Thinking About a 991: Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
rockyrap is infamous around these parts
Thinking About a 991: Update

last summer purchased a loaded 2011 Grand Sport Corvette as a bucket list gift to himself. It is his dream car. I think he might now be suffering a bit of buyer's remorse. About 20 minutes into the ride, he leaned over and said "I gotta get me one of these." That pretty much says it all. Good thing he has the bank account to do it.

Anyway, after the drive, I turned in my CLS 55 and will be placing an order for a 991s. Now I have to spec it out.
I had originally thought I'd go with Carrera White with full yachting blue leather, premium package plus, 14-way power sport seats, Bose, PDK, PASM sport suspension, sport chrono, multi-function steering wheel, plus a couple of other tidbits.

Now I'm on the fence as to colors, as well as a few other things.
Here's what I'm thinking my new spec might look like:
White, Guards Red, or maybe a Blue
Expresso full leather
Premium Package
14 way power seats
PDK
Sport Chrono
Burmester audio package
SportDesign steering wheel
Colored wheel crests
Black instrument dials
Delete model designation
Light Design Package
Fuse box in leather (to hide the plastic cover)
Total $118,515 with shipping.
Trying to keep it below $120,000. Don't know why, just psychological I guess.

I know, it looks more like a GT build than that of a sports car, but over the years I've done a 914, a couple of early 911's, a 993, 928, 996, a pair of Boxster Ss, and 993 and 996 TTs, plus a few Corvettes for good measure. My God, It seems I'm ready for the easy chair! I had been mulling over a new CLS 63 AMG TT Merc on a lightly used SL 63 before the test drive.

The car will be used for pleasure and will see no track time. It'll be a spring, summer, fall driver. I'm not too concerned with all the alphabet options, the lack of a sunroof, etc. This may be last new car I'll ever order and I plan on it being a keeper.

Now, does anyone have photos of any color combo with expresso leather?
I'd sure like to see a few and I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM
rockyrap is infamous around these parts
Ahh, the top part of my post got deleted some how. Maybe too long-winded. Sorry.
What we missed here is that I took an extended three-hour drive Saturday and the 991s deserves all the praise that has been heaped upon it. I took a buddy along
who purchased a loaded Corvette Grand Sport last summer and he was mighty impressed with the 991. I've changed my original build a bit so have at it.

Thanks

Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Nice build, but if you can only have one, I'd drop Bermeister and add PDCC with or without Sport PASM. It's that good. And I love Bermeister, have it in my CTT.

I got both PDCC with sport, and the Berm.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Nice build, but if you can only have one, I'd drop Bermeister and add PDCC with or without Sport PASM. It's that good. And I love Bermeister, have it in my CTT.

I agree...get the PDCC.

And with the expresso I think the white looks best.

all the best with the build

Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
nice options list.

As for color, I would prefer white Red or blue (in that order). If you go white, I would get the expresso interior. If you decide to go with a red or blue, I would go with tan or black. From the pictures of the yachting blue interior that I've seen, I do not like it. However, I never did care for blue interiors in general. I've never seen yachting blue in person...maybe it looks better in person.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rockyrap
This may be last new car I'll ever order
Thanks
lol

Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bluehinder

Even though he says no track time? I'm on the fence big time regarding PDCC with my order. I WILL track it but only 3-4 times per year.

Would love to hear feedback from folks that pushed one hard with PDCC. The demos I drove didn't have it.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Hehe nice story and build - go white!