SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
4 days later and I've finally made my way through all 100+ pgs (not to mention a couple detours/side roads through the other temporary build threads). Hope the last of the gremlins get worked out by Hennessy and you'll have your pride and joy back in your possession this wkend.
Thanks but no hope for this week end: Hennessy found a squeaking Gremlin hidden in the dashboard and another around one of the rear wheels.

I'll survive for this time, but I'll kill someone if I do not get my toy back for Thxgiving

Meanwhile, at the dealership...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10937878306_50cc554324_z.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	304664  
Old 11-22-2013, 04:20 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
The car is looking good and ready to go back to papa!
Serge how does the warranty now work...does everything go back to the original Porsche warranty?

Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Looking good Serge!!!

ChuckJ

Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
If it makes you feel any better, my X5 has been at Performance for three weeks for a minor scrape on the tailgate and a shattered tailgate glass!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Tom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really nice
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Very close to the finish line now: windshield, check up and coolant refill by Porsche, complete system reset and software update, alignment, decals and final quality check.
Looks fantastic!!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
Damn i didnt know this even happened Sean told me last week.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I just finished the thread from start to finish. It took me about 8 hours over four days. Thanks for all of the input! I feel much better 991 educated than before!

Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Haku
The car is looking good and ready to go back to papa!
Serge how does the warranty now work...does everything go back to the original Porsche warranty?
Very good question, was wondering that myself.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:42 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STALKER
Very good question, was wondering that myself.
There was no frame or mechanical damage and all repairs were done at a certified shop with OEM parts. The final inspection is performed by the dealership. Based on what I have heard so far, my 6 year/100.000 miles warranty still applies (extended warranty was part of the deal when I bought out my lease).

Old 11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
There was no frame or mechanical damage and all repairs were done at a certified shop with OEM parts. The final inspection is performed by the dealership. Based on what I have heard so far, my 6 year/100.000 miles warranty still applies (extended warranty was part of the deal when I bought out my lease).
Thank you for the info Serge.

I just wanted to know because we can all learn from the do's and dont's as this can happen to anyone.

Is the beauty back with Pa?

Old 11-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
I just wanted to know because we can all learn from the do's and dont's as this can happen to anyone.

Is the beauty back with Pa?
No problem at all! I am pushing hard to get the car back before Turkey day.

The only issue would be the trade-in value with Porsche if/when I buy a new one. Even though there was no frame or mechanical damage and the repairs were only paint and replacement of parts, Porsche will not resell it as a CPO vehicle and will offer much less for it. This means that I'll go for a private sale this time. I am comfortable sharing openly what happened to the car and am sure that I won't get as much than as if nothing had happened, but it will still be way more than what Porsche would give me. So if anybody wants to make an offer, there is a great 991S -like new- with a good deal available

Meanwhile, I am working with the insurance to get a reasonable amount back for diminished value.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:53 PM
No problem at all! I am pushing hard to get the car back before Turkey day.

The only issue would be the trade-in value with Porsche if/when I buy a new one. Even though there was no frame or mechanical damage and the repairs were only paint and replacement of parts, Porsche will not resell it as a CPO vehicle and will offer much less for it. This means that I'll go for a private sale this time. I am comfortable sharing openly what happened to the car and am sure that I won't get as much than as if nothing had happened, but it will still be way more than what Porsche would give me. So if anybody wants to make an offer, there is a great 991S -like new- with a good deal available

Meanwhile, I am working with the insurance to get a reasonable amount back for diminished value.
Thanks for sharing the info Serge. Are looking to sell the car soon?....
Your car looked stunning when I saw it, add to that the your honorable rep, which I can vouch for, should be an attractive purchase for anyone considering jumping into a well spec'd 991S.

What's the next car on your radar?....GT3 perhaps?

Old 11-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the nice words. I could consider selling one of these days if I'd be made whole between a diminished value check and a competitive sale of the car.

Nevertheless:
- I would owe a weekend at the track to Opnielsen (a stupid bet: I invite him to the track if I sell the car before I had it for 3 years and he invites me if I keep it).
- I have tried a few different vehicles lately and have not found anything better than the 991
- Kids will be going to college soon and I must behave as a reasonable parent

The GT3 is definitely tempting, but I want to drive one before I make a decision. I do not want to make the 'daily driver' 997.1 GT3 mistake one more time, even though I read that the 991 GT3 is much morse civilized (you'll tell us ).

I am still thinking about a fast daily driver and a dedicated track car... but I have been there before too. I test-drove the F-type a while ago and did not like it enough. I still have to drive the C7 without any preconceived judgement.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... but sanity can be boring too...

Old 11-24-2013, 08:39 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the nice words. I could consider selling one of these days if I'd be made whole between a diminished value check and a competitive sale of the car.

Nevertheless:
- I would owe a weekend at the track to Opnielsen (a stupid bet: I invite him to the track if I sell the car before I had it for 3 years and he invites me if I keep it).
- I have tried a few different vehicles lately and have not found anything better than the 991
- Kids will be going to college soon and I must behave as a reasonable parent

The GT3 is definitely tempting, but I want to drive one before I make a decision. I do not want to make the 'daily driver' 997.1 GT3 mistake one more time, even though I read that the 991 GT3 is much morse civilized (you'll tell us ).

I am still thinking about a fast daily driver and a dedicated track car... but I have been there before too. I test-drove the F-type a while ago and did not like it enough. I still have to drive the C7 without any preconceived judgement.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... but sanity can be boring too...
I would say you'd have a perspective buyer for that car if you could wait a couple yrs but we both know it'd be a miracle if you made it a couple months after you get it back.

Btw, it may be time to test drive that GTR...

Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Btw, it may be time to test drive that GTR...
Mmmm yes, as OP is a bit of a track rat, they just introduced a Nismo version !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal