SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
I bet that is fun to explain if you get pulled over. Racing seats, red 5 point harness, roll cage and awesome sound. "Me?!?! speeding? no no no. It was that Civic that passed me."

Looks and sounds great.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 998M
I bet that is fun to explain if you get pulled over. Racing seats, red 5 point harness, roll cage and awesome sound. "Me?!?! speeding? no no no. It was that Civic that passed me."

Looks and sounds great.
Yes Officer, you would not believe how loud this Civic was with its fart-cans

Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Damn officer, I can't figure out how to get this thing out of first gear, do you have any experience with these?

ChuckJ

Old 09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Damn officer, I can't figure out how to get this thing out of first gear, do you have any experience with these?

ChuckJ
LOL! Reminds me of this old commercial:

Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Porsche commercial?

I was waiting for her to throw some smoke at him when he was walking away.

ChuckJ

Old 09-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I do not like to put promo stickers on my car, but I'll do justice to my favorite shop for the quality work Sean Freed does on the car

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7959442230/
Like him on Facebook, he's posting more stuff there:
Facebook Post

Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Found out I still had a little crush on my OEM wheels and put them back on the car for the time being. I'll throw in 14mm spacers at the rear (got them already, just need the bolts). I am keeping the black wheels too and will use one set or the other depending on my mood -or track use if it rains and I want to run PSS instead of 888's-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7998342171/

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
^^^Perfect!!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by galion
^^^Perfect!!
Thanks! There are as many opinions as there are different types of wheels... and I like them all So I'll probably do what my wife does with shoes -meaning having too many of them-, but will replace high heels by spacers

Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
It looks fantastic regardless of the shoes

Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
On the 991S vs. GT3RS, see attached from Pocono this past weekend. This was my 2nd track event with my neighbor and his RS. He has about 10 track days experience (just moved up to Blue at this event) and I have about 60 total. It pains me to say it but his RS is a bit faster. Both cars have very similar cornering prowess, maybe slight edge to a performance optioned 991S like mine but the RS definitely pulls away from the apex with noticeably more authority.

My best lap at Pocono North this weekend (in street tires and OEM pads) was 1.02 and that took heavy smoke coming from my rear wheel (thank you PTV plus) followed by a prayer session that the car wouldn't go up in flames. My buddy turned in a 58.5 (on Hoosiers and Performance Friction pads).

Of course I keep telling myself that I drove to the track in utter luxury while he drove an SUV with an aluminum trailer behind it

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Found out I still had a little crush on my OEM wheels and put them back on the car for the time being. I'll throw in 14mm spacers at the rear (got them already, just need the bolts). I am keeping the black wheels too and will use one set or the other depending on my mood -or track use if it rains and I want to run PSS instead of 888's-

Love the Carrera Classic Wheels!! Sporty and Classy. I also really like the all black look with the white car. I'm jealous!! I want to have a choice, based on my mood for the day.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:49 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
This is not fair.
You are trying to decide if you want to run your PSS or 888. I am trying to decide what winter tire I should buy L

I see that tirerack carries the Pirelli P Zero Corsa (track tire) in a 20”. For the low price of $878 per tire (sarcasm). What did the 888s cost? Might be cheaper for me to buy 19” rims and go with 888 than the silly cost of the Coras.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Of course I keep telling myself that I drove to the track in utter luxury while he drove an SUV with an aluminum trailer behind it
now that is funny

Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 AM
hlee1169 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KonaKai
On the 991S vs. GT3RS, see attached from Pocono this past weekend. This was my 2nd track event with my neighbor and his RS. He has about 10 track days experience (just moved up to Blue at this event) and I have about 60 total. It pains me to say it but his RS is a bit faster. Both cars have very similar cornering prowess, maybe slight edge to a performance optioned 991S like mine but the RS definitely pulls away from the apex with noticeably more authority.

My best lap at Pocono North this weekend (in street tires and OEM pads) was 1.02 and that took heavy smoke coming from my rear wheel (thank you PTV plus) followed by a prayer session that the car wouldn't go up in flames. My buddy turned in a 58.5 (on Hoosiers and Performance Friction pads).

I believe the RS is both lighter and has more HP, and probably shorter gearing too. By the way, how do you get the rear wheel smoking? PTV braking too much? I wonder if it will happen to me if I become more aggressive on the track.

Good one on the SUV with trailer, although I found this trailer on the web last night, now you can tow a trailer in the comfort of the 991!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal