C2S or C4S what to do, what to do!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Silverbullet911
I visited my local Dealer today and we were discussing the next flow of variants for the 991 and the timing. they conveyed to me that there is no "wide body" for the 991 for all variants, C4, C4s..., same back end width for all. This was conveyed by two seperate people at the Dealer including the Sales Manager, Hummm...
OH NO... I really hope they're wrong
If I go with the C4S and wait till next spring I'm gonna be pissed if it's not a wide body!!!

Only reason I'd get the C4S (instead of the C2S this summer) is because of it's wide body...
I expected the the C4 to be a narrow body but not the C4S.
Hope there going to unveil it soon at one of the auto shows .

Cheers!

edit, see you're Canada, which dealer gave you this info?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Wasn't there a quote somewhere supposedly from Michael Maurer about if you like the wide look of the "narrow" body, you will like the look of the Turbo? If true, that would seem to indicate that wider stuff is coming?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fbroen
Wasn't there a quote somewhere supposedly from Michael Maurer about if you like the wide look of the "narrow" body, you will like the look of the Turbo? If true, that would seem to indicate that wider stuff is coming?
Yeah but what if it's only on the Turbo, GT variants .
My C2S cab. build is around 140K before tax, now add another 20 to 25K (+ another 15% in taxes) for C4S cab. and I'm finding myself questioning my sanity...
Spending that kind of $$ on a car I'll only use for 6/7 months of the year is something I can (sorta) live with but the Turbo will be at least another 30 to 35K more Than the C4S... for me that's just crossing a line.

Outside of the $$, I really don't see myself being able to drive a Turbo, GT.. without loosing my license and having the car taken away.

On one of the test drives I took the wife (make sure she'll actually want to ride in this one with me ) and she said, "get the PDK, that way I'll be able to drive it when you loose your license again..."

Funny at the time but... the "war" on speed has reached ridiculous proportions the fact that you're driving an expensive vehicle which you're going to automatically be more careful with whilst still having some fun is irrelevant to the cops... they ticked you like you're a punk that's street racing his Honda putting others in danger!
The new 991 gets up to speed so fast that I even considered getting the base instead of S.
That way you can have more fun before you hit ticked speeds...

That said, Im a grown @ss man who should be able to control himself by now... so I went with the S.
Now the only choice left is C4S or C2S...

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 03-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Silverbullet911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
OH NO... I really hope they're wrong
If I go with the C4S and wait till next spring I'm gonna be pissed if it's not a wide body!!!

Only reason I'd get the C4S (instead of the C2S this summer) is because of it's wide body...
I expected the the C4 to be a narrow body but not the C4S.
Hope there going to unveil it soon at one of the auto shows .

Cheers!

edit, see you're Canada, which dealer gave you this info?

The dealer was Norden Autohaus. Good people and very current with their knowledge base.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
MAYBE... you're NOT a real pro driver... but actually make bicycles for a living!
Nothing wrong with that but don't come on here posing to be a professional driver!
Talking about poser, aren't you the guy who got 8% discount on one of the very first 991's hitting the dealers!?
Righttttt....

I'm not going to get into your statements about good drivers, handeling and 911's.
The stuff that comes out of your mouth is so ridiculous it's embarrassing!
You say these are your opinions... well my opinion is that they are idiotic.

I'm calling BS on you owning a 991, being a pro-driver and everything else that you've said about first hand experience with a 991/racecar on the track (or off it for that matter!).

Please stop saying your a professional driver and giving people you're fictional advice on what makes a good driver, someone might actually believe you...
That said, I seriously doubt it'll be on 6speed though!

Now please go and troll somewhere else.
I agree with evrything u wrote Psycho Sid.
U seem to have all the truth in your mouth, not considering a lot of things before writing, but i think it's useless to go on with this kind of debate.

U judge other people's opinion in a strange way, and u don't consider too many things when polemizing like this. My business, my arguments, and the way u seem to be upset and use bad words in such a cheaper way.

MAYBE, in my country, doesn't want to mean that u are. I'm not a pro driver, but i could be (in a forum where nobody knows who i am...). That was my purpose. It was to make u understand that in a forum, evryone can be wathever he wants to be.

That in a forum u never really know who's writing.

"I'm calling BS on you owning a 991": maybe i'll have serius problems, as they will, if this guys will tell evryone my business with them. A car dealer who tells other people's affairs? We still have privacy in Italy. Not only spaghetti...

Just to say one thing: that is not my only business. Even if i don't think is so important.

Just to say another thing: What is the problem with how much i payed my car? If u need, i could send my contract via private message, or maybe, (pay attention to words this time), via mail attachement. Ok, i made a good deal...and then?

Just another thing: my first hand experience was on the "kickdown", not on the 991. As i posted before in other topic, "i'll share opinions and pictures when i'll receive it (my 991)".

You seems to have such hanger, envy, wondering why..?

Anyway. Not wastin' my time...

Psycho says it all.

Last edited by Elias74; 03-05-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Elias74
I agree with evrything u wrote Psycho Sid.
but i think it's useless to go on with this kind of debate.

I'm not a pro driver, but i could be (in a forum where nobody knows who i am...) evryone can be wathever he wants to be.
That in a forum u never really know who's writing.
Well at least we agree on that.
I called BS and you just confirmed I was right.

Nothing wrong with a little online "make believe" and would have left you to it if not for the "maybe I am a real Pro driver", most if us are not but we do not suggest that we are.
Your argument that no-one can tell for sure, clearly is incorrect.
But when you start ponding your chest, giving people advice on how to drive a 991 when you haven't owned one yourself or say that people get an awd 911 because they don't know how to drive etc, etc. and you direct your comments directly at me... you're going to get a reply.
Can you get away with online fantasy... sure, until you don't.

I hope you do get a 911 (power to you) and you'll be able to share and learn here (like all of us).
Just don't go pie in my boot and tell me it's raining!

That's it.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Mmm...what is BS? (Maybe i missunderstood what BS is...).

You where right on what, man?

I repeat: my "maybe" was to tell that we can't assume that evryone who tells something, tells the truth...nothing more. I didn't wanted to suggest nothing, just CALM DOWN. ...what a mess about this!

I was not telling people how to drive a 991, (i still have to receive it), but explaining my use of kickdown function (in and out of the track). In fact, a lot of people, when they are on track, tend to pull down all the accelerator making the kickdown to "work immediately"...instead,i think it's better to go til the limit before the step (cluch!..).

We all want to share and learn things (like i did when i didn't know the difference between SPASM and non SPASM front lips..."pratas" replied me in the "Official 2012..." topic, take a look).

And stop pissing here and there, i have different things to do than make people believe i'm an astroboy.

Anyway, slowly, MAYBE, we are understanding each other.

U don't have to hope that i get MY 991. It's a deal. It will arrive.

Then, i'll post my opinions regarding MY 991.

Clear enough?

Last edited by Elias74; 03-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 AM
It started with with your opinion that a good driver doesn't need awd... and went down hill from there.
If it makes you go away... sure you're right, maybe you're a real pro driver, people don't know what's the truth, you're an expert on 911's, racing etc. etc. and awd 911's are for people who don't know how to drive.

I'm done with this.