OMG! Platinum Silver is almost Metallic Beige

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:46 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
OMG! Platinum Silver is almost Metallic Beige

Went to the dealer today and saw a Panamera in Platinum Silver, to my surprise it has a slight sand beige hue, almost the 80's champagne color.
Very beautiful and elegant color indeed, but not as sporty as I would prefer.

I guess not all launch models were PTS, take a look at this 991 in GT Silver filmed in California during the last Rennsport reunion.
Definetely PTS is not the same color of the car shown.

I think I'll pass on this one and pay the premium price for GT silver or maybe go with Carrara White, damn! here I go again!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0emIt5QhdUg

Old 12-28-2011, 05:10 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you hear not all launch models were platinum and some were GT. This car is stunning in the video.

You prob know I'm in already with my Plat/Espresso build. I just called my dealer to see if I'm locked - they'll have to call me back tomorrow as it's late and my guy went home already. I might change to GT. (based on your post here. I don't know whether to curse you or thank you). I saw a Platinum 997 the other day in my gym parking lot and was a touch champagne but I figured it was the lighting. But now I'm scared. My only issue with GT silver is that the color can look cold gray/blue ...take a look at your video again towards the end, the parked views.

Last edited by EricP; 12-28-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
The 991 here is platinum silver, confirmed and without a doubt.

The second car - the Caymen (edit) is GT silver. (see pic). There is a huge difference between the two colors. Trust me brother I'm as OCD about this exterior color thing as you are. I've seen your other wishy washy posts about color choice. I'm right there with ya! It's funny because I had no wavering thoughts about any other item on the car. Sure I considered Burmester and telephone module, but only fleetingly. Everything was pretty much solid in my mind. I've lost sleep about the exterior color with the same champagne fears as you.

See pics...Your thoughts??

Attached Images   

Last edited by EricP; 12-28-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EricP
Where did you hear not all launch models were platinum and some were GT. This car is stunning in the video.

You prob know I'm in already with my Plat/Espresso build. I just called my dealer to see if I'm locked - they'll have to call me back tomorrow as it's late and my guy went home already. I might change to GT. (based on your post here. I don't know whether to curse you or thank you). I saw a Platinum 997 the other day in my gym parking lot and was a touch champagne but I figured it was the lighting. But now I'm scared. My only issue with GT silver is that the color can look cold gray/blue ...take a look at your video again towards the end, the parked views.

Hey Eric, relax, hahaha. IMO your choice of Platinum/Expresso is the most beautiful combination of all, but not in my price target since I am going with the standard interior in black.
Your car will look stunning, very classy and elegant.
If your interior was a black, I think GT Silver would be a logical choice since its "more silver" than PTS.

It looks like this is an official video from Porsche filmed during the last Rennsport Reunion in Santa Barbara, it clearly says GT Silver, so my guess is that there were some GT Silver cars arround during that days that maybe were mistaken as PTS.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification - I don't want champagne but I don't want blue/gray

Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Hey guys, something you might want to take into account is the light temperature...
I'm in the film bizz and am always confronted with the extreme effects light has on a the scene and since the interior's shot makes the silver look warmer (goldish) as apposed to the outside caymen shot being cooler (blueish) I'm inclined to believe that is probably a factor not to mention the reflection of cream/off-white colored walls vs. a blue sky.

I still haven't decided either... my choices are Basalt black, agate grey, white or... wait for it... red.
Hehehehe never had this hard of a time deciding on a color, normally it's always black
Looking forward to seeing the different colors in real-life both inside and out doors.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
lol. i agree champagne is horrible on sports car. i am really loving gt silver. just can't swallow the cost of the paint. if i was to do this might as well do paint to sample.

agate gray is my top runner. white - i would get but i had this already....

Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
A couple of threads to consider. Thanks to Woot.
Carrara White it is!, black interior, aluminum trim, red seat belts. Yummy

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...um-silver.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...um-silver.html

Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Platinum Silver
Platinum Silver in Taiwan's car show

Old 12-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Here is a good video to demonstrate the color GT silver - looks deep and vibrant in this shoot. I love the look of his car. Ignore the sales guy - he is a cheeseball.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
A couple of threads to consider. Thanks to Woot.
Carrara White it is!, black interior, aluminum trim, red seat belts. Yummy
Yep agreed the 991 seems to looks particularly good in white, especially with some red accents (belts, calipers etc.).
CONGRATS!

PS. which wheels are you getting, I'm really liking the 20" Carrera classic.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by EricP
. Ignore the sales guy - he is a cheeseball.

Seems they come with the car... don't get me started!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Carrera Classic 10-spoke, fo sho

Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by pratas
Platinum Silver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llQAgIspWXU
Platinum Silver in Taiwan's car show

Love the silver in the video, if that is PSM, I want it...
Hate the champagne hue in the Panny though
I dont get it

Old 12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by galion
Love the silver in the video, if that is PSM, I want it...
Hate the champagne hue in the Panny though
I dont get it
If you look at the reflection of the lights in the surface of the car you'll see the Panny is lid by fluorescents and the 991 is lid by halogen spots...
I think that you're culprit is there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG! Platinum Silver is almost Metallic Beige