Has anyone heard the base stereo system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Has anyone heard the base stereo system

I ordered the base stereo in my car, has anyone heard it. I listen to 99% talk radio so great sounding music is not what I am into .... I do like to crank it once in a while.

Is the base system decent ?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
stock system is 225watts, stock in cayenne is 100watts... your already getting extra 125watts because its PCM versus a CDR unit... will sound good by itself.. if your an audiophile, obviously go for more.. i can never tell the difference.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Watts are a deceptive figure to look at since you need a 10x increase to have double the output capabilities.

How bad can the stock be?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Talking

As my dealer told me, when i bought my first Porsche...well, it's a Porsche, even in the base car stereo.

So, don't worry, it'll sound good, believe me.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ that logic sure didnt apply to my 996. The factory stereo was worse than my factory 2000 jetta back in the day.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Really?
Think that my first Porsche was a BOXSTER S..!
Before i had a VOLVO with a super pumped stereo (Surround, amplifier,...), and i was concerned about that. But when i received my Boxster, i had to say, that my stereo was good enough. Really good.
Maybe market choices? wondering what.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Premium brand does not equal premium standard features. The base stereo in many premium german brands is utter ****. Can't comment on the Porsche base though.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Yes we have the BOSE in our new project 991 and its fantastic. Worth the upgrade!! If you are in So Cal feel free to stop by to check it out

Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 AM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
Base, Bose I dont know.
The bose is the same as in 997 etc. All about the same
But the new Burmeister is a big difference. Thats a good system. Is it worth 5000 ?2500 more than the bose. Only if you want a good stereo in your car
I would buy it

Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
I got the upgraded Bose when I ordered my C2S in 2005. What a waste. I listen to the car when I drive. The same CD has been in it for mths or yrs I think.....
J

Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
(Sorry for duplicate post but this is in case someone is searching the boards)

I just went to my dealer and heard the base system ... keep in mind reading this I drove there in my 08 911 with the Bose system.

All I can say is WOW I was really amazed on how good it sounded ... the bass boomed up high (not sure how else to explain it) and it cranked up very loud and clear and it blew away the Bose system in my car.

I actually checked the window sticker 3 times to make sure it didn't have the Bose in it ...

Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by af330i
(Sorry for duplicate post but this is in case someone is searching the boards)

I just went to my dealer and heard the base system ... keep in mind reading this I drove there in my 08 911 with the Bose system.

All I can say is WOW I was really amazed on how good it sounded ... the bass boomed up high (not sure how else to explain it) and it cranked up very loud and clear and it blew away the Bose system in my car.

I actually checked the window sticker 3 times to make sure it didn't have the Bose in it ...
And there's the HD option also for a relatively low price.

ChuckJ

Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 AM
GOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the rough
Hopefully the base unit is improved in the 991. My 2010 has the base unit and it's barely tolerable.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Red face Audiophiles...?

I have been unable to hear the, "Base" system or a Burmeister that comes in the 911, and was wondering if anyone was actually able to compare the Base vs the Bose or can comment on the Base?

On the Bose, has anyone felt that when the base hits, the door speakers, especially when my leg in leaning on the door while in the driving position, seem to be mounted in a flexible part of the door panel? In all of my stereo system's, it has been explained to me that the entire speaker must not move and should be mounted solidly to a solid area. I felt that the entire speaker assembly, was flexing as the base would hit, minimizing the sound that should be coming from the speaker. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, but has anyone experienced this?

I'm asking because, I hope the Burmeister is installed, "A Little differently..."

Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
I listened to the base first (actually just by chance) and was also surprised at how good it was. After that I knew it would be good enough for me and didn't even bother listening to the burmiester. I much prefer the sound of the PSE anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard the base stereo system