SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
I think I take the cake on this one. My 991 S Cab was a bonus from my boss. I'm in the trucking industry and things haven't been exactly peachy when the economy turned south. My boss (the owner of his family business) and a Porschaphile challenged me with a goal and if I hit it, he'd buy me any Porsche I want. That was in 2009 and I hit it this year.

Now I have a beautiful car in my garage and feel like I have to hide it from my co-workers. Problem is my boss is so proud of the achievement, he's telling everybody. In a strange way, I'm not enjoying it as much as I should / could be. Almost as if the chase was better than the catch.

But don't worry, I'm not giving it back....!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by I'mAllIn
I think I take the cake on this one. My 991 S Cab was a bonus from my boss. I'm in the trucking industry and things haven't been exactly peachy when the economy turned south. My boss (the owner of his family business) and a Porschaphile challenged me with a goal and if I hit it, he'd buy me any Porsche I want. That was in 2009 and I hit it this year.

Now I have a beautiful car in my garage and feel like I have to hide it from my co-workers. Problem is my boss is so proud of the achievement, he's telling everybody. In a strange way, I'm not enjoying it as much as I should / could be. Almost as if the chase was better than the catch.

Congratulations, that's a great bonus!!!!!

ChuckJ

Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of

That is awesome. With the amount of customizing, I am pretty sure you could have jacked that 991 bill over $500,000. Someone should try this on the configurator.

M

Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
No Patience

Originally Posted by 998M
That is awesome. With the amount of customizing, I am pretty sure you could have jacked that 991 bill over $500,000. Someone should try this on the configurator.

M
I really wanted a Turbo, but going with a 997 was not an option. I got a Cab S to $162,xxx and that's what I was going for. Problem is, after test-driving one to make sure I wanted PDK, there was no way I was going to wait 3-5 months for a car.

Hennessy had a nicely equipped car with the right colors, so I went for it. As the sales rep so rightly said, I can now spend my time enjoying the car ILO stressing over colors & options .

Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Tell them ( your co-workers) that you leased the car. Nice bonus!!! Congrats

Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Dangerois is infamous around these partsDangerois is infamous around these parts
s and fester,

sorry about the pic quality, will send over higher res shortly

Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !

That's just so nice!! I'm sure it's well deserved so congrats!!

I hope your boss doesn't treat it as company asset

Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dangerois
s and fester,

Nice, we want more
Do you know if your wheels are more 'flush' than other OEMs without spacers?

Old 09-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dangerois
s and fester,

Very classy looking on white!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Post Great Journal!

Thank you for such an informative and detailed post surrounding your, other Baby. I have spent an hour reading and it has been a great travel thru one man's journey. The pic's and video's are great, and has kept me glued to the channel.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thanks!

Here are a few pics I just received from the week end I spent at Road Atlanta earlier this month. Somehow, the red rims with the 'clean' (meaning no stripes or decals) white car may seem a little weird, but I still like them and they give the car a slightly more aggressive look for the track

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8046078458/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8046078164/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8046073027/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8046078982/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8049099663/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8048017985/

Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Never thought I'd say this, but those wheels look awesome in motion. Red, Black and white. A classis. Enjoy.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
That last pic looks great !

Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the "Clean" look with the Red Wheels. Looks AWESOME!!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Fantastic. Will you be at C&O Sunday?
Thanks (to you all).
Yes I'll be at C&O on Sunday - do not know yet if I'll be wearing the red, black or OEM wheels
I'll also be at AMP for an Audi DE event the following week end.
See you there maybe!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal