FVD Brombacher - Official 991 Tuning Thread - Latest Developments and Updates...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD Brombacher - Official 991 Tuning Thread - Latest Developments and Updates...

I've created this thread to keep track of FVD Brombacher tuning developments on the 991. This will act as a FAQ of sorts on our tuning.

Please feel free to comment, ask questions and to add post purchase opinions here. That way we can keep a concise thread going and fellow 6speeders can check this thread to answer any questions they may have.

FVD Brombacher website link

email: rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

or feel free to pm me directly.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
We have decided to make a valved and non valved muffler for the 991. Both will be offered with exhaust tips. The valved version has just been completed and we have received our first shipment. Here are all of the details....

+ 11 Hp & + 10 Tq Gain.
- 2 3/4" Tubing (70mm).
- 4 x 3.5"(90mm) Round Tips.
- 38.5 lb. weight savings over OEM mufflers.
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304.
- Absolutely NO DRONE in the cabin.
- Does NOT interfere with emissions and will NOT trigger the check engine light.
- ECU programming (software) is NOT NECESSARY.
- Replaces OEM side mufflers and connects to OEM header and catalytic flange.
- Under load (moving) with valves closed: 83dB*
- Under load (moving) with valves open: 89dB*

*OEM muffler is 75 dB with valves closed for reference.

This is the very 1st aftermarket muffler for the 991 and is also one of the most technically advanced mufflers for Porsche® to date. Our muffler incorporates an X pipe design to dampen and eliminate unwanted frequencies otherwise known as “drone” and gives the system the added benefit of increased torque in the mid-range.

The actual muffler is vastly different than the common baffle plated muffles stuffed with packing material that are common in the aftermarket. Ours are uniquely made with double perforated sound absorption tubes. The acoustic silencer absorption tubes are made in a trapezoidal pattern and are perforated with varying diameters, which isolate and dampen unwanted frequencies. Perforated tubes at higher gas velocities, present much less flow restriction than baffle plates and consequently translates into larger horsepower gains at higher RPMs. Also they produce the aggressive gurgling sound and contribute to the low, deep tones that you hear with the exhaust valves open.

The exhaust tips are a dual 3.5” round design and are double walled to dissipate heat, which means that they won’t tarnish as quickly as single walled tips. The design fit’s the factory cut outs in the bumper perfectly and is mounted via a ball style-connecting joint so they can be perfectly adjusted and centered.

Please note: This muffler is a direct replacement the 991 Carrera® S (3.8L - US model) which comes standard with valves. It is also a direct replacement for the Porsche® Sport Exhaust option. For the base 991 Carrera’s® (3.4L – US model) you will also need to order FVD Part # BES KLS 000 001 to compensate for the exhaust valves.ruary 16th 2012 - FVD Brombacher Valved Muffler is released!!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Premium Sponsor
One of my customers with a 991 S (without the sport exhaust option) just installed (in his garage at home by himself!) our valved muffler this weekend and I wanted to share his thoughts with my fellow 6 speeders...

Good Morning Rhonda,

I installed the exhaust on my 991 Carrera S this weekend, and am overall very pleased. The craftsmanship and quality are excellent. Fitment was a bit of a challenge as the muffler flanges were a few mm wider overall compared to the exhaust header flanges. It's probably within design tolerance, and wasn't a problem after I loosened the exhaust at the engine heads. The sound is excellent, particularly since I didn't have the sport exhaust option and found the car to be much too quiet in stock form. The new exhaust offers just the right mix of subtle burbling and popping, and definitely has a grin factor over stock (and the sport exhaust car I drove briefly). My "gold standard" is the GT3 RS with center exhaust delete....nothing compares to that, and it's a bit like apples and oranges. Comparing the FVD on the 991 to a Tubi exhaust on a 997.2, the FVD (and 991) is clearly superior. The weight and horsepower gains are clearly a plus (although I didn't have enough seat time with the stock system to comment on any difference).

As an aside, I'm an "old school"guy who had to give up a GT3 RS because of orthopedic problems (clutch had to go). I mourn the loss of that car, but must admit that I am anxious to run some track laps in the 991 PDK and anticipate very similar (if not better) performance from the new car. The 991 is not as visceral or primitive as the GT3 RS (something I miss), but damn the 991 (and PDK) performance is amazing. If the next generation GT3 follows the trend, I can only imagine what that car will be capable of !

I'm not a 6 speed member, but feel free to share my thoughts.

Regards,

Byron

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
subscribed

Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Email send.
BTW is FDV working on a cat by-pass or 200 cell cats by any chance?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Premium Sponsor
The 200 cell headers and cats are in the works, I will keep everyone posted. The cat bypass has been designed but will not be developed until the software is finished.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 02-27-2012, 12:58 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Are those pics the production unit or a prototype?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Premium Sponsor
Production unit.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net