SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:06 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chuckbdc

Uh oh.. hope you provided the, uhm, right accessories.
The car's got new good rubbers. OMG, what did I just say???

Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
The car's got new good rubbers. OMG, what did I just say???
Dudley Moore explained this all in the 1990 movie "Crazy People":

"Jaguar: For men who want hand-jobs from beautiful women they hardly know."

"Porsche: It's a little too small to get laid in, but you get laid the minute you get out of it...!"

Re the Cayman, the reviews have been phenomenal. Panorama says it's the best Porsche hands down and Excellence says it's not only the best Porsche but the best (non-hyper exotic) sports car on the market period. I'd never give up my Carrera for it, but still excited for a test drive (almost as excited as a 991 GT3 drive when they are released).

Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Back from a rainy day at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

I like her even better when she's dirty:

Oops, not the right picture...

Love it!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Ciudado, Piso Mojado at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Track day under the rain, quick video edit with 2 laps. Sorry , only one camera (to much rain to put anything outside the car). As far as the soundtrack is concerned, I am stuck in the eighties, so you'll have to deal with it

http://youtu.be/K98qObbB2B8
Thanks for sharing, great video! Haven't heard 'the cult' in a long time - awesome!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:57 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
What did I just do

Just handed the keys of the 991 to my 17 year old for his first prom night

I'll get a few Xanax to stay relaxed tonight....

The boy is back. Both him and the car are in good shape and sunny side up.

I am going to bed now

Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Lucky kid

What did I just do

Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 AM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Nice job, Serge, congrats and I hope he enjoyed his special evening!

Based on the times we live in today and the neighborhood you live in; I just hope some punk in an Aston Martin doesn't door ding him at the prom prom parking lot.

What did I just do

Old 04-21-2013, 06:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
That's one lucky 17 year old!

ChuckJ

Old 04-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by advantyper
Lucky kid
Originally Posted by StPatsDay
Nice job, Serge, congrats and I hope he enjoyed his special evening!

Based on the times we live in today and the neighborhood you live in; I just hope some punk in an Aston Martin doesn't door ding him at the prom prom parking lot.
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
That's one lucky 17 year old!

ChuckJ
Lucky, but for one night only
As for the neighborhood, it looks good because it has been built over the last 6 months. Neighbors cars are far from impressive though. My track buddies live in the subdivision across the street and, with maybe the exception of an SLS, their 991's are also nicest cars of the 'hood.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
My 17yo daughter has only had one lesson on the 991, never before driven a MT, and I don't think I would have had the intestinal fortitude to give her the 991 regardless!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Bye bye 996 project car

Sold my 996 DE car to a nice pair of gentlemen from PA yesterday morning (father and son, Porsche-philes and track rats). I hope they'll have a great time with the car!

I enjoyed the project -and driving the 996- but eventually found out that with a few upgrades to my 991S (roll bar, bucket seats and harnesses, big brakes), the car's dual personality is great enough to use it at the same time as a DD and a very effective tack day car. Since I ended up driving the 991 all the time, it did not make a lot of sense to keep the 996...

Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
You could given it to your son as a graduation present!!!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad your car, and its more important cargo are home safe and sound. It is interesting that you came to that conclusion about the 996 track car. I have not been hit hard by the DE bug. But, if it becomes a bigger thing,I was considering doing exactly what you did - before you sold it. I likely would not have put nearly as much into the 996 and it would not get drive except track days. Any concern about putting your 100k+ street machine out there on the track all of the time. I know most people are careful. But stuff happens.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
You could given it to your son as a graduation present!!!
The 'spoiled kid' already drives an APR Stage 2+ GTI (with Coilovers, BBK and a couple of suspension upgrades).

I built that car for myself 2 years ago when I thought I would not daily drive my P-car and wanted something a bit less conspicuous for visiting customers etc.
I ended up driving the Porsche(s) everyday -there is no substitute- and there was no sense to buy a car for my son when he started driving (plus I wanted him to start with a manual transmission). The GTI is a fun car and with close to 300hp, it is stupid quick. I still enjoy driving it.

Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by AG991
I am glad your car, and its more important cargo are home safe and sound. It is interesting that you came to that conclusion about the 996 track car. I have not been hit hard by the DE bug. But, if it becomes a bigger thing,I was considering doing exactly what you did - before you sold it. I likely would not have put nearly as much into the 996 and it would not get drive except track days. Any concern about putting your 100k+ street machine out there on the track all of the time. I know most people are careful. But stuff happens.
i hear you. Most people say that if you track your car, you must be ready to wreck it... Not sure it is my case though
In my short experience, I have never been to a DE where there was not at least one car badly damaged (but no injuries so far, although I am aware of a few scary stories). I hate to say it, but most times it happens to domestic muscle cars with unexperienced drivers or guys who you can tell, before they even get on the track, that they'll be subject to 'red mist'...
Still, something can always happen: you may get a little too confident, an oil spill on the track, an issue with a tire... or simply somebody else hitting you.
That's what track insurances are for. They're expensive, but from my 996 project experience, no more than owning a dedicating DE car.

Finally, the 991 is such a blast on the track that once you experienced it, you want to go back as soon as you can

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal