SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by opnielsen
Awesome pics Serge! Here is my contribution towards 100K views.
Thanks. There's one nice black 991 missing on those pics... We'll fix that at Barber soon enough

Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
Serge, AWESOME!! You really can see how PDCC keeps the car flat in that corner, and knowing you, you are no doubt pushing the car HARD.

How is your friend mounting his GoPro Camera? It looks like it's mounted to the tow hook. If so, just curious how it works. I have the standard suction cup mount.
Thanks!
You can buy the GoPro mount as an accessory from Rennline for their tow hook. Works real well and not expensive.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:04 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
wow amazing pics and info, thanks Those red wheels POP wow

Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 PM
allans is infamous around these parts
Serge, I'm signed up for R/A 3/9 and 3/10 (NASA) and 3/18 (Chin). Hope to see you and Ole there. If you guy/s are going to be there, I'll bring the 991, otherwise, the 4.0. Hope to see you soon. Allan

Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allans
Serge, I'm signed up for R/A 3/9 and 3/10 (NASA) and 3/18 (Chin). Hope to see you and Ole there. If you guy/s are going to be there, I'll bring the 991, otherwise, the 4.0. Hope to see you soon. Allan
Allan, I will be at RA 3/18 but I don't think Serge is going to make it. We will both be at Barber 3/23-24 with Rezoom, come join us if you can. I will also sign up for RA 5/3-4 with Chin.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
fantastic action shots! thanks for posting, great thread!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
subscribed. Thanks for the super sweet deals on the 997 parts Serge! +1

Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM
allans is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by opnielsen
Allan, I will be at RA 3/18 but I don't think Serge is going to make it. We will both be at Barber 3/23-24 with Rezoom, come join us if you can. I will also sign up for RA 5/3-4 with Chin.
Ole, Thanks. See you on the 18th and 5/3-4. Allan

Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by allans
Ole, Thanks. See you on the 18th and 5/3-4. Allan
Would have loved to be there but already 'committed' (or, to be perfectly honest, I have already scheduled 3 days at VIR 2 weeks later and it is as much as my spouse & kids can tolerate in a month ). Let's try to catch up one of these days!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Back from the track - 2nd DE @ Road Atlanta with the new 991S

I spent the week end at an HPDE organized by the BMW CCA. They do it twice a year at Road Atlanta and it is always a nice event with a very friendly crowd.
The (slight) frustration is that there were only a very few really fast cars. In fact in all of the sessions, the 991S (3 in attendance: 1 in group C, 2 in group B) were typically among the fastest, if not the fastest, cars.

I have edited a video (5min, a little long sorry), with a few laps in my 991S in company of a prepped 997.1 GT3. The main conclusion is that both cars go around the track at about the same pace (maybe slight advantage in the straights to the 991S and to the GT3 is some turns)... and that this pace is superior to the average pace of the other cars around the track. You can judge by yourself:

Based on this, and my previous experience with my own GT3, I feel comfortable saying that a 991S = 997 GT3 from a track performance standpoint (driving 'experience' on the track and on the street may be way different though due to the very different car personalities).

Now this is all cool and nice and you can still believe you are the best and fastest driver with a 991S... but you already know what has been launched this week and will take the first place on the podium -OK, DE's are certainly no races and there is no podium-:

THE AMAZING 991 GT3!!!

...and the h*ck with purists and snobs saying that Porsche is losing its soul with PDK and other technical progress. The new GT3 is beautiful, has great specs and technology and is going to set new standards. Period. Embrace the change or move to Jurassic Park

Attached Images   

Last edited by SM_ATL; 03-06-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I had to go back 20 pages to figure out what was going on. GT3 next year I guess? Grats!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Enilder
I had to go back 20 pages to figure out what was going on. GT3 next year I guess? Grats!
VERY tempting, but no purchase without some time behind the wheel first. My GT3 was too harsh for my extensive daily driving and my 991S is incredibly civilized on the road while performing well at the track. The 991 GT3 will be fantastic at the track, but i would need to understand what it means to make it your daily driver...

Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
S, fantastic video! impressive driving/video/movie editing. love the sound track too. i'm proud to hear that the 991s can hold its own compared to the 997 gt3. (course yours has the x51 right?) it's all academic once the 991 gt3 gets out there. that thing is a beast, and you are right, no matter what the purists think about the pdk only version, that thing is going to blow the doors off the previous gt3 numbers, rack up rave reviews from credible sources, and build up its following exponentially. with or without the gt3 mt faithful. and this is coming from a self-proclaimed mt guy!

porsche is claiming that the new gt3 will be a better dd than previous iterations...don't give up that possibility just yet, we're counting on you!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
+1 and awesome vid.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Serge....You keep raising the bar for yourself w/the videos!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal