Gift pack from Detroit Auto Show. The new 991.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Gift pack from Detroit Auto Show. The new 991.

Got the gift pack at the show LOL. Consist of heavy paperweight and flashlight.

The first thing i've noticed on this new 991 is that it is longer. When you sit in it it feels a longer however i didn't feel it was wider than the previous 997. I had asked about the spare but they do not know what the trunk looks like with a spare but i've taken a few pic to share with all of you. This trunk doesn't have a spare.

Attached Images      
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
A few more pics. I'm really looking foward to the turbo and the next GT3!

Attached Images   
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Cool T has a spectacular aura aboutCool T has a spectacular aura aboutCool T has a spectacular aura about
I plan on making it down there on Sunday,so if I show them my 996 key...do I get a gift bag? lol

Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM
gtr
Originally Posted by Cool T
I plan on making it down there on Sunday,so if I show them my 996 key...do I get a gift bag? lol
They may run out by then but maybe it doesn't hurt to ask .

I've asked about speedometer but i guess it's still reads hight. It's one thing that I can't stand about Porsche is that the speedometer is way off at 3mph faster. It racks up more miles too (maybe)...boooo

Last edited by gtr; 01-11-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for those pics - good stuff. You snapped a really good shot of the 991 from the front angle there. It's unlike any angle I've seen - and I have about 40 shots of that combo from Frankfurt and LA. in a folder on my hard drive.

You can sell that paperweight and light on here I'll bet.

Last edited by EricP; 01-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
gtr
Originally Posted by EricP
Thanks for those pics - good stuff. You snapped a really good shot of the 991 from the front angle there. It's unlike any angle I've seen - and I have about 40 shots of that combo from Frankfurt and LA. in a folder on my hard drive.

You can sell that paperweight and light on here I'll bet.
Thanks, I thought it was a cool angle too. Funny, about the paperweight comment. Maybe I will LOL! It does say limited.

I'm quite disappointed that they didn't show the new Boxster. Perhaps it looks better than the 991 cab so they decided not to bring it?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
I think they should just send them out to current Porsche owners so that we all may want to get into the 991. I think that would be a great marketing strategy. I still get gifts from Panerai every year, from planners to hats..to the latest brochure.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I never get **** and I bought 2 x 2011 C4s models as far as they are concerned. I literally get NOTHING. No ads, no letters or correspondence at all. I never even got a thank you letter from them.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 PM
gtr
Originally Posted by Gotnem108
I think they should just send them out to current Porsche owners so that we all may want to get into the 991. I think that would be a great marketing strategy. I still get gifts from Panerai every year, from planners to hats..to the latest brochure.

Below is the gift set they sent out for the 991 I recieve this last week so maybe they are still sending these out?

No ads, no letters or correspondence at all. I never even got a thank you letter from them.
That is strange. I thought they give to all Porsche owners whom may have interst in the type of cars they have purchased. Since i've owned a turbo and a GT3 I did recieve gifts for both of those new cars. However, I didn't expect this one since I never purchased a regular 911 or S. They did personize it and have your name on the 911 plate. It's comes with many 911 in different years and you set those in the slot and they are transparent. You can see the changes by model.

Attached Images  

Last edited by gtr; 01-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 PM
YellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of lightYellowmanTT is a glorious beacon of light
I never get **** and I bought 2 x 2011 C4s models as far as they are concerned. I literally get NOTHING. No ads, no letters or correspondence at all. I never even got a thank you letter from them.
They have no love for you at all nope, nope, nothing ,nada sorry

Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
4 porsches later, i think i got the panamera usb thing, thats it. lol

Old 01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Shiit, I think the people who got something from Porsche are those who never complain. I did once. = )

Old 01-13-2012, 05:08 AM
thor7000 is infamous around these parts
did you have a chance to sit in it?? I got the fancy brochure on the 991 in the mail a few days ago....really like the new look and the interior!! To be honest, I sold my 997S because I didn't feel it was comfortable on longer drives.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
4 porsches later, i think i got the panamera usb thing, thats it. lol
3 Porsche later, they don't even tell me about upcoming 991.
I am a step child.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
gtr
Originally Posted by thor7000
did you have a chance to sit in it?? I got the fancy brochure on the 991 in the mail a few days ago....really like the new look and the interior!! To be honest, I sold my 997S because I didn't feel it was comfortable on longer drives.
Yes, I did. The cars were unlocked for us to see so, we would buy one. The first thing I've noticed is that the dash is quite a bit longer. It feels like my old GT3's interior with a few more inches length wise. I did not notice any additional width and still find the Porsche on the narrow side from the doors to elbow. My TTRS has concave doors which makes the car feel more roomier because your elbow doesn't rub on the doors.

Overall, the interior looks better and more inline with the cost of the car. It is quite dissappointing that my TTRS has a nicer interior than my GT3's interior but now may not be the case anymore. The new interior looks better and I like the longer cabin. Just wish they concave the doors to make it feel larger like the R8. I'm also quite dissapointed that the sport steering wheel is plastic not aluminum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gift pack from Detroit Auto Show. The new 991.