SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium

What suspension or springs are you guys running with this set-up? Thanks!

Sorry for the thread-jack, Serge!
No worries and thanks for the kind words. I am definitely interested in the answer too, no thread jack at all!

Old 05-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
No worries and thanks for the kind words. I am definitely interested in the answer too, no thread jack at all!
Thanks Serge!

I am running the H&R Sport Springs (which we have in stock)

Here are the alignment specs

Alignment Specs:

Camber
front -2.0
rear -1.9

Toe
front 1mm overall toe in
rear 1.75mm per side toe in

Also the alignment and the BBS + Trofeo tire set up completely changed the characteristics of the car. The steering wheel is much heavier and the car is so far more planted and a lot more fun to drive. Completely different animal.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Such a clean install - looks great. I'm sure it will be effective.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I'm jealous of the mesh grilles

Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thanks guys!
Will check if the radiator works fine pretty soon. I am on my way to VIR and temperature should be in the mid-80's Friday...

Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I'm jealous of the mesh grilles
Yeah, same here!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Tom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really niceTom 991s is just really nice
Eric - did your car have PDCC? Wondering if the wheels would fit around all the PDCC stuff...and if the camber settings would be appropriate. Did you try this setup on the track? Please PM me the pricing for the wheels...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Thanks Serge!

I am running the H&R Sport Springs (which we have in stock)

Here are the alignment specs

Alignment Specs:

Camber
front -2.0
rear -1.9

Toe
front 1mm overall toe in
rear 1.75mm per side toe in

Also the alignment and the BBS + Trofeo tire set up completely changed the characteristics of the car. The steering wheel is much heavier and the car is so far more planted and a lot more fun to drive. Completely different animal.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Centre Radiator install

Freed Performance installed the centre radiator on the 991 today and made custom grilles at the same time. I have not seen the car myself but received a few pictures today. Could not resist and had to share them

Before:

In progress...

After:

More to follow soon...
Nice Serge! How about if Freed performance made me some of those grills.... I'm serious. Can you estimate the weight of the center radiator including all plumbing?

Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom 991s
Eric - did your car have PDCC? Wondering if the wheels would fit around all the PDCC stuff...and if the camber settings would be appropriate. Did you try this setup on the track? Please PM me the pricing for the wheels...
Thanks!

I dont have the PDCC but the wheels will clear. BBI did the alignment for us and it is prper for aggressive street/track set up. I have not tracked my 991S tho.

Will shoot you a PM now on the wheels

Old 05-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by handfull
Nice Serge! How about if Freed performance made me some of those grills.... I'm serious. Can you estimate the weight of the center radiator including all plumbing?
I'll check as soon as I am back in town (early next week) and keep you posted!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:06 PM
New playmate in our sandbox...

No, not this one:

but this one:

They may have been on the street for a while, but it is the first time that I come across the new Ford Police Interceptor in my area:

Looks better than a Crown Vic. Should be faster too with the new "EcoBoost that kicks out an exhilarating 365hp" (quoting the official Ford 'Police Interceptor' mini-site ). Well, if LEO's are 'exhilarated' by the power of their cars, maybe they'll understand us better and let enjoy ours a bit more

And if they are going too fast, they got new big-@ss brakes too:

Looks like it would be a better contender for a bit of P-car chasing, but would still not stand a chance... until 10 more cop cars and a chopper show up

One thing is sure, it will be more difficult to spot a Taurus than a Crown Vic in the traffic...

Attached Images     

Last edited by SM_ATL; 05-15-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Double Facepalm today

OK, I am getting ready to leave for VIR, stuff is in the car, new centre radiator is working OK, new Fabspeed headers with sportcats are adding a bit of sound and throttle response, the sun is shining and ... Dang! CEL!

What can be wrong? Scanning for fault codes: NOx issue: could it be the sportcats MAF error: were my BMC filters too oily
Clearing the codes, restarting the car... same CEL. Car seems to choke a bit to at start up. While we start checking the intake, I notice THAT I DID NOT PROPERLY CLOSE THE OIL CAP

Well, that's a 'crankcase vacuum leak', is as old as the hills and it is exactly what it does...
Properly attached the oil cap. Cleared the codes one last time. On my way.
Sunroof open and windows down, Sport+ mode, PDK in manual and PSE ON.. Priceless (made me forgot how stupid I had been)

Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2013, 06:48 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Have a great weekend

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 05-20-2013, 01:41 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SupremePower
I had another tire size on but it was the wrong OD. Changed out to the right spec and the car feels fantastic!

Not trying to threadjack here but here are the specs and a couple pics.

This set is for sale incidentally....

BBS Motorsport E88
Silver Painted Centers
Clear Anodized Lips - look silver
Matte Black Anodized Inner Barrels

19 x 9.5 et43.5
19 x 11.5 et57

Pirelli Trofeo
265 35 19
325 30 19
I'm having an issue with my 19's. The arm in the rear is touching the inside of the wheel. It looks like I can add a little spacer (15mm) and get it to move to the wider area closer to the inside lip. Did you need to use spacers? How close is that arm to the inside of the rim? It appears to be only an inch away even on the stock 20's.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
You can see it's just barely touching. About 10mm in, then there is a lip behind it. Does it look like I should be fine with 15mm extra?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	244543  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal