Pictures of 991 unveiling at Barrier Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Pictures of 991 unveiling at Barrier Porsche

Hi guys: I spent about an hour on Saturday afternoon. Quite a few enthusiasts were present. I got to connect with a couple of local 6speeders (lowpue and seapar) which was great. Funny how Seapar new everything about me, my cars and what I have done to them. Small world of Porsche enthusiasts. I enjoyed seeing the air-cooled line up of cars. There was even a Porsche 910. Enjoy the pictures. I had a great time seeing my favorite folks at their sales and service dept ( Jeff Falconer is a very nice guy who runs a great service crew there). Being a vegetarian, I can't comment but looked like they had quite a few tasty treats.

I do have one question for those who care to answer. For a Porsche newbie like me I wonder how hot was the 997 back when it was launched. Back in August '04, was there as much (or as little) love when the 997 was launched in august 04. Where the dealerships sold out at the launch. I really did not get the sense at Barrier if that was the case now. Let me know guys. I would love to hear your thoughts on the pics and my answer to the question posed.

Attached Images     
Old 02-06-2012, 08:27 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
The main event ..

Attached Images     
Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Eric, platinum silver is a beauty. You picked a great color

Attached Images     
Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Great photos. Interesting little engine compartment access.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
beauty - but did the dealer really drill holes in the front bumper for a license plate bracket? Yes they are required by law here too but there are a few less invasive options.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE

I do have one question for those who care to answer. For a Porsche newbie like me I wonder how hot was the 997 back when it was launched. Back in August '04, was there as much (or as little) love when the 997 was launched in august 04. Where the dealerships sold out at the launch. I really did not get the sense at Barrier if that was the case now. Let me know guys. I would love to hear your thoughts on the pics and my answer to the question posed.
Great photos!

I personally do not remember this much excitement at the launch of the 997. Make no mistake, for the Porschephiles, every new 911 launch is exciting. But some 911s like the 997 are more evolutionary from the 996. I do remember the 996 launch was highly anticipated because the 996 was a revolutionary design from the 993. The 991 does seem to be sufficiently different from the 997 to generate a lot of interest and enthusiasm.

I would be interested in other opinions...

Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 AM
home7271 is infamous around these parts

I was at Barrier event, too. Like I said in my other post, the car looked great inside and out, except for one thing; the 20" wheel makes the front disk look tiny. Too bad!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 AM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Great photos!

I personally do not remember this much excitement at the launch of the 997. Make no mistake, for the Porschephiles, every new 911 launch is exciting. But some 911s like the 997 are more evolutionary from the 996. I do remember the 996 launch was highly anticipated because the 996 was a revolutionary design from the 993. The 991 does seem to be sufficiently different from the 997 to generate a lot of interest and enthusiasm.

I would be interested in other opinions...
I thought 996 to 997 was more or less face lift (+interior change)...

Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks w00t

Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
You are very welcome Eric. Believe it or not, I was thinking about you all that time when I was shooting pictures of the platinum silver. Stunning color. You have a killer combo with that color and the espresso interior. It's funny how you develop a "friendship" even without seeing each other. I felt deeply sorry when I read about your 997.2 options debacle last time. I am sure you will have a great experience this time around.