Congrats to SpikeP on his fresh 991 delivered tonight!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to SpikeP on his fresh 991 delivered tonight!!

Can't wait to see the photos, SpikeP. Bring em on.

(I am living vicariously through you for another week. My ship is turning the horn of Florida as I write this - en route to Houston.)

Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 PM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
Eric, is your car on Nippon Highway?

My wife's Cayenne S was dropped of in Brunswick GA yesterday from this vessel, according to VesselTracker. What ship monitoring site are you using? VesselTracker often tells me that my chosen vessel is out of range?? It has been frustrating to get a bead on this vessel in the last week or so. My 991 was also supposed to be on the same ship, but the completion date was moved back three weeks.......now is showing 2/21 for completion. Arrgh this wait is tough. Hurry and post pics of your beauty to help me through the wait!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I am on the Nippon Highway. I saw the ship in Brunswick last night - it was in port for like 12 hours... congrats on her pepper.

I will post pics - tons of them, when mine arrives.

I'm using this website:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...date=lastknown

Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EricP
I am on the Nippon Highway.
You couldn't wait for your car to be delivered so you boarded the ship in Brunswick?

Seriously, though - did your dealer tell you which vessel your car was on?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sapster
You couldn't wait for your car to be delivered so you boarded the ship in Brunswick?

haha. I'm in Denver so I haven't boarded any ships lately

No, dealer didn't tell me. I figured it out. Another buddy is on the same vessel and our cars were built the same day. And based on my dealers ETA of dealership arrival it was pretty obvious I was on the NH.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EricP
haha. I'm in Denver so I haven't boarded any ships lately

No, dealer didn't tell me. I figured it out. Another buddy is on the same vessel and our cars were built the same day. And based on my dealers ETA of dealership arrival it was pretty obvious I was on the NH.
But how do you know which ships are transporting Porsches as opposed to, say, livestock or furniture?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 PM
The Nippon Highway is an auto transport vessel with a capacity of 5050 cars. I didn't do the figuring, though - I was just told by my buddy. Lord knows how he found out.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 AM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sapster

Yes my dealer told me the ship name.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 AM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Eric,
Thanks for the shout out! Just have one decent pic from dealership when I picked up the car. It was dark by the time I made it home. Will post more pics when the weather clears.

Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpikeP
Eric,
Thanks for the shout out! Just have one decent pic from dealership when I picked up the car. It was dark by the time I made it home. Will post more pics when the weather clears.
Nice color choice. I can't wait to see more pics when you can!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Congrats, Spike! Dark Blue is looking great...more pix!

Old 02-17-2012, 04:01 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
Just had the opportunity to see, ride in and drive SpikeP's new 991. Dark blue color is great. Exhaust seemed appropriately loud and better than my recent 2012 GTS. Fit and finish also seemed better than GTS. Overall very impressive.

Congrats and enjoy.

Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Contrats!!! The dark blue is lovely, I had a '71 I bought new.

ChuckJ

Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Thank you all for your kind words. Attached are a few more pics from today. Personally i really like the DBM. The color changes depending on the conditions and angles. Hopefully the attached pics will show this. Enjoy

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Congrats to SpikeP on his fresh 991 delivered tonight!!