991 GT3 rendering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Enilder
i wonder if PDK will be offered for this beast.
Mr. P. previously stated that it would be an option.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Enilder
SC? cant be a supercharger, can it?
Gawd No! Sport chrono, which currently has no place on a gt3 but is needed with PDK; at least based on other models.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911dev
Mr. P. previously stated that it would be an option.
NO PDK for the GT3 (as far as i know):

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-no-pdk-7.html

Old 01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
NO PDK for the GT3 (as far as i know):

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-no-pdk-7.html
thanks. I did see this thread although can't say I have read every post. I realize there was an article stating that PDK would not be an option, then later PAG stating that it would be an option and that the manual would remain as standard.

From what I have read, the venerable Mezger engine has had its day. We have all heard how PDK supposedly could not be matted to the current Mezger, but that will not be an issue going forward as the 991 gt3 engine will likely be a GT based 9A1.

I have no idea why people still insist on putting a "t" in Hans Mezger's name?

Last edited by 911dev; 01-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:44 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
thanks. I did see this thread although can't say I have read every post. I realize there was an article stating that PDK would not be an option, then later PAG stating that it would be an option and that the manual would remain as standard.

I have no idea why people still insist on putting a "t" in Hans Mezger's name?
i think we will have to wait and see, but i think due to the hardcore track use of most GT3s we won`t see the PDK in it.

P.S. "butcher" means "metzger" in german, so metzger is a common name/word here.
the word "mezger" on the other hand doesn`t exist and it looks a bit weird without the t, i think that´s the reason.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
i think we will have to wait and see, but i think due to the hardcore track use of most GT3s we won`t see the PDK in it.

P.S. "butcher" means "metzger" in german, so metzger is a common name/word here.
the word "mezger" on the other hand doesn`t exist and it looks a bit weird without the t, i think that´s the reason.
I am all for it not being an option as my next gt3 will be a stick regardless of any PDK offering. PDK, if offered, will turn some wicked lap times and acceleration numbers.

Thanks, that's cool always like learning something new. However, that doesn't change the fact that Hans' last name was Mezger, right? I mean people aren't confusing him with the word butcher are they? Not trying to offend, just understand. Emails don't convey that..

Last edited by 911dev; 01-14-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks, that's cool always like learning something new. However, that doesn't change the fact that Hans' last name was Mezger, right? I mean people aren't confusing him with the word butcher are they? Not trying to offend, just understand. Emails don't convey that..

yeah of course, it´s the legendary MEZGER.
the thing is that many germans still spell his name wrong too and that´s where it starts, so a wrong name makes its trip around the world.
it´s almost the same with the term "boxster" here. even car fanatics here in germany call it the "boxter" often on forums, instead of boxster, which is equally annoying. or the great new Burmester sound system. i have seen so many people calling it Burmeister here but also on german forums.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
yeah of course, it´s the legendary MEZGER.
the thing is that many germans still spell his name wrong too and that´s where it starts, so a wrong name makes its trip around the world.
it´s almost the same with the term "boxster" here. even car fanatics here in germany call it the "boxter" often on forums, instead of boxster, which is equally annoying. or the great new Burmester sound system. i have seen so many people calling it Burmeister here but also on german forums.
Exactly!!! Funny, but true. Here people "metzger", err... I mean butcher the word supposedly. They say "supposably".

Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
looks slightly like a panamera and cayenne gts! i think they should be more elaborate with the design.. i.e more aggressive

Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Gawd No! Sport chrono, which currently has no place on a gt3 but is needed with PDK; at least based on other models.
Sport Chrono... Whenever I see SC, supercharger comes to my mind before anything else. I wonder why. GT3/RS will remain NA as always! nice!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:02 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil panda
well the renderer seems to have grafted the current GT3 front bumper, smile and wing onto a pic of the 991, so I can see how it looks like an evolution
I agree. Looks like a weak attempt. Especially considering the rear wing on the 991 is nothing like the 997. I would really doubt they would tack on the same wing from the 997.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by evil panda
well the renderer seems to have grafted the current GT3 front bumper, smile and wing onto a pic of the 991, so I can see how it looks like an evolution
Not even the current bumper. It's from the .1.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
i like this render much more... the front bumper looks far better!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 AM
pretty badazz!! Oh no, if the RS looks like my savings account is going to feel some pain..

Old 01-15-2012, 03:13 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Porsche will sell literally twice as many GT models (GT3, GT3RS, GT2, GT2RS) if they offer a PDK option. I just don't get the vehement opposition to offering this option. The "purists" are marketing morons. Just look at the insane sales and performance #'s on the Nissan GTR. The simple fact is that a GT series car with a PDK transmission is a no-brainer as many former 6 speed guys (myself included) who daily drive their beasties will seriously consider a GT series car. There is a reason that the GT3Cup and GT3RSR cars are sequential trannies - maybe its b/c they get the driver from point A to point B without missing a shift in less time than it takes to do it in a simple manual !!! I know the purists will cry foul, but I respectfully suggest that the GT cars can compete with the best from Maranello if the offer a PDK tranny. My 2 cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 rendering