SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
OK, I had to post this, even if it costs me some reputation

Here's the commercial for the launch of the 991:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGFcNtvdfk

And this is how I imagine Clarkson would have re-interpreted it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tPZ6h-VCU

Let me say that I love Porsche and Germany and that this is only making fun at people who wrote the darkest pages of the German history. This video was also a sarcastic response to a friend who kept telling me that my 911 is a glorified **** car.

For those of you who have not seen the attached video yet, here's Clarkson's own view of the equation "911 = tank"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0xDPFoMq8
JC video is disturbing!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
JC video is disturbing!
JC is totally disturbed, but that's why we love him, even when he destroys a piece of art (the 911, not the piano...)

Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Clarkson is a boob but I cannot stop watching. Maybe it is that utter love of almost any car. Even when he is ripping it apart.

Only one issue with video. The new 911s are not nearly as tough. A slight bump in any one of the 4 corners of a cup car and you will crush a radiator.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
OK, I had to post this, even if it costs me some reputation

Here's the commercial for the launch of the 991:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGFcNtvdfk

And this is how I imagine Clarkson would have re-interpreted it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tPZ6h-VCU

Let me say that I love Porsche and Germany and that this is only making fun at people who wrote the darkest pages of the German history. This video was also a sarcastic response to a friend who kept telling me that my 911 is a glorified **** car.

For those of you who have not seen the attached video yet, here's Clarkson's own view of the equation "911 = tank"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0xDPFoMq8
ROTFLMAO!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
wowwwwww need a new emotion for that video

Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
hlee1169 is infamous around these parts
SM_ATL, put down the good stuff you have been smoking, and slowly step away from your car...

Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Tired of it already? That's what scares me about the 991. Enthusiasts seem to grow tired of dual clutch transmissions quickly. Don't want the 911 to become watered down to sell to more in and outers. Great for initial sales, bad for residuals.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hlee1169
SM_ATL, put down the good stuff you have been smoking, and slowly step away from your car...
Yeah, a good night sleep was enough to clear up my mind... and I should never listen to some friends advice when its too late and...humm... let's say it's too late.
What post are you talking about BTW ?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
hlee1169 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, a good night sleep was enough to clear up my mind... and I should never listen to some friends advice when its too late and...humm... let's say it's too late.
What post are you talking about BTW ?
Ah...it's only in my dream man.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
OK, I can understand the trailer with the track gear, but this one, really...

911 + Caravan, Clarkson would SO hate this
Is that my old 997S?

ChuckJ
Nope, wrong license plate

Old 09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
ronaldvetteron is infamous around these partsronaldvetteron is infamous around these parts
I am glad you did this with our CR that I bought . But, I do understand to a degree how you feel. My wife and I have owned > 40 cars. And, for a long time..........I was trading constantly. That seems to have slowed down with my 08 CS that I traded to get your CR. One thing I have found is that I have intentionally slowed down the pace at which I make changes.......plan a lot more, research a lot more and it streches out how long before I feel like I have done all I can. The real test will be how long I keep the CR as you did so many things to it that fit my taste that you left me little to do...........

Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Tired of it already? That's what scares me about the 991. Enthusiasts seem to grow tired of dual clutch transmissions quickly. Don't want the 911 to become watered down to sell to more in and outers. Great for initial sales, bad for residuals.
Not tired of it at all in fact. My 'dilemma' came from the fact that I am turning my 991 50% into a track car and keeping it 50% as a daily driver. In the end, it is not a GT3 and it is not a convenient DD either. Knowing that I do not want to spend way more $$$ on cars than I am today an initial idea was to replace the 991 by an OK fast DD (M3?) + dedicated track car.
A few drinks later, I was posting the disappeared message i quickly deleted when I got sober again

Truth of the matter is: the 991, PDK or not, is AMAZING. I'll dial it back a bit more to stock to make it more usable as DD (remove the muffler bypass and harness) and making it look a bit more OEM (not showing up at business meeting in what looked more and more like a race car), will continue to track the 991 and will wait for the economy to recover to think about a dedicated track car.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by ronaldvetteron
I am glad you did this with our CR that I bought . But, I do understand to a degree how you feel. My wife and I have owned > 40 cars. And, for a long time..........I was trading constantly. That seems to have slowed down with my 08 CS that I traded to get your CR. One thing I have found is that I have intentionally slowed down the pace at which I make changes.......plan a lot more, research a lot more and it streches out how long before I feel like I have done all I can. The real test will be how long I keep the CR as you did so many things to it that fit my taste that you left me little to do...........
You are a wise man!
As a street car, my 991S is as good as it will ever get. I was for a moment looking at how to satisfy my recent but devouring track passion without breaking the bank. But then, looking at the depreciation hit, it is kind of pointless. I'll finish building my new home and see if there something left for a ride I can use, abuse and crash on the track

Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
In the end ( especially when economy sukks) more people are asking that very same question. What am I getting out if this?? It's like buying a 24 CT golden handle to flush the toilet. It's not changing the way the lavatoire works not does it diminishes the smell in the powder room!.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I'll dial it back a bit more to stock to make it more usable as DD (remove the muffler bypass and harness) and making it look a bit more OEM (not showing up at business meeting in what looked more and more like a race car), will continue to track the 991 and will wait for the economy to recover to think about a dedicated track car.
One of my CEOs at Bell Helicopter showed up with a C5 Corvette and a Porsche 911 and I was a little surprised that he wouldn't worry about his reputation. But then the next one showed up with a Harley.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 09-21-2012 at 11:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal