SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Great video - thanks for sharing!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom 991s
I now have the 15" Brembo BBK for the fronts on order...not sure if I need the rears also (?). Planning on running Pagid RS29 on the BBK in the front and on the stock brakes in the rear. Let's see if that makes an improvement.
You may actually be just fine with doing only the front BBK and running Pagid's + stainless steel line with the stock brakes at the rear. I got the 15" BBK for the rear (to play it safe ), and rotors are still like new (while a few micro-cracks have appeared at the front, nothing unusual) and pads last easily 3 to 4 times longer than front pads (again, nothing really surprising). I ran for a couple of months with only the front BBK last year -the rear BBK was not available yet in the US- and the car did OK.

Enjoy your next track event even if you have to go easy on the brakes!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:43 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Centre Radiator install

Freed Performance installed the centre radiator on the 991 today and made custom grilles at the same time. I have not seen the car myself but received a few pictures today. Could not resist and had to share them

Before:

In progress...

After:

More to follow soon...

Attached Images     
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
You may actually be just fine with doing only the front BBK and running Pagid's + stainless steel line with the stock brakes at the rear. I got the 15" BBK for the rear (to play it safe ), and rotors are still like new (while a few micro-cracks have appeared at the front, nothing unusual) and pads last easily 3 to 4 times longer than front pads (again, nothing really surprising). I ran for a couple of months with only the front BBK last year -the rear BBK was not available yet in the US- and the car did OK.

I can confirm that in fact the RS29s are out. Mine will be here next week.

Centre rad will be a great addition for the summer months down south. Congrats.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Tom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really nice
Awesome - thanks!

BTW - has anyone tried fitting the 265/35-19 R888's in the front? Will they fit in the wheel housing?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Awesome - thanks!

BTW - has anyone tried fitting the 265/35-19 R888's in the front? Will they fit in the wheel housing?
We ran the Pirelli Trofeo 265 35 19 and 325 30 19 on our 991S with no issues.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Tom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really nice
Eric - thanks! Somehow I thought you ran 255's instead of 265's ... what size wheels and offset did you use?

Originally Posted by SupremePower

Old 05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Looking good Serge!!! I like the center radiator...

Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Forgot to ask, where did you get the center radiator from? I havent looked at Suncoast yet but will go take a look.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by ae911
Forgot to ask, where did you get the center radiator from? I havent looked at Suncoast yet but will go take a look.
Thanks, Got it from Suncoast indeed

Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Eric - thanks! Somehow I thought you ran 255's instead of 265's ... what size wheels and offset did you use?
I had another tire size on but it was the wrong OD. Changed out to the right spec and the car feels fantastic!

Not trying to threadjack here but here are the specs and a couple pics.

This set is for sale incidentally....

BBS Motorsport E88
Silver Painted Centers
Clear Anodized Lips - look silver
Matte Black Anodized Inner Barrels

19 x 9.5 et43.5
19 x 11.5 et57

Pirelli Trofeo
265 35 19
325 30 19

Attached Images      
Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Centre Radiator install

Freed Performance installed the centre radiator on the 991 today and made custom grilles at the same time. I have not seen the car myself but received a few pictures today. Could not resist and had to share them

Before:

In progress...

After:

More to follow soon...
LOVE the grilles you had made...looks so great. Congrats!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
That's great to know!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JCBH
LOVE the grilles you had made...looks so great. Congrats!
YES!!! It looks fantastic! I think I need that as well.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 AM
I had another tire size on but it was the wrong OD. Changed out to the right spec and the car feels fantastic!

Not trying to threadjack here but here are the specs and a couple pics.

This set is for sale incidentally....

BBS Motorsport E88
Silver Painted Centers
Clear Anodized Lips - look silver
Matte Black Anodized Inner Barrels

19 x 9.5 et43.5
19 x 11.5 et57

Pirelli Trofeo
265 35 19
325 30 19

What suspension or springs are you guys running with this set-up? Thanks!

Sorry for the thread-jack, Serge!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal