SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Bet your dealer has you on speed dial. Send me a PM when you put up some of your barely used GT3 parts for sale. Thanks.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Here will be a quick answer to all the previous posts !

I intend to keep this one for "a while" by my standards (I can see someone smiling here! No, all of you! Damn, I have ZERO credibility). I am not Turbo guy and the GT3 won't be here until next year I think... and I would have to drive it again and again to be sure I made the right choice. So, no hurry at all.

I am probably not going to invest much in mods on this one (it is already well equipped. Maybe something for the front brakes or a center radiator...). Considering the amount of time I tend to keep cars, I went for a lease this time.

A number of you have lost track of what I have done with my cars over the last 2 years: here's a recap!

-Got a 'Family' car for the wife so I did not need a 4-seater anymore. I had just completed my 400+hp Audi S4 project, so it was time to move into a...

-2012 White Cayman R: most nimble car I ever drove and looked great but missed power and was, imho, really short on low end torque. I lost my clutch after 6 months and brought it to the dealership the day they had received the new 911's and were going to have the launch party. How in the world can you resist the 991??? So I got myself a...

-2012 White Carrera S: Loved the car (just read this thread ). As I spent more time on the track, thought I would have a dedicated track car and i eventually bought a...

-2003 Grey Carrera: Turned it into a dedicated track car. Had a lot of fun with the modification project itself and the car is now very fun to drive and looks great too. I am still considering to sell it though. Not really sure I need a dedicated car to go to the track about once a month, and to be honest, ended up a bit frustrated to see the GT3 and the 991 go much faster around the track (with the same driver of course. With more expertise, the 996 could get closer to the other 2, and I know that the track is about fun before speed itself). That's where I was when the dealership called me to ask if I knew someone who would like a GT3. You bet I knew someone, and that's how I bought the...

-2007 White GT3: Someone in the forum wrote that driving it is like taking a supermodel on a date-even if you have a beautiful wife- . I found it to be true and had tons of fun driving it like I stole it. When I got back to my daily routine, that includes long road trips, the car became already a little less attractive (like when you see the supermodel in the morning without her makeup). Then there was the power steering failure in the middle of a big storm, at 10pm and with 300 miles to drive home (that's where you find out that the supermodel used to be a guy before surgery). Driving without power steering is no huge deal, but the trust was broken I brought the GT3 to the dealership and thought about the next step. In fairness to them, the dealership was not pushing me to do anything but get the car fixed. But she did...

-2013 Guards Red Carrera S: she looked gorgeous in red with the aerokit cup, had PDCC and a few options I missed on my white 991. It was like falling in love again with the 991.

I'll share more feedback -and pics- about the new 991 soon and will simply continue to use this same thread (Maybe I should change it to '2013 Carrera S...').

Thanks for your understanding and for not giving my name to the nearest psychiatric institution

Last edited by SM_ATL; 02-02-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 AM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
Worst................planner....................ev er!

(haha - just kidding, must be fun being able to experience so many varieties. I enjoy living through your experiences...thanks for the updates)

Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that is some story!! Love the model analogy

Keep your exploits coming!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thread title change???

Quick stupid question (tried the FAQ's and a forum search with no success): How can I change the title of a thread? Just looking at removing the '2012' from the title of this Carrera S journal... due to some recent purchase

Thx for your help!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by opnielsen
Hey Sid, no need for Serge to wait for the GT3 to come out, he will get it anyway Question is how many P cars between now and when the GT3 is at the dealer in November?
Ain't that the truth!

Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Thread title change???

Quick stupid question (tried the FAQ's and a forum search with no success): How can I change the title of a thread? Just looking at removing the '2012' from the title of this Carrera S journal... due to some recent purchase

Thx for your help!
Hey "wild man" Serge!
Hit Admin "GT3 Chuck" up re; thread title change, he should be able to help.

Re 997 GT3, I did tell ya this super model is not made for walks in the park,errants or crappy roads... she's the ultimate sex on wheels and will remind you of this in no uncertain ways!

Hey but at least it's a reason to change again... and this one (991) is more like a swimsuit model... she a tall slim but with curves in all the right places and a bit of an exhibitionist but doesn't take herself too seriously and the best thing is she a stunner in a Valentino gown at a black tie event or at a Victory Secrets runway show but still looks damn hot while doing the groceries, making breakfast or doing cartwheels on the beach...
She may not be "the best" at any but a she'll be lot better than a "super" model who really is only good at one thing...
This one younger, fresher more flexible version will surprise and defy most whom look upon her in disbelieve.
She's a beauty whom will make you feel, look and be good without even trying...

The only thing I would suggest... get her a X-51 powerkit, she'll thank you for it.

Welcome back buddy!

Attached Images   
Old 02-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks Sid! Your animated gif's are a very valuable addition to this thread!!! Keep 'em coming! Having a lot of fun with the swimsuit model today

Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thanks Sid! Your animated gif's are a very valuable addition to this thread!!! Keep 'em coming! Having a lot of fun with the swimsuit model today
My pleasure!
Keeps me from doing things like this...

Oooooh fun in the sun heheheh!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Boxy is infamous around these parts
Glad to know that you are back into a 991 again.. I am sure you would find more pleasure with the PDCC in place! Congrats!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
she's a beauty! Nice choice and glad you are back. It also helps affirm to the rest of us who embarked on the early 991 wagon after switching a few cars around that we aren't completely crazy. It's just that good.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
SM, I can entirely understand your reasons for the change of cars and congratulations on the new 991 which I am sure looks stupendous. I love the analogy of the supermodel.

I would be interested to read about your impression of pdcc on and off the track.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:25 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about

I intend to keep this one for "a while" by my standards (I can see someone smiling here! No, all of you! Damn, I have ZERO credibility). I am not Turbo guy and the GT3 won't be here until next year I think... and I would have to drive it again and again to be sure I made the right choice. So, no hurry at all.

I am probably not going to invest much in mods on this one (it is already well equipped. Maybe something for the front brakes or a center radiator...). Considering the amount of time I tend to keep cars, I went for a lease this time.

A number of you have lost track of what I have done with my cars over the last 2 years: here's a recap!

-Got a 'Family' car for the wife so I did not need a 4-seater anymore. I had just completed my 400+hp Audi S4 project, so it was time to move into a...

-2012 White Cayman R: most nimble car I ever drove and looked great but missed power and was, imho, really short on low end torque. I lost my clutch after 6 months and brought it to the dealership the day they had received the new 911's and were going to have the launch party. How in the world can you resist the 991??? So I got myself a...

-2012 White Carrera S: Loved the car (just read this thread ). As I spent more time on the track, thought I would have a dedicated track car and i eventually bought a...

-2003 Grey Carrera: Turned it into a dedicated track car. Had a lot of fun with the modification project itself and the car is now very fun to drive and looks great too. I am still considering to sell it though. Not really sure I need a dedicated car to go to the track about once a month, and to be honest, ended up a bit frustrated to see the GT3 and the 991 go much faster around the track (with the same driver of course. With more expertise, the 996 could get closer to the other 2, and I know that the track is about fun before speed itself). That's where I was when the dealership called me to ask if I knew someone who would like a GT3. You bet I knew someone, and that's how I bought the...

-2007 White GT3: Someone in the forum wrote that driving it is like taking a supermodel on a date-even if you have a beautiful wife- . I found it to be true and had tons of fun driving it like I stole it. When I got back to my daily routine, that includes long road trips, the car became already a little less attractive (like when you see the supermodel in the morning without her makeup). Then there was the power steering failure in the middle of a big storm, at 10pm and with 300 miles to drive home (that's where you find out that the supermodel used to be a guy before surgery). Driving without power steering is no huge deal, but the trust was broken I brought the GT3 to the dealership and thought about the next step. In fairness to them, the dealership was not pushing me to do anything but get the car fixed. But she did...

-2013 Guards Red Carrera S: she looked gorgeous in red with the aerokit cup, had PDCC and a few options I missed on my white 991. It was like falling in love again with the 991.

I'll share more feedback -and pics- about the new 991 soon and will simply continue to use this same thread (Maybe I should change it to '2013 Carrera S...').

Thanks for your understanding and for not giving my name to the nearest psychiatric institution
I , for one, will definitely not report you, I'm trying to figure out a way to erect a shrine in the name of you and your thread as something I can worship and aspire to when I grow up!

Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the catch up! I have to say your projects are fun to watch and you are da man. Look forward to seeing what you do to this beauty.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Love the story Serge!!! Keep it going, but don't knock the turbo 991 until you try it because we want to hear about it..... and the GT when it comes out. BTW did you read the Ruf turbo article..3 seconds to 60!!

But you only live life once, so enjoy it.

ChuckJ

Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Boxy
Glad to know that you are back into a 991 again.. I am sure you would find more pleasure with the PDCC in place! Congrats!
Thx Roy! Do you still have those headers BTW? Just kidding

PDCC makes a BIG difference in fact...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal