SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Nice pics! Car looking sharp!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Serge, those are GREAT photos! You must be "Living The Dream!" As always, thanks for sharing.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Yes!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
As always, awesome pics. When is the next video?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:10 AM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
You're making the wait even harder! Great pictures and way to get it on!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
All I can say is "wow"!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thanks guys, you are all too kind
My humble hope is that these pics inspire people who claim that the 991 is too smooth and sophisticated and that it kills the fun compared to previous generations. It can be just as much fun, you just need to push it further and faster. Track fun is surely not about speed only but it comes as a bonus with this car.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Precision Auto
I appreciate your input on ClearPlex. If installed properly, you should not have halos or bubbles. These have been installed with no issues on Cup Cars. I did notice that your install picture shows the film fairly "dry." The install is usually "drenched" beneath the film and on its surface with slip solution.

I'd be happy to work with you on a replacement film. However, I don't have a nearby installer. You can contact me directly. You can consult with Seapar and Trakcar on the forum as they are longtime users of ClearPlex.

Let me know how I can help.

Gus
Thanks a lot for your follow up Gus. I was traveling last week too and did not have the opportunity to contact you. The 'dry' pic you see in my post was before the install and we used a fair amount of slip solution. Maybe too much in fact It could be, as you mentioned, that some soapy water stayed stuck under the film...
I can work on another install with my local shop (the guy is the most meticulous and patient person I have ever met). From what I have read dhill911 has done a fabulous job just by himself... and looking at his garage pics, he is probably just as meticulous and precise as my friend!
I'll PM you shortly!

Serge

Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 PM
hlee1169 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Thanks guys, you are all too kind
My humble hope is that these pics inspire people who claim that the 991 is too smooth and sophisticated and that it kills the fun compared to previous generations. It can be just as much fun, you just need to push it further and faster. Track fun is surely not about speed only but it comes as a bonus with this car.
Hear, hear!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
No hate or bashing here, but how comes so many 'Vettes are spinning out on the track From my short experience, it is the car I have seen getting in trouble the most. Too much power vs what the chassis can handle? Too many novice drivers jumping into an affordable high power sportscar that requires more experience to be tamed?
I have not driven one yet. I should test-drive one to understand.

Here's a short video clip from last week end at Barber. The first session was really wet and the Corvette driver clearly slammed the brakes at the wrong place. Luckily, he, and the car, were perfectly fine.

I called the video clip the 'usual suspect' hope it will not get me negative rep from Vette fans

Old 03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I think the last video you posted had a vette spin out as well.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
It looks like he was driving on the dry race line. At the apex of the dry line, it is usually very slippery. In the wet, usually more grip off the race line.

Marc

Old 03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
And some Vette drivers can be very distracting....

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by opnielsen
And some Vette drivers can be very distracting....
There's a 'vette in that picture?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Many vettes have Goodyear Eagle tires which are very bad on wet (and moderately bad on dry) pavement. But my biggest complaint about the C6 was that the torque was too strong across the RPM spectrum. If I remember it correctly the curve goes straight up at below 2000 to the max, then straight across to near the red line, then almost vertically down. While that may seem like the perfect situation, it is not fun to drive because you are constantly having to manage the torque to avoid wheel slip especially around curves.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal