Which Color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 PM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
Which Color?

How many times have you switched the paint color for your new 991? I ordered black with black. I am pretty sure I am changing to white with black interior. I thought I was going to do blue originally.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I literally agonized (No kidding) over this.

I went from Agate Gray to Brown anthracite to Platinum to GT Silver to White to Platinum again and finally settled with White. If my order wasnt locked I would still be debating with the color.

Last edited by galion; 01-17-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Hahaa.. the 991 will look good in any colour

Old 01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Zero327 is infamous around these parts
I ordered a midnight blue cab with grey interior and deviated blue carpets!

Old 01-17-2012, 01:42 PM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
ridiculous

I think I am going to be happy with white with black interior. I will be happier when the order is locked so I don't get to change anymore. Anyone know how many weeks out do they typically lock the order?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cat1pro
How many times have you switched the paint color for your new 991? I ordered black with black. I am pretty sure I am changing to white with black interior. I thought I was going to do blue originally.
0 times.I picked Aqua Blue with a black interior. It is about the only thing I didn't re-spec. several times. Started out with a lightly optioned base coupe, now have a well optioned cab on order.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Nice guys.. we need a good assortment of 991 colors for our viewing pleasure.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
warnica is infamous around these parts
look at the three pages of this url to get a bunch of colors in the wild:
http://hypebeast.com/forums/automoti.../?topic_page=3

Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
PTS is the only way to go.....one of the blues!!

Tom

Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by warnica
look at the three pages of this url to get a bunch of colors in the wild:
http://hypebeast.com/forums/automoti.../?topic_page=3
Thanks for the great link I was trying to find real life pictures of the 991 in different colors ... if you know of any other great links please post them.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I agonized about exterior color primarily because I didn't have my head around the reality of the PS shade - as everyone on here knows. But I knew I wanted my car to have a retro feel - The silver of the 70's and the interior to match - espresso. I have fond memory of brown interior 911's back in the 70's as well as the plaid seats.

Retro-modern. Busy spokes on the wheels (spyder-like) Carrera Classic wheels, jewel-filled fish bowl headlamps, chocolatey interior....Can't wait.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:47 PM
9114S2 is infamous around these parts
Agreed - i have been back and forth - I ordered a cab so i also have the added agony over the hood color and the look when its down - i went from PS on espresso w/black hood to black/black/black to now Dark Blue on Black interior w/Blue hood...

I think i may switch back to triple black or stay - I DONT KNOW - argh.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:28 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
The only 2 colors that I thought about were Aqua Blue and Ruby Red. As my current 997.2 is Aqua Blue, the on order 991 is Ruby Red.

the interior was more of a problem, but I ended up with Agate Grey/Pebble Grey. I wanted Luxor Beige with Black (like you could get for the 997) but the only way to get it was to order Leather to Sample and it just was not worth the extra $7K over the price of the full leather interior.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 19hole
The only 2 colors that I thought about were Aqua Blue and Ruby Red. As my current 997.2 is Aqua Blue, the on order 991 is Ruby Red.

the interior was more of a problem, but I ended up with Agate Grey/Pebble Grey. I wanted Luxor Beige with Black (like you could get for the 997) but the only way to get it was to order Leather to Sample and it just was not worth the extra $7K over the price of the full leather interior.
As far as I know Leather to sample is about the same cost as PTS!!! How much did they tell you LTS was? I'm considering it!

Tom

Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Hippocampus is infamous around these parts
White is a great choice! It was my number two. White looks the best when the rear spoiler is up IMO. Why not dress up the interior with some red or yellow gauges/belts/stitching? Or add some carbon? Or painted black wheels?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Color?