Ahhh 997 GTS vs. 991 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mostlyjames
Thanks buckwheat986 and speed21. I will keep you guys posted on my decision! Hopefully I can get this GTS for a few years and get a 991 TT .
Pleasure.

It's always such an emotional time buying one of these special cars. Eitherway you will be happy even if reflecting on the deal later on brings remorse in a financial sense.

Best of luck.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
mostlyjames is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speed21
Agree the price for this car is applicable on todays market where the impact of the 991 has yet to be realised. However, take a snapshot one year from now and it will be a totally different story. The 991 purchased today even at list will be in far better shape financially . So, it comes down to whether op can swing the extra $. If he can't, and 96 is his ceiling then this car is a proposition if not an expensive one, in terms of relativity regarding what is in store in the not so distant future. As the saying goes... buy in haste...repent at your own leasure . The only saving grace to the excercise is the car is a great drive.....although that principle applies to pretty well all Porsches. I still maintain if 96 is "ceiling" then to overlook other used tt opportunities is a little crazy given the performance difference and all round cred.

OP best of luck. Great chatting.
How is the maintenance on a TT compared to a non turbo 997? This 911 will most likely be my daily driver, but I don't drive much. (less than 10 miles/day).

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
How is the maintenance on a TT compared to a non turbo 997? This 911 will most likely be my daily driver, but I don't drive much. (less than 10 miles/day).
Much the same. Turbo is a bit more economical. My previous car was a manual basaltblack/black 997C2S. Awsome car. Turbo is a different ball game altogether. Would i go back to an S after a Turbo? No. The brutal force of the turbo has ruined that unfortunately so its either turbo again or GT2 when 991 is out.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Much the same. Turbo is a bit more economical. My previous car was a manual basaltblack/black 997C2S. Awsome car. Turbo is a different ball game altogether. Would i go back to an S after a Turbo? No. The brutal force of the turbo has ruined that unfortunately so its either turbo again or GT2 when 991 is out.
I am with you Speed21... The turbo is IT!! Explosive power when you want it and.. when you need it... Had an M3 on my tail last night... all souped up. headlights up LeMans style " I am coming.. get out of my way". And then... he disappeared in my rear view mirror... was just a little speckle in say 4 seconds or so..

Old 02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hroussard
I am with you Speed21... The turbo is IT!! Explosive power when you want it and.. when you need it... Had an M3 on my tail last night... all souped up. headlights up LeMans style " I am coming.. get out of my way". And then... he disappeared in my rear view mirror... was just a little speckle in say 4 seconds or so..

Haha yes! You know i've had a few of those encounters myself. You get something pretty hot that comes up on you thinking they have a chance at putting you in your place and then you just swat them like a worthless fly....turning their daylight into pitch black. Turbo. Yep there is no substitute .

Old 02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
TT - I don't trust myself with that in my garage.

It's much like the time I finished building my deck a few years back. I woke up in the middle of the night and drove my circular saw to a local strip mall and threw it in the dumpster - and drove home and went back to bed. Scary to own.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by EricP
TT - I don't trust myself with that in my garage.

It's much like the time I finished building my deck a few years back. I woke up in the middle of the night and drove my circular saw to a local strip mall and threw it in the dumpster - and drove home and went back to bed. Scary to own.
Haha.. so true. Tuned and set up right only worsens the situation. The monster becomes brutal and loses all sense of respect for slower cars . Outside of a GTR there would be very few cars that could reign it in. Actually with the S life was grand...perfectly fine, until i met Mr Hyde. Damn it! I can only imagine how devastating the 991TT will be..!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i say order one to spec, how you want it and i'm sure it will be cheaper and you can even get a discount and then you get the exact car you want and at a amazing price.

a 110k sticker 991 with 5% back is 105~.... so much sicker than GTS and 10k less than one they have.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i say order one to spec, how you want it and i'm sure it will be cheaper and you can even get a discount and then you get the exact car you want and at a amazing price.

a 110k sticker 991 with 5% back is 105~.... so much sicker than GTS and 10k less than one they have.
Is it really possible to get a 5% discount on a 991?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:36 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Is it really possible to get a 5% discount on a 991?
Any dealership offering this today would be crazy! 'small' discounts are possible. Have not heard of 5% anywhere...

Old 02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi guys,

I found a brand new 2012 GTS 4 at a dealership that is a 100 miles away from my home. The MSRP is $124k but they're offering $106k. Is this a good deal? I feel like its a better deal than the 2011 GTS with 6000 miles for $96k.

In terms of service, could I get this serviced at my local dealership and get loaner cars for free?

Thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned
Hi guys,

I found a brand new 2012 GTS 4 at a dealership that is a 100 miles away from my home. The MSRP is $124k but they're offering $106k. Is this a good deal? I feel like its a better deal than the 2011 GTS with 6000 miles for $96k.

In terms of service, could I get this serviced at my local dealership and get loaner cars for free?

Thanks
It essentially still shares the same problem being a superceeded 7 year old platform yet is priced even closer to 991 at 114. But agree it's a better proposition than a used 2011 with 6000kms. The only benefit on the 2011 is it's 2wd so is a little lighter and a more connected drive....unless you have ice and snow to regularly contend with.....but at 96K i still maintain that car is overpriced now. If they want 96K just imagine what they'd offer you for that car if you drove it in today as a trade.That will give you a true picture of what it's true value is today....and more to the point where it's headed 6 to 12 months from now . Btw What color combo is the GTS4?

Last edited by speed21; 02-22-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:21 PM
It essentially still shares the same problem being a superceeded 7 year old platform yet is priced even closer to 991 at 114. But agree it's a better proposition than a used 2011 with 6000kms. The only benefit on the 2011 is it's 2wd so is a little lighter and a more connected drive....unless you have ice and snow to regularly contend with.....but at 96K i still maintain that car is overpriced now. If they want 96K just imagine what they'd offer you for that car if you drove it in today as a trade.That will give you a true picture of what it's true value is today....and more to the point where it's headed 6 to 12 months from now . Btw What color combo is the GTS4?
I mean... This was the price without any negotiations. How would you go about negotiating the price? The color combo is Dark Blue/Black Alcantara/Dark Blue Wheels. I would prefer the Black/Black, but this is okay too.

The lease numbers were like $50 cheaper for this new/more expensive car. Maybe the residual for a GTS 4 is better than GTS 2...

Old 02-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Banned
I mean... This was the price without any negotiations. How would you go about negotiating the price? The color combo is Dark Blue/Black Alcantara/Dark Blue Wheels. I would prefer the Black/Black, but this is okay too.
Black/black is the pick but Dark Blue is still very nice. The 2012 is in the right calender year too and is brand new. I assume it's a late 2011 build though although 2012 compliance is better than the 2011 which would be an 011/011. The financial institutions and insurers will recognise the cars vintage as the year of manufacture though. What was the GTS4's original list price? That may give an indicator of where you may be able to take it.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
The....insurers will recognise the cars vintage as the year of manufacture though.
That's not the case in the US. Insurers look at the 'model year' of the car, not the year of manufacture.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ahhh 997 GTS vs. 991 C2S