SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtony
They wanted to repaint the entire rear of the X5 including both quarter panels and the roof because of a couple of nicks caused by the falling glass from the tailgate window. Told them to leave that alone since I figured it would probably lower it's resale/trade-in value.
Good point. You can also go after your insurance company to get a check for 'diminished value'. I started the process and there are companies that will help you for less than $500 and recover a lot more as they know how to handle appraisers.

I at Performance almost every day now, so I'll take a look at the X5

Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Don't be humiliated by your son, be proud of him! That rocks.

Of course if you really want to slow him down start talking about potential college funding sources. I've found that makes 'em real accommodating....

Old 11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jnscolo
Don't be humiliated by your son, be proud of him! That rocks.

Of course if you really want to slow him down start talking about potential college funding sources. I've found that makes 'em real accommodating....

You are totally right. I am more worried that he becomes too confident and takes too much risk... but again, I am the one who crashed a car

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Serge,

Glad to see your are about to get your car back, we may need to take it to the Tail of the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway for a few re-break-in runs.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:26 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Wink Great things come in small packages...

Hi SM ATL,

I just read your post from start to finish, over 3 days... lol It is an inspiring excursion you have taken with your 911's. I think for us Gearheads, it is always the drive and not so much the destination. Yours will be quite a memorable one and even though the S is in the shop it will all be fixed to spec, and if you don't want to keep it you can always sell the Guards Red S and get a new one and start all over again...

I am currently a vocal lurker since I don't own a 911 yet, but I have always been told that good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for the great reading and I look forward to more of your journal!

Old 11-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by windboat
Serge,

Glad to see your are about to get your car back, we may need to take it to the Tail of the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway for a few re-break-in runs.
I am aware of a few guys who are trying to organize something. I'll keep our community informed

Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Hi SM ATL,

I just read your post from start to finish, over 3 days... lol It is an inspiring excursion you have taken with your 911's. I think for us Gearheads, it is always the drive and not so much the destination. Yours will be quite a memorable one and even though the S is in the shop it will all be fixed to spec, and if you don't want to keep it you can always sell the Guards Red S and get a new one and start all over again...

I am currently a vocal lurker since I don't own a 911 yet, but I have always been told that good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for the great reading and I look forward to more of your journal!
I admire your patience. Talking about old(?)/new cars I am in fact still asking myself whether I want to go back to a daily driver + dedicated track car or keep the Guards Red S as my multi-purpose vehicle. First world problems once again.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Looking better everyday!

Last edited by SM_ATL; 07-23-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Holy crap! Did they take verything out of the cabin?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by 998M
Holy crap! Did they take verything out of the cabin?

Performance Collision has done the most thorough job I have ever seen. I checked on the car today and it is almost 100% completed and looks just as good as new...and better than before the crash. I initially got scared when I realized the magnitude of what they were doing, but in the end, it is totally worth it.

Very close to the finish line now: windshield, check up and coolant refill by Porsche, complete system reset and software update, alignment, decals and final quality check.

Last edited by SM_ATL; 07-23-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:03 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Looking good.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:45 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fantastic Serge. Looks like new!! I am sure you are very happy.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
It looks like the did a great job!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:40 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Incredible workmanship. Congratulations on getting your car back!

Old 11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Looks great. Glad to see that you'll be back on track, literally

Old 11-21-2013, 10:50 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
4 days later and I've finally made my way through all 100+ pgs (not to mention a couple detours/side roads through the other temporary build threads). Hope the last of the gremlins get worked out by Hennessy and you'll have your pride and joy back in your possession this wkend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal