As promised - 991 arrival

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by arash
I love the "wet coffee grounds" brown. So lusciously deep and rich. Gorgeous car!

EDIT: The espresso is an optional extra $1500 aniline-dyed natural leather, no? If it's the same stuff they used for Carrera Red on my car (I think it cost exactly the same) then I'm sure you're loving it... It has such a sexy soft texture not found in the other leathers.
It has a cool oily lanolin soaked feel to it - a lot like when you oiled your ball glove as a kid. Yes, same leather as the Carrera Red option.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Congratulations!! Eric.
Love the espresso interior.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 PM
gelkad is infamous around these partsgelkad is infamous around these parts
Eric, Congratulations, Enjoy in a good Health, Man I am seriously thinking of trading my 2010 997.2 TT with a new 991....

Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Croctor is infamous around these parts
Envy is not a good thing!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
thanks all...

Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
I think (hope?) my order locked already this week. If it hasn't, this board has done it again and cost me the price of the espresso full leather. That interior is fantastic and I am seriously jealous.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sapster
I think (hope?) my order locked already this week. If it hasn't, this board has done it again and cost me the price of the espresso full leather. That interior is fantastic and I am seriously jealous.
It's costed me the PSE

Sap, when did you place your order and when is your expected delivery date? My dealership is giving me an April build date with a May delivery but I want to know if others are getting their Cab orders in sooner.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fixedupw203
It's costed me the PSE

Sap, when did you place your order and when is your expected delivery date? My dealership is giving me an April build date with a May delivery but I want to know if others are getting their Cab orders in sooner.
Expected late April, ordered in November I think. 1st cab allocation at my dealer.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:32 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Wow, I love it Eric!
Absolutely beautiful!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
mostlyjames is infamous around these parts
I'm not getting a 997 anymore. I will order a 991 with espresso leather... Great car EricP! Enjoy!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
That is the exact color combo and interior spec I would have gotten had I stayed with the 991 order. Just couldn't give up on my California.

Absolutely beautiful! Cant wait to see if externally the 991 4S is different, and have a tentative deposit on the first 991 Turbo allocation.

J

Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Now to the driving part you have to look forward to.

There are some newly built roads near to where I live that aren't always busy and the radars have not been installed yet. And some times you get a chance to floor it and go real fast especially when you are at the front of the stop light and a long open empty load is ahead of you.

Today I took off from a light and floored it all the way from 0-197km/hr in sport +. With the hard acceleration it didn't take long at all, and that speed was a piece of cake and I could have kept going, but I am a conservative driver

I noticed the gear changes in sport+ mode are very perceptible coz pdk works the car almost to the red line before shifting, you can almost feel the car briefly shudder at the time of shift. On the other hand in normal mode you can't feel the gear changes at all. Just sport mode is a good balance between the two. This car has a lot of capacity on reserve, too bad in urban conditions it is kept tame (at least most of the time )

I am wondering, do I need a turbo? No I don't, but I want it.

Last edited by aamersa; 02-24-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:41 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful!

As everyone else said, the espresso is gorgeous looking.

I am actually thinking of doing the espresso with silver seat belts as well. Good choice. It's a nice, subtle change.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Be honest.

Did you sleep well?
Are you at the dealership or on the way?

Very nice indeed.
GEICO piglet sounds here....Weeee weeeeeeeeeeeee weeee!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Ok the car arrived at the dealer today at 4pm and it's obviously filthy. I peeled back the plastic to take a few iPhone 4s pics - BUT tomorrow I will used my Canon D7000 to take some hi-res delivery pics.

But for now here you go.[/quote]
VERY CLASSY!!!!!

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: As promised - 991 arrival