2 991's at Champion Motors 10-21-12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jsceen
It's not an assumption. The 911 is moving towards the luxury car segment. I read it here a while back but can't seem to find it now. This goes to show you that most of time, a takeover ruins the original company. I know I can't be the only one to see exactly how ugly the panamera is.
Says who? Not Porsche. And if porsche didn't say it then it's pure speculation by a desk jockey critic.

And define "luxury car market". If you think the 911 is moving towards competing with Jaguar, Lexus, Bentley? That's silly.

Just because a reviewer wrote that it has more comfortable sport seats doesn't mean it's a luxury car. Just because you don't need to have your dental work check after hitting a manhole cover in the road doesn't mean it can't corner like it's on rails.

This is now the fourth thread where people are discussing the demise of Porsche and the decline of the 911 model. I must be missing something because it's the loudest, fastest, flattest cornering, and lowest to the ground 911s ever created. Doesn't seem like a luxury car to me. I must be missing something.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 AM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EricP
Why would US dealers be getting euro spec cars in their inventory?
those two were not part of the inventory. they were used for the show. they had speedometers in KM's

Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
really like the yellow... too bad is not speed yellow anymore!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cat1pro
those two were not part of the inventory. they were used for the show. they had speedometers in KM's
Ahhh. Well cool!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
Why would US dealers be getting euro spec cars in their inventory?
Originally Posted by cat1pro
We currently have 6 991's at the dealership and 1 over here at Motorsport.

Two of them are the Euro Spec "press" or "show" cars....so they can't be driven. The other cars are all US Spec cars that have been sold and are waiting for delivery.

I believe we're the first to get them...but I'm sure there are other dealers out there who have them by now too.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Abdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the rough
Well, then I just might HAVE to pass by Champion Motorsports....again....to check out the cars, and my wheels....

Old 01-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Abdon
Well, then I just might HAVE to pass by Champion Motorsports....again....to check out the cars, and my wheels....
The car won't be here much longer, it'll have to go back to the dealership for delivery.

Your wheels are here though.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
Originally Posted by PRS 7
I did not think a new thread was needed, so I'll just share here.

I went to a Plano dealer yesterday morning and they had 3 CS'.
Pics would have been lousy since the cars were inside.

A black/black with a SOLD tag hanging was on the showroom floor.
A white/beige in service drive.
A grey/black with Dealer tags was also in the service drive.

Just my observations:

The black car did not show off the new lines as well.
I would have thought my tongue would have fallen out for white but found myself staring at the grey car.

FYI for any D/FW members wanting a close up...
I was going to drive downtown to check their lot but went on to buy football grub and drinks instead.
I was there as well on Sat. The white one was the nicest IMO. Park Place had the same 3 colors as well.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Abdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
The car won't be here much longer, it'll have to go back to the dealership for delivery.

Your wheels are here though.
AWESOME!!!! Can't wait till Thursday!!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
I was there as well on Sat. The white one was the nicest IMO. Park Place had the same 3 colors as well.
A PS just showed up too on ground for sale..or was.
North dealer shows about 6 or so for sale.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I was there yesterday and saw the same cars. Im with you. The black didn't show the shape real well, but then again the lighting in Boardwalk isn't that great up front. The white one in the service bay looked fabulous...but I'm not a fan of beige interiors in a 911. I did see the grey one as I was leaving and it caught my eye the most.

But I'm really waiting to see one with black wheels, either Guards, Yellow or Platinum (same combo as my GTS). I've yet to see many images of a sporty/racey look other than a couple of Porsche Exclusive shots of the red w/ black wheels and another yellow w/ titanium wheels.

They did look good though. But I've promised the wife no trading cars until I see the WB versions.

I did not think a new thread was needed, so I'll just share here.

I went to a Plano dealer yesterday morning and they had 3 CS'.
Pics would have been lousy since the cars were inside.

A black/black with a SOLD tag hanging was on the showroom floor.
A white/beige in service drive.
A grey/black with Dealer tags was also in the service drive.

Just my observations:

The black car did not show off the new lines as well.
I would have thought my tongue would have fallen out for white but found myself staring at the grey car.

FYI for any D/FW members wanting a close up...
I was going to drive downtown to check their lot but went on to buy football grub and drinks instead.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:34 PM
^
PP's site shows two actual cars for sale. Besides the wheels, the PS one would do just fine for myself.
MUST NOT GET ON TOLLWAY SOUTH.
I'm trying to show patience for once regarding a new model vehicle. Last one bit my buttocks ...

Old 01-24-2012, 06:11 PM
The Agate launch cars, here in TX anyway, have Agate leather, MF steering wheel, PSE, Burmester and a few other options.
Cars are right at 125-126 US.
It seems they are not for sale right now but some others are.

One store here shows 7 for sale/ in transit. Several in D/FW are at 110-112 US.
No sport chrono....

We might see these rascals on the streets pretty soon now.

You folks at Champion have some 11' that look pretty sweet too.

Last edited by PRS 7; 01-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM
^
PP's site shows two actual cars for sale. Besides the wheels, the PS one would do just fine for myself.
MUST NOT GET ON TOLLWAY SOUTH.
I'm trying to show patience for once regarding a new model vehicle. Last one bit my buttocks ...
Paul Reed Smith?

Old 01-25-2012, 06:09 AM
^ The guitar artisan? Me? Uh, no. I do have a Gibson L6-Deluxe that belonged to Eric Johnson though.

The PS for sale here.

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 991's at Champion Motors 10-21-12