SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:46 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Porsche 911 FTW !

I did not have the opportunity to be in Daytona today, but a good friend of ours spent the week end there. Here are 3 quick pics of the car #911 just a few minutes after it passed the finish line. It can certainly use a good car wash. I personally recommend Turtlewax 'Bug & Tar' after the track
Don't they have a Quick Tear Off Clear Bra?

PS. I sure hope they fix the officiating for the series. The last full course yellow (given that the "obstacle" was hot hoofing it around the track back to the pits), and the avoidable contact penalty (where there was no contact, just final lap racing) were both wrong.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 01-26-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:59 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
AWE Exhaust 'preview'

I did not have my new microphone this week end, but my kids were busy with a photoshoot of their own cars, so I did a coupe of drive by's just to give an idea of what the AWE exhaust sounds like @ WOT.
Quality of the video is pretty bad and there is too much wind, but I'll have something better next week end...

Old 01-26-2014, 08:01 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
AWE Exhaust 'preview' I did not have my new microphone this week end, but my kids were busy with a photoshoot of their own cars, so I did a coupe of drive by's just to give an idea of what the AWE exhaust sounds like @ WOT. Quality of the video is pretty bad and there is too much wind, but I'll have something better next week end... Video Link: http://youtu.be/PZB6ppk05qc
Wow, that sounded great!

Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Porsche 911 FTW !

I did not have the opportunity to be in Daytona today, but a good friend of ours spent the week end there. Here are 3 quick pics of the car #911 just a few minutes after it passed the finish line. It can certainly use a good car wash. I personally recommend Turtlewax 'Bug & Tar' after the track

Are you kidding that looks awesome. Just a little dirt. Most of the cars come back missing parts or bumpers that were replaced.

This is from a couple of years ago. Front and rear bumper change. The passenger side rear quarter panel is also a mess.

Marc

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00328.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	325440  
Old 01-26-2014, 08:44 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 998M
Are you kidding that looks awesome. Just a little dirt. Most of the cars come back missing parts or bumpers that were replaced. This is from a couple of years ago. Front and rear bumper change. The passenger side rear quarter panel is also a mess. Marc
LOL. I was kidding of course. Car #911 was one of the few to finish intact. It must say something about the pilots too... I was a little disappointed by how the 991 did in GTD, but there is probably a steeper learning curve for these teams than for a factory team running the 991 RSR.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:07 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
AWE Exhaust 'preview'

I did not have my new microphone this week end, but my kids were busy with a photoshoot of their own cars, so I did a coupe of drive by's just to give an idea of what the AWE exhaust sounds like @ WOT.
Quality of the video is pretty bad and there is too much wind, but I'll have something better next week end...
Would have like to see the expression on the driver in the black minivan!

Old 01-27-2014, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Would have like to see the expression on the driver in the black minivan!
Probably something like : 'Duh, another d**che showing off in his Porsche'.
Sorry for making us look bad, but I just can't resist street racing with minivans

Just kidding of course. I did my best to make as much noise as I could without going too fast. I'll find a completely deserted place for more comprehensive recordings next week

Old 01-27-2014, 06:31 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Wow I have to agree that sounds awesome! I may be leaning in the direction of AWE now. Just waiting for this snow to clear and head down to AWE shop here in PA....

Thanks for posting the video!

AWE Exhaust 'preview'

AWE Exhaust preview

Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 AM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Just came across this today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2990991235.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	325629

As usual we win, anyone notice the side vents on the RSR? Sup with those?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Just came across this today.

Attachment 325629

As usual we win, anyone notice the side vents on the RSR? Sup with those?
Better view:

http://stuttcars.com/porsche-models/911/991/rsr/

Old 01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tom 991s
Bob - I think I had posted a review on this threat a few months back when I got it. After installing the power kit, the power curve was smoother between 3-5k rpm (less of a sudden kick at 4k rpm that you get with the non x51 engine). The giac ecu really brought the engine alive between 3000-4500 rpm. Big gain there, especially in lower gears feels like car is 200 lbs lighter. Matches with what the giac folks told me on the phone about the stock tune being a bit lazy in the midrange....
Tom you did, but those were your initial impressions and I wasn't sure if with time and familiarity you had a different perspective. Thanks..... question answered in subsequent posts.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:09 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
AWE Exhaust 'preview'

AWE Exhaust preview
Ha, ha, launch control eh?? Do I detect a significant increase in popping and gurgling on deacceleration? Sounds good Serge.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by handfull
Ha, ha, launch control eh?? Do I detect a significant increase in popping and gurgling on deacceleration? Sounds good Serge.
Don't do launch control very often, but a good opportunity this time
And yes, there is a big increase in popping and gurgling when you lift in Sport/Sport+ mode. Not in standard mode. One of the things I like with this exhaust.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Wow, 991 RSR pics galore . Thanks Steve!

Old 01-27-2014, 01:14 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Agree - nice find Steve!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal