, it is also come with red stitching and red ambient lighting. I agree with Eric the silver-grey belt would be better for the 991 since all the trim pieces are silver. It would be even better if you pick the 3-spoke steering wheel and the adaptive sports seats plus.
By the way, how about the wheels painted in black for the white one.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pratas
Hi Eric,
The new espresso is darker than the old cocoa. I saw the sample in my local dealer. The leather quality is so soft and looks lot more better than many photos which looks a bit odd.
Yeah Pratas - I agree - the Espresso is real dark and soft - almost feels like an over oiled baseball glove (but it's obviously not oily)

Love it - very stoked. From the word go interior color choice was a lock - It was alway Espresso. The wife told me yesterday that if I was having color issues with the exterior, Espresso would be great with Carrera white. She's right - but we locked it in on Platinum.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
She's right - but we locked it in on Platinum.
If I went for a paid color I would have chosen P silver, but I wanted a free one so I had one hell of a dilemma deciding between guards red and yellow, a decision that I did lose sleep over.

You've made an excellent ext color choice, the money spent on it will be more than saved when you never have to wash the car. Even when dirty, it'll look clean. Espresso or cocoa not my cup of tea for interior, but that's why they have choices.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EricP
Yeah Pratas - I agree - the Espresso is real dark and soft - almost feels like an over oiled baseball glove (but it's obviously not oily)

Love it - very stoked. From the word go interior color choice was a lock - It was alway Espresso. The wife told me yesterday that if I was having color issues with the exterior, Espresso would be great with Carrera white. She's right - but we locked it in on Platinum.
I love the espresso too. I can't decide what looks best / most unique over it. There are so many good combinations...

Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by brianja
I love the espresso too. I can't decide what looks best / most unique over it. There are so many good combinations...
Let me tell you that my experimental side was DYING to go Lime Gold over the top of espresso. The LG has a pearl banana look to it and the espresso underneath would look like a chocolate frozen banana

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM
dave-t is infamous around these parts
Platinum Silver has a bronze tint to it, I am 100% positive saw it in person next to Arctic Silver which is no longer available. If you want silver you have to get GT Silver.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by dave-t
Platinum Silver has a bronze tint to it, I am 100% positive saw it in person next to Arctic Silver which is no longer available. If you want silver you have to get GT Silver.
Agreed, without a doubt - seen it in person 10k times next to other silvers. It's just the impression over the new body I want to see.

For the record I don't always see silver in GT Silver. I see more gray blue. Unless it's 12:00 noon on a sunny summer day or under halogen spot lights.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aamersa
... but I wanted a free one ...
It ain't free.. you're paying for it.. believe me...

Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
fkhanod is infamous around these parts
My last car was GT silver while beautiful in direct sunlight it often did look a dull gray in overcast or in situations without direct sunlight on it. People would always say to me that is a wonderful gray. I think PS will look great in majority of conditions. Yes I agree under a few very specific conditions it may have a shade of bronze to it but it does have a very cool metallic look to it.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
fkhanod - thanks for your opinion. That is what I've noticed and I'm glad to hear that from you based on your ownership experience.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:14 AM
OMG - Then I see this photo of a GT SIlver GT3 in the rain and the confusion starts again - and today is my order lock day...Jan 3.

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't look beige to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG! Platinum Silver is almost Metallic Beige