Locked and Loaded: ready to pull the trigger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
dark blue is really sharp...but you cant go wrong with either

Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
jdsc is infamous around these parts
Dark blue looks like the winner. May have to rethink my color choice, for the 100th time.....

Anyone have any experience with brokers for their purchase? If so, was it good or bad?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
Nice build! I really respect you for going for the "untraditional" 7-speed manual! I am getting a manual 991 too, albeit a C2.

As for the PSE I can say that when I visited the dealership a few days back they had a Carrera S there with PSE. The dealer fired the car up and I honestly thought PSE was activated. Sounded amazing with PSE off, so that eased my mind atleast about not getting PSE (since the exhaust on the C2 and C2S are identical). The only thing I would change about your order is the sunroof. Did not like it in person..

Good luck with the order & keep us posted!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Loved sunroof even more in person. Soooo trick.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Spike- how did you determine your ship? Mine should be getting on a ship this week or next.

Sorry about the threadjack jdsc

Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 AM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by EricP
Spike- how did you determine your ship? Mine should be getting on a ship this week or next.

Sorry about the threadjack jdsc
Just got a call from the dealer. My car was completed 1/16. They were notified the car shipped on 1/27. The name of the ship is Pegasus Highway (google Pegasus Highway marinetraffic). The link shows the ships position, pictures of the ship, ETA etc. Since your car was completed 1/23 hopefully your car is on the same ship!!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by SpikeP
Just got a call from the dealer. My car was completed 1/16. They were notified the car shipped on 1/27. The name of the ship is Pegasus Highway (google Pegasus Highway marinetraffic). The link shows the ships position, pictures of the ship, ETA etc. Since your car was completed 1/23 hopefully your car is on the same ship!!!!
I don't think it will be. My reasoning is that even on 2/26 my car was in some completed pending status which they read as being done but still sitting with the completed batch waiting for shipment to the port by rail.

I'll call them today and get an update and get back with you. Thanks

Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by jdsc
Dark blue looks like the winner. May have to rethink my color choice, for the 100th time.....

Anyone have any experience with brokers for their purchase? If so, was it good or bad?
I've dealt with brokers for other cars and they seem to be only good for doing the busy work for you if you are not wanting to go to the dealership, etc... i.e. I had a broker on my BMW X5 and I told him what I wanted - he got it ordered and when it was in he brought it by my home with the paperwork...DONE. The price was about the level of going to the fleet mgr at the dealership. Fair. But not silly cheap.

As for a purchase like this I'm not sure a broker is going to get you any deal as the dealerships brokers buy from are cherishing their orders. Are you wanting ease of purchase or a deal?

My rationale for going to the dealership on the 991 purchase is that wanted to have a relationship with them. I would be getting my car serviced there, I frequent the joint looking at new models, they know me by name, and most importantly, I can call them 20x a week and say "where is my car...where is my car? Has it shipped?". With a broker he would have to call the dealer to get your build updates. And they gave me a fair price. I didn't want to be the guy that went to the showroom as a looky loo and they knew I would buy from a broker somewhere else.

Have you thought about interior colors?

Last edited by EricP; 01-31-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:12 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johtaja
Nice build! I really respect you for going for the "untraditional" 7-speed manual! I am getting a manual 991 too, albeit a C2.

As for the PSE I can say that when I visited the dealership a few days back they had a Carrera S there with PSE. The dealer fired the car up and I honestly thought PSE was activated. Sounded amazing with PSE off, so that eased my mind atleast about not getting PSE (since the exhaust on the C2 and C2S are identical). The only thing I would change about your order is the sunroof. Did not like it in person..

Good luck with the order & keep us posted!

I am not sure on the sunroof...will wait to see it in person Saturday. Kind of looks out of place in one or two photos I saw.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
I am not sure on the sunroof...will wait to see it in person Saturday. Kind of looks out of place in one or two photos I saw.
Mike,

Although I'm not a coupe guy I love that sunroof (saw it yesterday during a test drive) and wouldn't miss it if i were ordering a coupe! Kind of old school to me.

Tom

Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
On the sunroof topic, I was leaning towards NOT getting it but after a long debate decided to have it. Got to see one yesterday in person and from inside the car it is noticably bigger. Yes, it does look funny from the outside, but when I am driving the car I really don't have a good view of the outside of the car so it just doesn't bother me.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by 19hole
On the sunroof topic, I was leaning towards NOT getting it but after a long debate decided to have it. Got to see one yesterday in person and from inside the car it is noticably bigger. Yes, it does look funny from the outside, but when I am driving the car I really don't have a good view of the outside of the car so it just doesn't bother me.
Good point....

Old 01-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by tommyv
Mike,

Although I'm not a coupe guy I love that sunroof (saw it yesterday during a test drive) and wouldn't miss it if i were ordering a coupe! Kind of old school to me.

Tom
Ok Tom...how was the test drive or are you waiting for the cab to decide?

Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM
jdsc is infamous around these parts
I haven't seen the sunroof yet in person, however in sunny California, can't have a sports car without one. I prefer the 997 sunroof over the 991 from the photos I have seen, however when driving the car you don't see it. I'm looking forward to seeing it first hand. Local dealer is supposed to have their launch Feb. 2nd, if they get the cars on time.

As for brokers, thanks for the comments. That is what I felt also. The pricing advantage probably doesn't outweigh the benefit of the buyer/dealer interface. I don't want to have to go through a middle man to find out what is going on with my order and as far as service is concerned, there is an advantage and some leverage if you are having the car serviced by the dealer you bought the car from. This is not always the case but should be for the most part.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Ok Tom...how was the test drive or are you waiting for the cab to decide?
I'm pretty much decided but I have 15 months to go on my lease so it's not around the corner. It's going to be a C4S Cab Turquoise Blue again. I'll order it in the fall and try not to add too many extras PTS & LTS are $$$$ as it is!

I hope my car comes back soon fixed to perfection!!

Oh the test drive was unbelievable....the car is stunning...an improvement in every category. I'm left speechless by this car....looks....performance...the whole magical.....no one that's driven it can say a bad thing. There's not one thing I didn't like.

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Locked and Loaded: ready to pull the trigger