The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
The only thing that eased the pain of my wait was that I could drive the 2009 C2S until I picked up my new one. I know you'll get through it, but I'm glad it wasn't me. I don't have that much time left to be patient.

ChuckJ

When you're young, patience is a virtue acquired through time... but as you get older who's got time for patience!!
Lets hope we don't get hit by a truck!

That said, I'm wondering how many others are "patiently" waiting for the 991 C4/S?
Come on fellas, post up your build!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

When you're young, patience is a virtue acquired through time... but as you get older who's got time for patience!!
Lets hope we don't get hit by a truck!

That said, I'm wondering how many others are "patiently" waiting for the 991 C4/S?
Come on fellas, post up your build!
Sid, i was so patient waiting and waiting for the C4s and then It all culminated last week. My dealer had no idea when the glass roof would be back - it's a blocked option right now. Add to that i did not have anything else to drive when my lease returns on Dec 14 and with these cars not arriving till March, I had no choice. So I did a really hard thing and pulled the trigger on an M5 that my friend had placed a deposit on but wanted out! The car is coming on Nov. 30th. Will miss the 911 like crazy but i am sure that it won't be long before I add one to the stable - maybe another Targa

Last edited by uhn2000; 09-07-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Thats a great build Sid! I guess yours will be the first one here, cant wait to see the pics. Congrats.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Sid, i was so patient waiting and waiting for the C4s and then It all culminated last week. My dealer had no idea when the glass roof would be back - it's a blocked option right now. Add to that i did not have anything else to drive when my lease returns on Dec 14 and with these cars not arriving till March, I had no choice. So I did a really hard thing and pulled the trigger on an M5 that my friend had placed a deposit on but wanted out! The car is coming on Nov. 30th. Will miss the 911 like crazy but i am sure that it won't be long before I add one to the stable - maybe another Targa
Yeah the waiting is a killer, especially if the timing is off.
Mind ya some would call this "rich people problems".
Lets face it an M5 is a VERY nice ride and there's always a "next time" that you can count on.

Enjoy the new ride!

Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by galion
Thats a great build Sid! I guess yours will be the first one here, cant wait to see the pics. Congrats.
Thanks dude!

I think Brainja's C4S will come in before mine, I like his build A LOT actually...
I keep going back and forth between MT & PDK...
I live downtown and although I love rowing through the gears... in back-to-back traffic it absolutely SUCKS!!!

Than there's the exhaust... LOVEEEEE the PSE but it's almost too "nice", needs to be a bit more "aggressive" but have decided to not start screwing around with aftermarket exhausts (which always end up "tinging", "pinging""farting", rattling etc).
OK check out these 2 graphs of the PSE and stock set up... if I go with the stock (non-PSE) exhaust I figure I've got 3 choices (without the "side effects" of aftermarket stuff).

1. I can arrange it so the valves stay open continuously (stock it only opens after 3500 rpm) and do a Fister-D mod on the mufflers.
Sounds bit more aggressive than stock PSE but is "on" all the time.

2. Close all the holes (disconnect) on the main muffler and have GT3 style exhaust tips welded directly to the resonance chamber, this of course will require some work to the rear valance (close old openings and cutout new one in the center etc.).
Sounds a bit like straight pipes but with less "edge" because of resonance chamber.

3. Go with MT (here we go again ), but very few options and get the "powerkit"... higher compression, variable resonance intake manifold with six plus one switchable valves, 430hp, modified cylinder heads, new camshaft...
Sound "sharper", GT3-ish but can be tuned off (I know lets not forget about the extra power!).

I'm so confused... somebody lock this damn order already!!!!

Attached Images      

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 09-08-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Here's the latest video released for the C4/S... looking good!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Here's the latest video released for the C4/S... looking good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo5IRqS4ByY
This rocks!!!

Don't you think the darker colors look better in 4/4S wide-body or it's just me???

Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fester
This rocks!!!

Don't you think the darker colors look better in 4/4S wide-body or it's just me???
I do, but I've been trying real hard for almost a decade now to get into a different color.. 'cause black is not a color, it's a project love!

Can't wait to see the real thing!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by hawc

WOWWWWWW!!!
Damn that looks good.

Thanks for posting the individual frames from the vid, someones got skills!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting the individual frames from the vid.
This car literally takes my breath away. It's so gorgeous. I won't be able to afford it (until maybe it's 5+ years old) but I can't wait to see it in person.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Funny that my other interest has also been an M5 BUT I'm so done with turbo cars (have e92 335i) so my best bet was either pana gts or 991 4S...991 4S it is!

What're config details for m5 (int/ext color etc)

Last edited by Fester; 09-16-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Fester
Funny that my other interest has also been an M5 BUT I'm so done with turbo cars (have e92 335i) so my best bet was either pana gts or 991 4S...991 4S it is!

What're config details for m5 (int/ext color etc)
Honestly with the new M5 they have done a great job hiding the turbo and the power is almost instant with a very very slight delay that is almost unnoticeable unless you are looking for it. I will miss the 911 experience but the Cayenne already in the garage I was just looking for something different to help me crave the 991 a bit - also I am holding out for the Targa.

My spec is SilverStone on full SilverStone leather, Piano Black Trim, and 6 speed manual. What sold me on the MT was getting very lucky to drive one - was a lot of fun. The new M5 has its flaws but I do miss having a big luxurious sedan to zip around the city in - best one for me.

K back to work need to make money to pay for all these toys!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM
My spec is SilverStone on full SilverStone leather, Piano Black Trim, and 6 speed manual. What sold me on the MT was getting very lucky to drive one - was a lot of fun. The new M5 has its flaws but I do miss having a big luxurious sedan to zip around the city in - best one for me.
Nice config!

K back to work need to make money to pay for all these toys!
yep, I hear you...tell me about it!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 PM
While we're kinda off topic have you guys seen this?
It reminded me of the new C4S a bit...OK a very little bit.

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!