Our Shop Car Is Here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Our Shop Car Is Here...

No sooner then our bright yellow 991 shop car arrived in the shop, it was up in the air getting torn apart.

While our first 991-exclusive wheel design is out for testing and final design tweaks, we decided to focus some attention on the exhaust system and intake. We'll see what kind of goodies we can come up with...

Next up....aero bits, but until then..enjoy a couple pics...

Old 02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Subscribed! This should be a fun thread!

Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
Hi Tom, I ordered my 991 from Champion, a base manual tranny car. Can you put to rest once and for all the varying opinions on the manual car? Some say the foot well is far too small to comfortably accomodate the clutch pedal and others say the new 7 spd tranny is a big step backward and has lost it's mechanical feel. I would be very disappointed if this is the case and would likely opt for a left over GTS instead. Have you driven or know of anyone who has driven a manual car that can enlighten us all?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
This should be fun

Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
^^ To be perfectly honest, I haven't driven one yet so I wouldn't want to influence you one way or the other.

What I will say is that most folks are always very critical of things that are "new". A lot of people say the 991 is a step backwards in general, because of the electronic steering, and the ****pit...blah blah. Having driven our PDK car, I can tell you that this is easily the best driving 911 I've ever been in.

Cars are a very individual thing...some people will hate the things that other people will love. Never mind what peoples say...you'll love your car, I'm sure.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
Is that the Porsche sport exhaust on that car?

Old 02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
How much effort is there to change the air filter?

ChuckJ

Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cat1pro
Is that the Porsche sport exhaust on that car?
Yes it is.

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
How much effort is there to change the air filter?

ChuckJ
You need to remove the rear bumper and tail lights completely to access the airbox.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tromero
Hi Tom, I ordered my 991 from Champion, a base manual tranny car. Can you put to rest once and for all the varying opinions on the manual car? Some say the foot well is far too small to comfortably accomodate the clutch pedal and others say the new 7 spd tranny is a big step backward and has lost it's mechanical feel. I would be very disappointed if this is the case and would likely opt for a left over GTS instead. Have you driven or know of anyone who has driven a manual car that can enlighten us all?
I also ordered a base - do you have any idea when you will get yours delivered?

Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
looks good, so much extra stuff around the rear mufflers, gonna be difficult to remove without removing bumper as was possible in 997

Old 02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Yes it is.

You need to remove the rear bumper and tail lights completely to access the airbox.

Wow, that's fantastic. a simple maintenance task just got 200 times more complicated!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by YellowCalliper
I also ordered a base - do you have any idea when you will get yours delivered?
My base cab is coming at the end of April.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
can you guys just make it turbo equipped - you can be the first shop to have a 991 turbo!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Yes it is.

That might make for an expensive air filter change.

ChuckJ

Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Wow, that's fantastic. a simple maintenance task just got 200 times more complicated!
Almost unbelievable unless they use those new fangled lifetime air filters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Our Shop Car Is Here...