SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Btw, it may be time to test drive that GTR...
Originally Posted by bccars
Mmmm yes, as OP is a bit of a track rat, they just introduced a Nismo version !
Godzilla is definitely on my test-drive list. The technology side of it appeals to a nerd like me, but the cosmetic side -especially the cabin- is not my favorite. Also, if what I heard about the warranty is true (voided when you switch to race mode), it will always be a complete no-go. I can not imagine that a manufacturer would not stand behind one of his products due to a functionality that he has designed

Anyway, quoting myself, I stated "one of these days"... I surely want to keep enjoying the 991 for a while. All the cars I have been driving since the 911 is at the shop, except maybe for the 19 year old M3, felt numb and boring.
Fast and numb could be OK for a DD, but not for an all around or week end car.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Serge, I've got the perfect car picked out for track, street, and water...... The Citroen 2CV. It does it all matey!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	305416  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
Serge, I've got the perfect car picked out for track, street, and water...... The Citroen 2CV. It does it all matey!

It could in fact be a nice 'chump car' (quite robust and easy to fix) if it wasn't for its very weak frame
Along the same lines, an old Beetle could do as well and it would still be a rear engine car.

Back in Europe, I have had a couple of French cars and to make a long story short: NEVER AGAIN. Good looks and suspension but quality is terrible, totally unreliable and not even cheap (in terms of value for money). Very much like Fiat or Chrysler -hence the reason why Fiat and Chrysler are a good fit BTW-

Old 11-25-2013, 07:18 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Hold on to your 911. Drive it till the wheels fall off and let the diminished value occur along side the normal depreciation.

Btw, the 2 CV is an absolute legend..
If I had to drive around the world, I'd definitely do it in a 2CV before a 991.
Flame away my children....

Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Maybe something old school.....the depreciation is already over.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by dux
Hold on to your 911. Drive it till the wheels fall off and let the diminished value occur along side the normal depreciation.

Economically, you are perfectly right: pocketing the diminished value check and letting the 991 depreciate for a couple more years is by far the best option.
That's why it should be my plan... unless something else really starts to itch

Old 11-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL

It could in fact be a nice 'chump car' (quite robust and easy to fix) if it wasn't for its very weak frame
Along the same lines, an old Beetle could do as well and it would still be a rear engine car.

Back in Europe, I have had a couple of French cars and to make a long story short: NEVER AGAIN. Good looks and suspension but quality is terrible, totally unreliable and not even cheap (in terms of value for money). Very much like Fiat or Chrysler -hence the reason why Fiat and Chrysler are a good fit BTW-
About French cars.... you are spot on. Having said that I've always lusted after the original Renault Alpine. As a kid growing up in Spain in the 70's it was the
hottest thing around.

Views:	56
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	305421  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:29 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
That's why it should be my plan... unless something else really starts to itch
I suspect you already have a slight rash forming...

Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Maybe something old school.....the depreciation is already over.

Beautiful!!! And yes, starting a track car project using an old fully depreciated car (like my son's M3) is also something I have in the back of my mind.

Thinking about track cars, the Cayman GTS should be released some time mid next year. It could be a good platform to start from too...

Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 AM
About French cars.... you are spot on. Having said that I've always lusted after the original Renault Alpine. As a kid growing up in Spain in the 70's it was the
hottest thing around.
Yes, that generation of Alpine was a different story. Much better than the next gen's.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by dux
I suspect you already have a slight rash forming...
I do... but it may simply be a side effect of my current 991 withdrawal.
Time will tell!!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by dux

No flames here dux. Yup the 2cv would be the way to go because when the wheels fall off (and they will!) you can just paddle away!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Serge.

Btw, I bet you all thoughts of selling your 991 will disappear once you get your car back. Think of it as new... Which in many ways it is!

Views:	67
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	305423  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Yes, that generation of Alpine was a different story. Much better than the next gen's.

You are so right... That version sucked and also got panned by the aficionados.

It was fun to watch Jeremy get boshed!

Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Anyway, quoting myself, I stated "one of these days"... I surely want to keep enjoying the 991 for a while. All the cars I have been driving since the 911 is at the shop, except maybe for the 19 year old M3, felt numb and boring.
Fast and numb could be OK for a DD, but not for an all around or week end car.
There's always the 991GT3.
But you can throw in an old M3 CSL or a newer M3 GTS for good measure ? Apparently those are awesome drivers cars.
Or if you like to go wild, an AMG C63 Black Series !

Old 11-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Btw, I bet you all thoughts of selling your 991 will disappear once you get your car back. Think of it as new... Which in many ways it is!
^This

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal