The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
While we're kinda off topic have you guys seen this?
It reminded me of the new C4S a bit...OK a very little bit.
hmm, interesting comparison..but it kinda does..

Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
hmm, interesting comparison..but it kinda does..
Alright, here ya go... we just saved 1.2 million bucks on our new 991 C4S is, guess it's a good deal after all.
In the mean time I'm counting down the days to the Paris auto show...

Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Alright, here ya go... we just saved 1.2 million bucks on our new 991 C4S is, guess it's a good deal after all.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
9/29 it is!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Here's another video, this one is all rolling shots.
There's no audio but strange enough it shows the 991 C4S even better (no distractions)... although in my head I sure am hearing that PSE!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
While we're kinda off topic have you guys seen this?
It reminded me of the new C4S a bit...OK a very little bit.
Maybe the brake lights? It really looks similar. (Sorry Aston fans)

Old 09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Cool Searching for the one...

Here's another video, this one is all rolling shots.
There's no audio but strange enough it shows the 991 C4S even better (no distractions)... although in my head I sure am hearing that PSE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWNed...eature=related
Thanks for the Great Video Sid! I wanted to congratulate you on a Fun time in your life. I am enjoying following your search for your new, Baby!

Good luck with your search, and allowing us to live vicariously thru you...

Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Thanks for the Great Video Sid! I wanted to congratulate you on a Fun time in your life. I am enjoying following your search for your new, Baby!

Good luck with your search, and allowing us to live vicariously thru you...
Thanks!

But the real "fun time" will start when I actually receive my new baby!
So far it's been agony... I've never waited this long for a car which consequently means it did become very anticlimactic.

That said, it did give me a reason to test drive a whole lot of cars, some even for days at a time (multiple times) that was great fun.

The waiting is a bit more bearable now that the 991 C4S is actually being unveiled and there's actual delivery dates!!!
Not to mention having fellow 6speeders post up info and pics like Branja who's honeymooning in France and should be in Paris this Friday at the Auto Show!!!
Where I'm sure he'll take lots of pictures....(hint, hint!).

Anyway nice to have ya around!
Cheers!

Oh BTW nice avatar!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Well the official unveiling of the 991 C4S is here and... nada!
The event got over shadowed by the Porsche Panamera "wagon"... yep the C4S was rolled out onto the stage after the "wagon" got the big reveal...

Regardless of what one may think of the Panamera Turismo's design (the front half looks amazing but that's it!)... I believe it's safe to say Porsche has now officially stepped away from the prestige and performance driven image of Ferrari, Lamborghini and the like and joined the ranks of Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz and... VW.

I know it had one foot in both camps already... but now that it's firmly got both feet in there I'm kinda feeling it's loosing it's exclusivity or performance driven image I fell in love with as a child.
I certainly don't see any commercials being conceptualized around a 10 year old boy dreaming of... a station wagon!

Think I'd better focus harder on the C4S... here's some shots of the it at the Paris Auto Show.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 AM
The event got over shadowed by the Porsche Panamera "wagon"... yep the C4S was rolled out onto the stage after the "wagon" got the big reveal...

Regardless of what one may think of the Panamera Turismo's design (the front half looks amazing but that's it!)... I believe it's safe to say Porsche has now officially stepped away from the prestige and performance driven image of Ferrari, Lamborghini and the like and joined the ranks of Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz and... VW.

I know it had one foot in both camps already... but now that it's firmly got both feet in there I'm kinda feeling it's loosing it's exclusivity or performance driven image I fell in love with as a child.
I certainly don't see any commercials being conceptualized around a 10 year old boy dreaming of... a station wagon!

Think I'd better focus harder on the C4S... here's some shots of the it at the Paris Auto Show.

LOVE it. The only hope is that they don't screw up 911..and 991 definitely doesn't!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I think Porsche has done a great job with the 991 but I read somewhere they are trying to double the car output so we are going to see a lot more models coming down the pipe with attention pulled from the 911. However credit to them they still have the "sportiest" model in every category line. Whether that distracts them from the importance of the 991 is yet to be seen when the GT and Turbo models are released.

Brand extension like this can be very a dangerous rope to walk and needs to be handled with care.

Last edited by uhn2000; 09-28-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks great! I'm headed to the show tomorrow, as promised. I will take lots of pictures and will share them when I am back stateside next week.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Sid,
Stop worrying about the other girls and just keep thinking about that a$$.. Besides, if you are right, you have a collector's item - one of the last 911s worth having!

Of course, I got mine when it was still Porsche - 6 long months ago on Sunday

Seriously, if you don't like the look of that car Sid, someone needs to check you for a pulse. It looks awesome - both ends of it. When do you get yours?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by brianja
I think it looks great! I'm headed to the show tomorrow, as promised. I will take lots of pictures and will share them when I am back stateside next week.
Hey Brian how's the honeymoon!
Did you end up getting a nice Benz cab from Sitxh?
Look forward to pics and description/impressions from real life viewing!!!

Cheers.

Originally Posted by AG991
Sid,
Stop worrying about the other girls and just keep thinking about that a$$.. Besides, if you are right, you have a collector's item - one of the last 911s worth having!

Of course, I got mine when it was still Porsche - 6 long months ago on Sunday

Seriously, if you don't like the look of that car Sid, someone needs to check you for a pulse. It looks awesome - both ends of it. When do you get yours?
I know... you're right of course but I had to go through it I guess.

It sort off went like this;
Oooohw that Pana "Sport Turismo" looks kinda nice...
OK the front looks very nice... will look awesome on the new Pana.
Holy crap what am I saying... that's a @%$#@ station wagon!
What's next a minivan for crying out loud!!!

Now I've calmed down and am just focusing on that voluptuously sexy C4S... thank God for a short attention span!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM
doogiedoc is infamous around these parts

Is that the aqua blue metallic? That looks AWESOME! I think the configurator version of this color doesn't do it justice. How was the interior done?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!