I cant make up my mind......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Dirty Wizard is infamous around these parts
I cant make up my mind......

but I got time so its ok....I guess.

two choices

Black (non metalic; I dont like basalt) with the silk matte rims (anybody have any pics of these rims?).... or Guards Red with matte black rims

Black always looks good and always makes me happy; its classic, versatile (I wont feel odd going to work in it), mean looking and I'll never get tired of it. I have a black car now and I just love it....However.... maybe its a touch "safe"? ... and change can be good....

Red is a colour I normally would never do as I find it has no depth and it drowns out the rear lights....HOWEVER...Red can work very, very well if done up properly; like adding matte black rims. I saw a 997 like this and I fell in love... the contrasting black adds depth to the red and then red becomes fun...lots of fun.......and if you are going to buy a Porsche, isnt "fun" the whole idea? Why buy a Porsche and be "safe"? Porsche offers black painted rims...but not painted in matte..its a glossy black with a silver edging (which I absolutely do not like)...so I'd have to get the rims done elsewhere........ Can anybody do a photoshop for me please and thank you?.... 991, Guards Red, Matte Black Rims.

I could go either way and be happy

I'd like your thoughts on this....

Old 01-06-2012, 02:30 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
It is a personal choice. For me: Black.
Checkout: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1cs-black.html

Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
I'm in a similar boat.. all my other rides are black so not much of a choice.
However I'm getting a little tired of the maintenance involved (especially since I'm a bit touched by OCD ).

Now I'm considering Guards red, white or... yes still black.
Toyed with grey for a bit too.
Right now it looks like white with a red roof (cab) but with the roof up black on black is very, very nice too...
Have to place my order within the next few weeks so time is running out

Good luck!

Sid.

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-06-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I'd go with the red one. Porsche's are meant to be fun so take a chance and you'll never be sorry.

I love the BT I picked a few years ago and would never consider another Porsche without PTS. Having your own "personal Porsche" is worth the $$$$!

Good Luck!

Tom

Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by tommyv
I'd go with the red one. Porsche's are meant to be fun so take a chance and you'll never be sorry.

I love the BT I picked a few years ago and would never consider another Porsche without PTS. Having your own "personal Porsche" is worth the $$$$!

Good Luck!

Tom
Blue isnt a colour I would normally do either but I like yours a lot.... I still wouldnt do it but its really nice! good on ya

I totally get what you mean about having your own personal Porsche...

I see so many 911's and you can tell/see they added nothing to them and I'm like.... "aww c'mon buddy...you couldnt spruce it up a bit?...have some fun!". I was chatting with one of the sales reps a while ago and he said most people dont spring for alot of the extended options... maybe NAV; Sport Chrono from time to time, but thats about it most of the time.....he said customers get flustered about what Porsche charges for their options

I get that what they charge for many of their options and upgrades are retarded; i.e - a grand for coloured stitching on the steering wheel??? lol jumping jehosephat lol. But you are buying a dream "sports car" at over 110K CDN.... nothing about that makes "sense"; but its not supposed to make "sense" so why start *****ing about the nonsensical price of options?

Last edited by Dirty Wizard; 01-06-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by DS997c2s
It is a personal choice. For me: Black.
Checkout: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1cs-black.html

I love the way the rear lights pop on the black

Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM
COOKINN has a spectacular aura aboutCOOKINN has a spectacular aura about
Choice of words

Dirty Wizard

I think you should pick better words, here is the definition of retarded!! The only thing here RETARDED is you Wallet!!

Noun1.retarded - people collectively who are mentally retarded; "he started a school for the retarded" developmentally challenged, mentally retarded
people - (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively; "old people"; "there were at least 200 people in the audience"
Adj.1.retarded - relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development; "providing a secure and sometimes happy life for the retarded" unintelligent, stupid - lacking intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"
precocious - characterized by or characteristic of exceptionally early development or maturity (especially in mental aptitude); "a precocious child"; "a precocious achievement"

Originally Posted by Dirty Wizard
Blue isnt a colour I would normally do either but I like yours a lot.... I still wouldnt do it but its really nice! good on ya

I totally get what you mean about having your own personal Porsche...

I see so many 911's and you can tell/see they added nothing to them and I'm like.... "aww c'mon buddy...you couldnt spruce it up a bit?...have some fun!". I was chatting with one of the sales reps a while ago and he said most people dont spring for alot of the extended options... maybe NAV; Sport Chrono from time to time, but thats about it most of the time.....he said customers get flustered about what Porsche charges for their options

I get that what they charge for many of their options and upgrades are retarded; i.e - a grand for coloured stitching on the steering wheel??? lol jumping jehosephat lol. But you are buying a dream "sports car" at over 110K CDN.... nothing about that makes "sense"; but its not supposed to make "sense" so why start *****ing about the nonsensical price of options?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
cookinn

lol..enough with the nit picking... I think most people would be more comfortable with the word "retarded" used in the context that I used it in as opposed to its text book definition as you recommend

You go and call somebody who is developmentally challenged "retarded" and see how well that goes over.... choice of words indeed... I however, pass on that one...

I didnt come here to get into a silly flame war so cool your jets

Last edited by Dirty Wizard; 01-06-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COOKINN
Dirty Wizard

I think you should pick better words, here is the definition of retarded!! The only thing here RETARDED is you Wallet!!

Noun1.retarded - people collectively who are mentally retarded; "he started a school for the retarded" developmentally challenged, mentally retarded
people - (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively; "old people"; "there were at least 200 people in the audience"
Adj.1.retarded - relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development; "providing a secure and sometimes happy life for the retarded" unintelligent, stupid - lacking intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"
precocious - characterized by or characteristic of exceptionally early development or maturity (especially in mental aptitude); "a precocious child"; "a precocious achievement"
29 posts since 2008... and this is what wakes you up from your slumber!?
There is something retarded here alright, but it's has nothing to do with the OP or his wallet...

Old 01-06-2012, 05:57 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Political correctness drives me crazy. It's retarded.