SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thanks for the nice words guys!
I usually post pics and videos showing my great talent ( ). Allow me this time to share a complete miss: The Brembo front BBK and the Toyo's 888 provide a lot more grip and braking power on the track but more is not infinite... I started to brake later and later before the hairpin at Barber until I ended up slamming the brakes at '1'. Not good (enough)!

Lesson learned, no damage to the car, only to my self esteem

Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
I think that still shows off your great skills by barely missing the gravel pit and still not spinning.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtony
I think that still shows off your great skills by barely missing the gravel pit and still not spinning.
Agreed!!!! Great recovery! Now you know where your limits are. By the way I thought I heard power until you were on the grass, that must have been some sort of anomaly.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 08-27-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
yep way to keep your cool!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Agreed!!!! Great recovery! Now you know where your limits are. By the way I thought I heard power until you were on the grass, that must have been some sort of anomaly.

ChuckJ
Thanks guys, you are too are too indulgent. I think you are right about the soundtrack Chuck (there must be some sync issue) as I slammed the brakes at the '1' sign and we should not hear power after that
Again, the 991 is a very forgiving car. I got it (slightly) off track 3 times and each time the recovery was painless.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
TM_ATL is infamous around these parts
Video 991 vs 997

Another quick video of a SM_ATL's 991 catching up with its predecessor

Last edited by TM_ATL; 08-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Thanks guys, you are too are too indulgent. I think you are right about the soundtrack Chuck (there must be some sync issue) as I slammed the brakes at the '1' sign and we should not hear power after that
Again, the 991 is a very forgiving car. I got it (slightly) off track 3 times and each time the recovery was painless.

Are you running with the nannies on or off?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM
On for this one. Car is well balanced and responds well with the nannies on and off... But I do not dare (yet) to throw my new ride at full power on the track without safety net!... I drive with a track insurance, but there is still a bunch of depreciation to leave on the table for now

Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 PM
My beloved car will already reach her 10,000 miles anniversary tomorrow.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7877476778/
I should buy her something on that occasion

Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TM_ATL
Another quick video of a SM_ATL's 991 catching up with its predecessor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89OrcDMeurg
OK I don't know if there's been an intro TM ATL but I'm guessing you are the young man sitting next to Dad as he turns his 991 into a hover craft.

I'm also going to deduct that you are the author/editor of the video clips we have been enjoying here... if so I have to say your production values are getting better and better (really liking the text and choice of music).
Next thing you know you'll be editing to the music doing color corrections and stacking your audio channels.

I own a TV Production company but I started with doing clips just like you, nice to see.
Good job!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Guess that says you broke the sound barrier!!!

ChuckJ

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Guess that says you broke the sound barrier!!!

ChuckJ
You ate the air force pilot here if I remember well from a previous post !

Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 AM
You ate the air force pilot here if I remember well from a previous post !
Sorry, don't compute on that one.

ChuckJ

Old 08-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Sorry, don't compute on that one.

ChuckJ
Back to your 356 pic, you posted "I was just out of Officer Candidate School and headed for flight school", but maybe I got it wrong.
Also, I do not know why my computer changed "You are" into "You ate" in my post

Sorry if I misunderstood you!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:36 PM
More video editing by the kids with Final Cut... They keep improving

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal