C2S or C4S what to do, what to do!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Red face

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Hahaha yes he could!

My comment was more in response to him coming on a enthusiast sports car forum and presuming to tell us how to drive...
Clearly he feels he's the **** when it comes to piloting a car... using his prowess and fineness of the kick-down function as an example (guess he's still gotto figure out what those flappy things on the steering wheel are for) .

There are real pro drivers here and most 6speeders can hold their own on a track (if not kick some serious butt) such is the nature of being a sport-car enthusiast.
Personally I've driven everything from funny-cars to a jet-car to nitro bikes... and although these have been truly uniquely scary experiences (lost my eye sight for several hours with the funny-car) power is not equal to being a good driver!

Pushing beyond ones fear/comfort barrier and trusting in the ability of your car, acquired technique and skill whilst going beyond what seems reasonable or possible... those are some of the tings which will enable one to become a "good"/better driver...
And that you can do in a Lotus Elise, which is not a "powerhouse" but arguably one of the most under rated cars to track with.

Just saying, having a P. and pounding your chest may make him feel manly... but also makes him look like an idiot.
But hey that's just my opinion.

Cheers!
Don't know if u where posting for me...anyway, just little claryfication maybe is needed:
I'didn't wrote "real man don't need 4wd", BUT "A good driver don't need 4wd".

There is quite a big difference. A good driver is able to handle a 700 hp car even without 4wd.

If you drove evrything, from funny car () to race cars, to jet cars, then you know that 4wd are not the majority for some clear reasons (into or outside the track): performances, thecnical, pricing, etc.

The majority of race cars are 2wd, except for rally cars. Yes, now we see sometimes DTM 4wd, Le Mans 4wd and so on but in general these are exceptions.

More: Who is "presuming to tell us how to drive..."?

I was only giving my opinions joking with emphasis (A good driver...and so on..).

Talking about kickdown function...well...u clearly misunderstand my sentence. And belive me, i do know what are those strange "PADDLES" on the back of the steereng wheel.

Just because MAYBE i'm a real pro driver, maybe i know what i'm talking about...

It's not so nice, when talking about our passion, to give people such names (Idiot...), just maybe because MOST of our posts are based on PERSONAL BELIEFS AND OPINIONS.

Anyway, go with a 4wd, i'll go for REAR. Even if u call me idiot.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
MAYBE... you're NOT a real pro driver... but actually make bicycles for a living!
Nothing wrong with that but don't come on here posing to be a professional driver!
Talking about poser, aren't you the guy who got 8% discount on one of the very first 991's hitting the dealers!?
Righttttt....

I'm not going to get into your statements about good drivers, handeling and 911's.
The stuff that comes out of your mouth is so ridiculous it's embarrassing!
You say these are your opinions... well my opinion is that they are idiotic.

I'm calling BS on you owning a 991, being a pro-driver and everything else that you've said about first hand experience with a 991/racecar on the track (or off it for that matter!).

Please stop saying your a professional driver and giving people you're fictional advice on what makes a good driver, someone might actually believe you...
That said, I seriously doubt it'll be on 6speed though!

Now please go and troll somewhere else.

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 03-03-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
The gauntlet as been thrown.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:36 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PT Doc
The gauntlet as been thrown.
And no punches will be pulled....

Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
And no punches will be pulled....
I've ignorde you're taunting and so finally you decided to neg rep me on another thread... why because you can't stand being ignored!? (Oh no... right, it was for me assuring people that the 991 is an awesome car) and now you come here to what... flame?

It's very simple, I am SUPER HAPPY I'm getting a new 991 and there's not a damn thing you can say or do to make me feel bad about that!

Don't understand people who need to put what others have down in order to elevated what they've got... nor do I want to.
I see someone achieving/acquiring something and get inspired by that, it reinvigorates the resolve of my own conviction.

It's just sad when I see people like you who respond to this same stimuli with and envy and anger.
Spread your negativity somewhere else.

You're like that annoying guy at a party who desperately wants to get your attention and follow you around injecting himself in every conversation...

Guess what, I'm going back to ignoring you.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Woah! A battle I am not in. A sign of the apocalypse?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by EricP
Woah! A battle I am not in. A sign of the apocalypse?
funny!

No guess it's my turn now
Looks like every person which is getting a 991 is going to get targeted...
Things must be slow on the political and off-topic forums.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:22 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mostlyjames
Hey EricP,

How long is your quickie lease?
24 mo. The residual was good and the buyout option at the end was numerically attractive. Enough that I will either sell it outright or keep it.

It was a good enough buyout that I went with a super low annual mileage knowing I would never turn her in. You aren't responsible for excess mileage if you buy your lease out....ever.

I wanted an easy option into the C4s or whatever Porsche comes up with in the 991 family - but it ended up being about as good as a finance.

Last edited by EricP; 03-03-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Actually, you did not!
You signed it with "feel better!" (clearly not your name)... and then you proceeded to come on here pretending you had nothing to do with neg repping me and calling me by my first name like we're buddies... rightttt.

But I'm not getting sucked into this childish a back and forth with you.
Instead I'm going to plan my trip around the Cote D'Azure for European delivery of my new 991.

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world and your blatant (and back handed) attempts at impacting that are futile.

God life is good!

edit, ok what happened to your taunting posts, don't see them anymore...

Feel better was the quote... I signed it BW

You are a lucky person.

I deleted my posts because I over reacted which happens on the net.

I apologize for my posts.

I don't agree with how you responsed to people and disregard our opinions as jealousy or envy. But they should not bother me as much as they do.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 AM
I think I'm going to cry. Hugs all around.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:04 AM
LOL... while you're getting hugged better brace for those negative rep points.
The hand is faster than the eye

BTW as one of the first to receive your 991 any feedback to share on your new baby!?
Meh...water off a ducks back.

So SpikeP and I got our cars within days of one another - and they are very similarly built - his is DBM and mine PS. But spacers/SPASM/Full leather, etc.

This is important because we both came from 996/997 cars - his a turbo. I think I can speak for him since we email each other a lot - we both think the car exceeds anything we've owned previously. We're both still under break-in so we haven't launched them, but they are awesome machines. We both like the PDK immensely and I'm crazy in love with the new PSE architecture. It's nasty sounding and I actually had (what sounded like ) a backfire upon a downshift the other day which was awesome.

I'm super happy - I keep saying I'll take more pics but we've had cloudy days and snow almost every day since I've owned it. I'll wash it today and possibly snap a few shots since the weather is nicer today and for the next week.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by EricP; 03-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
We both like the PDK immensely and I'm crazy in love with the new PSE architecture. It's nasty sounding and I actually had (what sounded like ) a backfire upon a downshift the other day which was awesome.

I'm super happy - I keep saying I'll take more pics but we've had cloudy days and snow almost every day since I've owned it. I'll wash it today and possibly snap a few shots since the weather is nicer today and for the next week.

Thanks for asking.
Hahahahah

oh man that made laugh!!
pffffuw ohhh I'm actually tearing up hahahaha
Boys will be boys!

See when I hear things like that I really, really want my991 sooner than later and say to myself, get the C2S rather than wait for the C4S!

Either way it's going to be a long summer .
Did you guys have stick shift or PDK on your previous rides because I love stick shift but have to say that new PDK is very, very cool and involving.

If you had mt before... do you miss it now?
Looking forward to the new shots!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Did you guys have stick shift or PDK on your previous rides because I love stick shift but have to say that new PDK is very, very cool and involving.

If you had mt before... do you miss it now?
Looking forward to the new shots!
I had 6MT on my M3 and 6MT on my 997.2 C4s. I'm a manual guy. Love a proper gearbox. I enjoy shifting.

...but I don't miss it. The PDK is very engaging and fun to blip around - I feel like an F1 driver. It's fun in normal, really fun in sport, and really intense in SPORT PLUS - you can't be in SPORT PLUS and turn your brain off about the transmission because it requires your constant attention. It does not shift for you..except when you drop below 30mph and it dying to override your command and drop a gear. And with PSE engaged this is an alarming event.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Silverbullet911 is infamous around these parts
I visited my local Dealer today and we were discussing the next flow of variants for the 991 and the timing. they conveyed to me that there is no "wide body" for the 991 for all variants, C4, C4s..., same back end width for all. This was conveyed by two seperate people at the Dealer including the Sales Manager, Hummm...

Old 03-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I had 6MT on my M3 and 6MT on my 997.2 C4s. I'm a manual guy. Love a proper gearbox. I enjoy shifting.

...but I don't miss it. The PDK is very engaging and fun to blip around - I feel like an F1 driver. It's fun in normal, really fun in sport, and really intense in SPORT PLUS - you can't be in SPORT PLUS and turn your brain off about the transmission because it requires your constant attention. It does not shift for you..except when you drop below 30mph and it dying to override your command and drop a gear. And with PSE engaged this is an alarming event.
Yeah I had that same feeling with the PDK, hope I can test drive a mt before locking my order 'cause I'm really on the fence on what to get.

Thanks for all the info!

Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C2S or C4S what to do, what to do!?