Video of 7 Speed Manual...however while car at rest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
It appears that the delay is not the manual transmission but the cabriolet that is the cause of the delay.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:28 PM
TorontoPF has a spectacular aura aboutTorontoPF has a spectacular aura about
Hi 19th hole,

That is what I am being told-the cab seems to be the hold up. Wish that I could find more pics online besides the ones Porsche puts out. Hope the delay is not much longer then 4-6 weeks. Really want my car for the beautiful May weather.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 AM
TheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
so no problem driving in dress shoes, regular sneakers or boots?
Absolutly. I was wearing Nike-Basketball-shoes ( like many 6'4 guys have to, lol) and I could handle it easily

Old 02-07-2012, 02:26 AM
TheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by af330i
Can you tell us what the clutch felt like when you push it in ... I had read a review where they call it 'Heavy'.

Is it heavy or is it like the out going 997 S model ?

Thanks !!!
Clutch feels like the one in the 997 that I tested on my channel, which was actually a Carrera 4 Convertible.

It is heavier than in an Audi or VW, but similiar to what you get in most BMWs that I tested so far.
I don't see any problems with it being to heavy

Old 02-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by TorontoPF
Thank you for your review of the 7spd. I am manual transmission guy myself I know the PDK is the latest and greatest but their is a connection to the car that i have not been able to replicate with the PDK.

If you have a chance of getting to drive a 7spd in Germany please let us know what you think. Motortrend did not seem offended by it. I can't wait to hear some reviews from people taking delivery of their manual 991's.

I am awaiting the arrival of my C2S cab-7spd platinum silver with black interior. Build date is mid-march but it appears that date might be pushed ahead by about 4-6 weeks. Some issues at the production end.

So I am anxious getting a car that know one really knows much about. A 7spd and a cab.
Awesome choice !

Well, I have to rent the cars for my reviews and it was hard to get manuals lately, because most cars have the PDK.
And since I'm still a student, it always takes me a little bit of time to save up money for renting one.

Subscribe to my channel and I'm sure at some day there will be a Getawayer ' Test Drive and Review ' of the 7speed.

However, if you guys want to do me a favour, share your impressions in the comments under this video :

It would be awesome to get some feedback from 991-owners about the new steering, gearboxes and the overall driving experience !

I'm totally flattered to meet you guys !

Greetings from germany

Guido aka TheGetawayer

Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Guido, love the manual tramission reviews. Keep it up!

Joe

Old 02-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Guido, love the manual tramission reviews. Keep it up!

Joe
Thanks Joe ! I see you are driving a Targa 4S ?

I wanted to review one of those last year. Ended up with the Coupe and PDK

Greets

Guido

Old 02-08-2012, 05:44 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
7 Speed

FYI - The PDK is also a 7 speed.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sapster
FYI - The PDK is also a 7 speed.
Yeah, and..... your point is?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
I know Guido believes that the foot well in the 991 is the same/same as the 997, but I'm not sure.

I have a '09 997 Turbo and went directly from it to the new 991 S. I felt that the new car really did have something different in the foot well. The dead pedal felt different in angle/position (?) .... and, my left foot seemed directed more to the center of the car. Like the foot well was narrower at the front/bottom.

This may just be my perception. But, I'd be interested in other folks impression of the foot well. BTW, the car I sat in was a PDK, of course.

I'm slated to test drive a 991 early next week and it's the same/same car that I described above. I'll get a better feel for the foot well then.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
New review of the 7-speed.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johtaja
New review of the 7-speed.
Seems that he loves the car, and no complaints about the MT. I guess I need to test drive it yet again ...