SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
PSE & PDLS

Saw a couple of forum members interested in getting a better feel for how PSE sounds and how PDLS works. Last time I was on the Tail of the Dragon I happened to shoot a couple of videos and I found these 2 that could help:

PSE:

PDLS:

Sorry for the crappy sound in the PDLS vid'.

I usually also buy a couple of pics from Killboy, 129slayer, MoonshinePhotos or US129photos. I had the car back in 'stock look' a few weeks ago. It's got track numbers (for next week end), black wheels and 'Carrera S' at the rear back on this week

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8037755316/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8037752553/

Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
By far the most enjoyable and honest thread for 991, 6speed and rennlist combined. Thumbs Up to OP

Where is the thumbs up icon

Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Question

Originally Posted by SM_ATL
PSE & PDLS

Saw a couple of forum members interested in getting a better feel for how PSE sounds and how PDLS works. Last time I was on the Tail of the Dragon I happened to shoot a couple of videos and I found these 2 that could help:

PSE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaCLHess6lw&hd=1

PDLS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4dqouJ2K8&hd=1

Sorry for the crappy sound in the PDLS vid'.

I usually also buy a couple of pics from Killboy, 129slayer, MoonshinePhotos or US129photos. I had the car back in 'stock look' a few weeks ago. It's got track numbers (for next week end), black wheels and 'Carrera S' at the rear back on this week

Awesome video, i have been trying to plan a trip to Tail of the dragon and i think i will get there this weekend. Any recommendations on the best stretches?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by braindoc1
Awesome video, i have been trying to plan a trip to Tail of the dragon and i think i will get there this weekend. Any recommendations on the best stretches?
The whole trip from Dahlonega, GA to Knoxville, TN staying on US129 is a great ride (3 and a half hours). The Tail of the dragon itself is just the climax of the whole trip. With 11 miles only (and 318 curves), there are no best stretches... and no way to do a U turn Add one more hour to your schedule so that you can do the Tail twice (in each direction).
There must be a bunch of nice itineraries through the Appalachians, but I mostly stick to US129 as I often go from Atlanta to East TN and since it is a great way to mix business with pleasure!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Temptation...

Suncoast just made this new Tequipment part available: Carrera (or Carrera S) CF door sills. They look great IMO and would perfectly complement my CF seats, trim and console
Now a sensible person would tell me: "really? door sills? only you see them and only 15 seconds a day...". I'll try to be a good boy and listen to my conscience

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8069330159/

Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
The whole trip from Dahlonega, GA to Knoxville, TN staying on US129 is a great ride (3 and a half hours). The Tail of the dragon itself is just the climax of the whole trip. With 11 miles only (and 318 curves), there are no best stretches... and no way to do a U turn Add one more hour to your schedule so that you can do the Tail twice (in each direction).
There must be a bunch of nice itineraries through the Appalachians, but I mostly stick to US129 as I often go from Atlanta to East TN and since it is a great way to mix business with pleasure!
Awesome...thanks for the input. I will be in brevard this weekend and will probably enter as an off shoot of the moonshiner 28.

BTW...go for the CF door trim...looks great!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 AM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Yip - I second that, mine are awesome - do it! you know you'll regret it if you don't...........

Cheers,

Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by The Big Easy
Yip - I second that, mine are awesome - do it! you know you'll regret it if you don't...........

Cheers,
Oh man, why did you have to tell me that ?
If you already have CF trim on your door sills, do they get easily scratched? No one is really stepping on a 911 door sill to get into the car (except my 2 year old), but maybe it gets easily scuffed by 'accidental' contact...

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Those are pretty sweet,....I ordered the standard CF interior package and these would match nicely,....tempting to say the least.

Form the looks, they are the "outside" sills and not the inside plastic ones. The inside ones usually take most of the brunt of the scuffs as you have to lift you foot over them. They might still get a light brush here or there though,...individual choice here.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Those are pretty sweet,....I ordered the standard CF interior package and these would match nicely,....tempting to say the least.

Form the looks, they are the "outside" sills and not the inside plastic ones. The inside ones usually take most of the brunt of the scuffs as you have to lift you foot over them. They might still get a light brush here or there though,...individual choice here.
Door sills on order. Damn, why am I so weak

Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
SM_ATL,

I have found your next upgrade.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...-p-157315.html

Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Love this thread! I have the new Suncoast Porsche OEM CF door sills, as well as the MACarbon interior door sills...looks great together. Matches my CF interior perfectly...here is an iPhone picture.

Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by JCBH
Love this thread! I have the new Suncoast Porsche OEM CF door sills, as well as the MACarbon interior door sills...looks great together. Matches my CF interior perfectly...here is an iPhone picture.
The MACarbon interior door sills are superb, you made an excellent choice!
I think I'll take a closer look at MACarbon parts I was afraid they would not match the OEM CF trim but they seem to look exactly the same!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by 998M
SM_ATL,

I have found your next upgrade.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...-p-157315.html
LOL. The carbon ceramic Brembo's look great ... but at $28k I can got through a lot of pads and rotors with my current 15" BBK.
I'd rather save this kind of money for a dedicated track car... maybe next year?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Wheel stud conversion kit

Just installed the wheel stud conversion kit I bought from Rennline. This is going to make wheels swaps a lot easier, especially on track days. My only gripe is about the silver color of the studs but I'll give up a little bit in aesthetics for a bunch more in practicality!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8078566884/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/8078575741/

Last edited by SM_ATL; 10-11-2012 at 07:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal