C2S or C4S what to do, what to do!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Exclamation C2S or C4S what to do, what to do!?

I have been researching the 991 for months and was very excited about getting to see it in real life (the marketing machine at work )and put down a deposit.
Then I saw it at my dealer (in silver) and... was underwhelmed.
Don't think it had to do with the color, just think my expectation level was raised too high, so I decided to look into a 997 turbo cab, Maserati Granturismo cab, Mercedes SL550 or used SLS roadster.

Then a few weeks ago I saw a black 991S at my dealer and... I'm in LOVEEE
Test drove it and was absolutely blown away!!! WOWWW
Ordered a manual 991S cab in Basalt black and could not be happier!
Until.... my sales guy tels me I won't actually get my new ride till July/August (IF it goes as planned...)

What the hell!!!
It's a cab, I don't drive it in the winter so I'd only use it for 2 months before storing it for the next 5/6 months.
Not to mention in July the 2013's are already being build... why would I buy a 2012 at full price!?

It's easier for me to buy a house than a car... just can't seem to make up my mind, but when I do the dealer has to take my $$ and say here's your car.
If not... I may change my mind.

So... back to square one.
Until I saw a pic of the new C4S... OMG!!! suppose to start building it in December/January which means delivery in March/April... just in time for spring.

Right now I still have my order for the 2012 C2S cab but I think I've made up my mind and am going to be patient for once in my life and wait for the 991 C4S Cab but am curious what would you do!?

Cheers!

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
The wait is also killing me but I am holding out till the wide body C4S and better yet the Targa. I drive in the winter a lot so will be looking forward the new design!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Holy Moly that is fat.

I came from a 997.2 c4s and I now have the C2S 991. Love it. Not looking back. Love the RWD only feel. But mine is a quickie lease so I might re-up when the entire 991 stable is released

Did I just contradict myself. Cars...my biggest vice.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 PM
mostlyjames is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EricP
Holy Moly that is fat.

I came from a 997.2 c4s and I now have the C2S 991. Love it. Not looking back. Love the RWD only feel. But mine is a quickie lease so I might re-up when the entire 991 stable is released

Hey EricP,

How long is your quickie lease?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
Holy Moly that is fat.

LOL Yeah I know which car you've got you lucky dog!
Didn't know it was a short term lease... personally I only buy, because I loveee to customize my cars.
That's why i didn't change my C4S when the 997 came out, but since there's nothing left to customize I'm looking forward to a decade of fun projects with the 991.

But I'll have to wait a bit longer... that rear end alone is worht it (at least that's what I'm telling myself)

Cheers!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 03-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
In the office nice bright and early - need to start rolling in the cake for the upcoming car! Hehe..

Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
I prefer rear wheel drive than 4WD so the C4S is out of sight

Old 03-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by exponential
I prefer rear wheel drive than 4WD so the C4S is out of sight
Yes man.

Carrera S...2S.

Rear wheel drive. The real though drive.

You can manage your car'stail, left and right...nothing compares.

A good driver don't need 4wd.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by Elias74
Yes man.

Carrera S...2S.

Yes, yes just like "expon" said but what about the WIDE BODY...!?
BTW, it's a little pretentious to say "real man don't need 4wd"
Guess you'll never own a Turbo but at least YOU know how to drive...

Old 03-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

Right now I still have my order for the 2012 C2S cab but I think I've made up my mind and am going to be patient for once in my life and wait for the 991 C4S Cab but am curious what would you do!?

Cheers!
I think you've got it figured. C2S vs C4S sure is a debate in itself. Personally i like the more connected feel of the RWD but i can't deny the sexy look of that wide body, and the extra features are enough to swing anyone away from the 2S. It's a toughy. If you can wait then why not.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by Elias74
Yes man.

Carrera S...2S.

^^^ Classy

Guessing you have never driven a C4S or in snow before.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Hey Speed, yeah there is a fun factor to the rwd and in the 991 rendition of the C2S the rear already looks as wide as the 996/997 wide body (because of the higher arches above those 20" wheels and the "coke bottle shape).

If only I could see what the actual new C4S looks like!!

But the camo shots look pretty damn promising...
No need Sid. If C2 looks fat C4 is definitely gonna look a lot fatter in the flesh. Thats a given going by the camo shots. If the $ aren't a consideration and you can stand the wait i'd go the 4 just for the better look even if the drive is not (quite) a sharp as the 2. I mean we are splitting hairs really. And the upside of the 4 is if you have any ice or snow then it's going to hang on better. It'll also hold up better over time than the C2 as well once the market becomes accustomed to the looks of the new car.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Yes, i'd never owned a Turbo...anyway it's about sensations and badass...i think.

Here in Italy, we like the most rear wheel drives, because drive is more funny.

Yes, maybe on a Turbo it won't be easy for a lot of people to handle it, but if u're a good driver, the first thing u learn to have, is to manage the power of your car...

It's like speaking of PDK kickdown: yeah, having the kickdown on my Carrera 2 S (991) isn't that good, since i don't like it, but if u have a light foot, such as good drivers have, you never go too deep with accelerator, avoiding bad gears to be inserted.

At least, one thing is to know how to drive, another is to have a powerful car...

Old 03-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
He could always have a GT2 (Turbo and RWD).

Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
DZD
DZD is infamous around these parts
Hey Speed, yeah there is a fun factor to the rwd and in the 991 rendition of the C2S the rear already looks as wide as the 996/997 wide body (because of the higher arches above those 20" wheels and the "coke bottle shape).

If only I could see what the actual new C4S looks like!!
But the camo shots look pretty damn promising...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C2S or C4S what to do, what to do!?