“Transmission failure” on night of delivery for 991S PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
This is why Porsche is Porsche and Nissan is Nissan You get what you pay for.
Congrats on the great outcome. They've taken good care of me over the years too, couple of motors, couple of transmissions, all over night and never a hassle.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
[quote=TAILWAG;3471953]
Yes you can. Here in MO you have a certain amount of days (3 I think) to return it - a lot of people don't know about this.
Terrific. But OP's horse has bolted and is past the finishing post now resting drinking champagne. Let it rest Tailwag. I know you mean well but your timing is off.

Also, the dealership that I bought my GT-R took the car back 29 days after I bought it and returned 100% of my money because they could not fix/figure out an annoying rattle coming from the brakes, even after Nissan sent a couple of "fixes" from Dallas...no go.
That's great! But not being able to fix an unfixable Nissan is a different scenario from having a problem with a Porsche that can be fixed 100% to satisfaction.

It also has to do with how good of a relationship you have had with a dealer and if you have done business with them before.
That can make all the difference, but even so if they can fix it and its no big deal why be an a/hole just because you can be. Sometimes having a little humility allows an even stronger relationship to develop, and allow better outcomes. It's only when the problem continues.....like your beloved Nissan that there is a need to get bent out of shape. But lets face it. Dealing with a Nissan dealer and a Porsche dealer would be night and day experiences. Getting all mad and over demanding with reasonable people won't necessarily guarantee a 100% positive outcome even if you do get your new P car changed. Memories can last a long time i.e. what goes around comes around....karma..etc

[quote=TAILWAG;3471956]
Absolutely agree with this.
This mindset sits in the extreme minority of buyers Tailwag and it's usually these very folks that are impossible to be kept happy. Generally speaking if a buyer is that fussy they will usually cause the vendor **** anyway at one point so, let the difficult ones walk and annoy the crap out of next vendor. The majority of buyers are reasonable and look at the general substance of the deal and work from that.

It will certainly have a negative effect on re-sale value. I would demand a new car - period.
I can't see how the changeout of a new gearbox will effect resale. You must be a very tough customer. It's always nicer if everyone can be reasonable. And again if the problem can't be fixed after a couple of attempts then sure, get yourself all mad and jump up and down. Spit the dummy out... Not sure what its all going to prove anyway....

PS: OP, I may be the only that notice, but, is that a GIRL diving the tow-truck???? Assuming by the gloves she is wearing.... :eek
:

You lost me with that...

[quote=TAILWAG;3471965]
Not to be argumentative, but, let's look at this a different way.
No lets not. There is no need to. OP is all fixed, happy and tucked into bed. Why make him feel bad at this point? It's not like they had another car to his exact liking sitting at the ready anyway.

Let's say you are on the market for a 991...with low miles and you find both close to your home. Both have about the same amount of miles, both have the same interior/exterior and you have visited with both owners and have gotten perfect vibes from both.
C'mon, this is being hypothetical. Why not make a movie while you're at it.

If you were the buyer...which one would you pick? The one that shows a motor replacement at 10 miles or the one that has the original motor? Again, keep in mind both cars are virtually identical otherwise.
You are talking about a motor changeout at new. That's completely different than a gearbox changeout at new. And, if this hypothetical situation ever happened so what. You can only sell the car to one buyer i.e. so if one fussy buyer walks you will sell it to the next one and, probably for better money and far less hassles. It's not like there will never be another buyer. Anyway most folks don't buy a car to sell it the next day. By the time they've finished with the ownership experience folks are less likely to be worrying about minty wrappers come sell time.

OP: I am glad everything worked out in your favor. Break that puppy in and enjoy!!!!!
I like this.

Tailwag the situation is now dealt with and no one is worse off. That's a great outcome. Worrying about hypotheticals 2/3/4 years down the track with some ultra fussy minority buyer that may or may not materialise is irrelevant anyway. When one buyer walks away 100 walk up. Buyers with unrealistic expectations are better off buying a brand new car. Problem is they never do and just annoy the crap out of someone. These minority buyers just expect something new at used money, never get it and then make a scene because that's just how they are.

Originally Posted by synergy
It's great to see how Porsche handled this situation!
Exactly! The problem was no big deal for Porsche to correct and, has made adequate restitution as a sweetener. Everyone is happy.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21

Tailwag the situation is now dealt with and no one is worse off. That's a great outcome. Worrying about hypotheticals 2/3/4 years down the track with some ultra fussy minority buyer that may or may not materialise is irrelevant anyway. When one buyer walks away 100 walk up. Buyers with unrealistic expectations are better off buying a brand new car. Problem is they never do and just annoy the crap out of someone. These minority buyers just expect something new at used money, never get it and then make a scene because that's just how they are.

Exactly! The problem was no big deal for Porsche to correct and, has made adequate restitution as a sweetener. Everyone is happy.
Before replying I need to learn how to read the very last post on the thread...

Enough said.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 PM
frankie997 is infamous around these parts
it happened to me last May I traded my 2011 GT3 for a 2011 tts Cab 6 miles on the clock and the trans was making a grinding sound. Cherry Hill Porsche was the best!!
Germany had sent 3 trans to my dealer.
This was my 3rd 911 in 360 days so I think that helped alot.
It's my DD and 11,500 miles later it still runs like a dream!
IMO Insist on a new trans
Good luck she's a beauty!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 PM
MOM3NTM is a jewel in the roughMOM3NTM is a jewel in the roughMOM3NTM is a jewel in the rough
pictures

Some picts of car showing change in color of Agate in different lights. Also with my friends 997.2 GT3

Attached Images     
Old 03-03-2012, 11:22 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MOM3NTM
Some picts of car showing change in color of Agate in different lights. Also with my friends 997.2 GT3
rear looks great in the shot with the gt3.

best of luck

Old 03-03-2012, 12:13 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on getting the car back and extended warranty!

May be local 6speed members can send some business Larry's way to thank him?

Also would like to know exactly what happened to the old tranny.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:26 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
Just relax. Porsche will take care of you.

I know it was disappointing. This is why you should always avoid launch editions. It happens to every gen. Kinks need to be worked out.
Exactly. There's no reason to worry, it's a new car and they'll take care of it. Not only on new issues but on a percentage of new - cars, houses.....everything... there is a percentage of failures. They get worked out and everything's fine - even though is it disappointing. I picked up my 2002 from the dealership and it died three blocks later...... they forgot to gas it up. Hopefully, your inconvenience is just as simple.