SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Serge best of luck with everything and I'm glad that you came out unscathed. Bon courage.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Sorry to hear about your mishap. It's just metal and can be fixed. No one was hurt and that's the important thing.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:46 PM
allans is infamous around these parts
Serge, Can you provide a Contact for the repair shop please. Thanks, Allan

Old 10-05-2013, 04:21 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by allans
Serge, Can you provide a Contact for the repair shop please. Thanks, Allan
PM'd you. Hope nothing to worry about on your side

Old 10-07-2013, 07:41 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
This is already old news and you have probably all seen this on TV this W-E, but this will certainly make me stop whining about my little 'accident'

These 911's are tough cars and it is amazing nobody was hurt! Could have been a lot worse...

Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap! First Ive seen of it. Still amazed the corner workers weren't hurt. The lady was looking the other way.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Holy crap! First Ive seen of it. Still amazed the corner workers weren't hurt. The lady was looking the other way.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. She didn't even see it coming and by the time she heard it and turned around, it was flying in the air towards her.
She must have peed a little.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
But a mere scratch. I am sure it can be buffed out.

That is right before you head up the Esses. Pretty fast section. 48 car moved right to get a better line up the esses and wither didn’t see the 31 car or was trying to move him over.

Big hit.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 AM
carcam is infamous around these parts
At least he didn't have pebbles everywhere

Old 10-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by carcam
At least he didn't have pebbles everywhere
good point! and they will probably get their/a car back before I do

Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
good point! and they will probably get their/a car back before I do
ETA on your car, Serge?

Old 10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
No ETA yet but it will probably stay for a month at the shop. Finalizing the details with the insurance and the shop this week. I am suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms

Old 10-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
No ETA yet but it will probably stay for a month at the shop. Finalizing the details with the insurance and the shop this week. I am suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms
Awe.... well you know what they say... absence makes the heart grow fonder! You'll enjoy it a heap load when you get it back.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Tom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really nice
Got the car back with the GIAC ECU software installed ... wow, it's pretty amazing. Main difference is the torque. Starting at 3000 rpm, you get pressed a bit into the seat, and starting at 4000 the power development is explosive ... at lower speeds, get a lot more wheelspin, car wants to go sideways, I'm just not used to that.

Earlier, with the power kit and OEM software, the powerband was smoothed out (vs the non-X51 kick at 4K rpm), but maybe a bit more borning than the standard 991s until you got past 6K rpm. Now it's truly explosive everywhere above 3800. Best way to describe it is that it feels as if the car is 200 pounds lighter. It just jumps. At higher speeds (above 80 mph) and at high rpm, the difference is much less. Still better throttle response and better sound, but power doesn't feel as different. That would make sense to me ... accelerating from slower speeds, torque is king, and looks like that's where the big difference is. At speed, horsepower is king, and getting 10-20 hp more (I'd guess) is nice but not as worldchanging. Always thought the car was fun but not as agile as I'd hoped, now it really jumps....I was trembling a bit after my morning commute today ;-)

Best upgrade thus far...too bad I couldn't get a before/after dyno. Will put the Fabspeed headers on and then see if someone can dyno the car.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:44 AM
CarAholic is infamous around these partsCarAholic is infamous around these parts
Nice review seems that you are happy with the tune. I wonder how it is on the non x51 though and personally trying to decide if it's worth 2,000. I do think the car is currently lacking mid range torque and this seems to fix it.

Originally Posted by Tom 991s
Got the car back with the GIAC ECU software installed ... wow, it's pretty amazing. Main difference is the torque. Starting at 3000 rpm, you get pressed a bit into the seat, and starting at 4000 the power development is explosive ... at lower speeds, get a lot more wheelspin, car wants to go sideways, I'm just not used to that.

Earlier, with the power kit and OEM software, the powerband was smoothed out (vs the non-X51 kick at 4K rpm), but maybe a bit more borning than the standard 991s until you got past 6K rpm. Now it's truly explosive everywhere above 3800. Best way to describe it is that it feels as if the car is 200 pounds lighter. It just jumps. At higher speeds (above 80 mph) and at high rpm, the difference is much less. Still better throttle response and better sound, but power doesn't feel as different. That would make sense to me ... accelerating from slower speeds, torque is king, and looks like that's where the big difference is. At speed, horsepower is king, and getting 10-20 hp more (I'd guess) is nice but not as worldchanging. Always thought the car was fun but not as agile as I'd hoped, now it really jumps....I was trembling a bit after my morning commute today ;-)

Best upgrade thus far...too bad I couldn't get a before/after dyno. Will put the Fabspeed headers on and then see if someone can dyno the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal