yachting blue remorse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
You can't trust the pictures. It is amazing how poorly the color translates for the interior leather in these cars. I have a red and black interior and when I first saw pictures from the dealer when the car was delivered I hated it. The red looked orange and the combo looked like a brothel. Up close and in person, it is beautiful.

I have seen two of the different blue interiors. the Yachting blue is not as dark as the other I saw - a true navy. If you want navy or something that deep, you may be disappointed. On the other hand, it is not a royal or electric blue either - it does not look like a kid racer color. It is, IMHO, a stunning, rich color and it will look great on a white or silver car.

As for what it will do to the resale value, I heard the same things about my interior. I think it is like selling a house with a pool. Many people don't like them or are indifferent and they will not pay more for them. But for those who want a pool, they will not look at any house without one. If you are willing to wait, there will be someone out there who will appreciate the color combo and give you some value for it. I an not sure that anyone truly recovers the cost of full leather (I got it anyway) - but it may be a tie breaker between similarly priced and otherwise optioned cars.

I will likely never know becuase I can't see selling mine.
I hope you do love it - it is too much money not to. If you don't, walk away into something else.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM
tx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of light
Here are some pics of a new Boxter with yachting blue interior and I think it looks really good. http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/765...rior-pics.html

Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Min911 is infamous around these parts
After seeing a color sample I have decided to go white/blue. Pictures don't have the ability to adjust the blue in different light intensity, but our eyes do in person.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Best way to do this thing is go to a Porsche dealer. If I had not done that there's no way I could have known how beautiful agate paint and leather are. Photos, not even my own pictures with a high-end Nikon following delivery, really do not show the true effect.

Where do they find those blue cows? Perplexing.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
That looks very Old school and I love it.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 AM
T-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to behold
Just my opinion. I looked at a white Panamera with yachting blue interior and didn't like it at all. To me it seems like it is for the more "mature" individual (I'm 50 on March 14th so take that comment for what it is meant to sound like) and also does not inspire sportiness. Not trying to freak you out, but you need to see it in person and make up your mind before your order in not changeable. I really think it is a love/hate color.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Min911
After seeing a color sample I have decided to go white/blue. Pictures don't have the ability to adjust the blue in different light intensity, but our eyes do in person.
Totally agree. I had a hard time taking pics to do the color justice.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Min911
Also if you need help getting a good deal on the car we are linked up closely with McKenna ... feel free to drop me an PM and I can get you to the right person for a deal

Our 991S is also for sale White w Blue...shot you a PM

Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
My white with blue top/blue interior gets compliments constantly. Anyone who loves blue in general will be happy with it. And logically if you aren't a fan of blue you will hate it.

The usual that I hear is " Is that BLUE??" because you cannot really tell until you get right up to it.

One of the may great things about the 991 is the whole different feel I get from the car based on the color. White/blue looks very classic/preppy/clean makes me think of the ocean. The black looks tough. The red and yellow look wild/free/hot. The lighter metallics look exotic.

The different colors to me are like totally different cars.

Can you tell I love the 991?