Has anyone heard the base stereo system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I had the Bose in my 2009 C2S and I now have the base (with HD) in my 991. The latter is much better than the former and in my opinion and I'm very satisfied with it.

ChuckJ

Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
Here is the upgrade of the sound system that I selected.

Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Dangerois is infamous around these partsDangerois is infamous around these parts
i have the base in my 991 and bose in my 2011 cayenne. There is a subtle difference when the stereo is turned up. Granted the bose in cayenne is most likely spec'ed differently than bose in the 991.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
I've got the Burmester, and I can say, as an audiophile, that it sounds fantastic. The base system in my previous car, a 2008 Cayman, was absolutely terrible. I ended up replacing the speakers, adding an amp, and changing the receiver. I only heard the Bose on a test drive, and it sounded good enough to please most people.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I really regret not getting the Burmester, I think it sounds way better than the Bose and base stereo. The question of whether to get the Bose over base depends on how loud you listen to music. I found the base to be mostly indistinguishable to the Bose until you turned it up quite loudly. Hope this helps.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have the base in my new 991 and it sounds just fine. As we get older our ears aren't like the were when we were 20. Most of the time when we drive in the 991 we never listen to the radio.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
The base system sounds great at low to mid volume levels, very crappy sound further than that.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
I'm on base stereo. Listen mostly to radio and news. I think it is decent compared to what i previously had in other cars such as BMW, Audi without premium stereo upgrades. It is not great but you wouldn't feel that you have a totally crappy system.

If you crank up the volume, the low freq need to be tuned down a bit. The base sound is over-amplified at high volume.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:09 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
It's fine I usually listen to the engine

Old 12-20-2012, 06:32 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by af330i
I ordered the base stereo in my car, has anyone heard it. I listen to 99% talk radio so great sounding music is not what I am into .... I do like to crank it once in a while.

Is the base system decent ?
If you get the base, don't forget to get the HD (comes with Bose and Burmester).

ChuckJ