The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I know... you're right of course but I had to go through it I guess.

It sort off went like this;
Oooohw that Pana "Sport Turismo" looks kinda nice...
OK the front looks very nice... will look awesome on the new Pana.
Holy crap what am I saying... that's a @%$#@ station wagon!
What's next a minivan for crying out loud!!!

Now I've calmed down and am just focusing on that voluptuously sexy C4S... thank God for a short attention span!
A bit OT but.. It's funny how different we view things on either side of the pond. Imo an SUV is way worse for the Porsche "image" than a station wagon. In every way. Maybe it's because I live in a country that loves station wagons, but I think the rest of Europe is with me on this as well.

I LOVE über-station wagons (M5, RS6, E-C63 etc) and haven't got the slighest clue why you would choose a 3-ton SUV over any of those.
I guess it's very much a cultural thing, and you do seem to love the SUV in the U.S (understatement of the year..)

Anyway, I really hope they build that thing, and fast!

And to get on topic again, the C4S looks absolutley fantastic! Definately my favourite Carrera in a long, long time!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
A bit OT but.. It's funny how different we view things on either side of the pond. Imo an SUV is way worse for the Porsche "image" than a station wagon. In every way. Maybe it's because I live in a country that loves station wagons, but I think the rest of Europe is with me on this as well.

I LOVE über-station wagons (M5, RS6, E-C63 etc) and haven't got the slighest clue why you would choose a 3-ton SUV over any of those.
I guess it's very much a cultural thing, and you do seem to love the SUV in the U.S (understatement of the year..)

Anyway, I really hope they build that thing, and fast!

And to get on topic again, the C4S looks absolutley fantastic! Definately my favourite Carrera in a long, long time!
Yes the SUV's social standing is not what it used to be (practically, economically or environmentally).
It's like a guest which has overstayed it's welcome... if not on it's way out... definitely being handed it's coat!

Re Europe... I spend the first 21 years of my life in the Netherlands and in those days the only "SUV" around was the Rang Rover (which actually started out as a "wagon/pick-up used in farming, safari's etc).
The SUV type vehicle was not popular because of the road taxes (based on vehicle weight) not to mention the fuel consumption, insurance etc.

However if you where "cool", famous, rich or of Nobility you'd have the Range Rover, if you did not fall in any of those categories... well you'd have a hatch or station-wagon (ultimately the "wagon" was the European "mini-van").

Lets face it, the average car in the EU is A LOT smaller than in North America and lets not even get started about the engines... those are smaller on everything!
Even the big(ish) E-class Benz I drive when I'm in Europe is a 200-D, here the smallest E-class I could get was a 350... never mind trying to get a Diesel E class!

So are practical and desirable mutually exclusive... well clearly not, just look at the 991!
But it still doesn't change how I feel about station wagons regardless of the badge... it's an EU minivan...it may work... but it ain't sexy!

Cheers!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 09-30-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
SUVs were very popular in the US, but because they are heavy and draggy companies are having a hard time meeting the corporate mileage standards. This problem will be even worse for them in the future. Because of that, they have tried to change public demand by making crossovers and now station wagons. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, Porsche followed, and made their SUV even more of a crossover and pushed station wagons over SUVs.

ChuckJ

Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
SUVs were very popular in the US, but because they are heavy and draggy companies are having a hard time meeting the corporate mileage standards. This problem will be even worse for them in the future. Because of that, they have tried to change public demand by making crossovers and now station wagons. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, Porsche followed, and made their SUV even more of a crossover and pushed station wagons over SUVs.

ChuckJ
Anything that gets mom's in minivans and SUV's that are parade floats off the road so there is a chance to actually see down the road is a good thing.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
Anything that gets mom's in minivans and SUV's that are parade floats off the road so there is a chance to actually see down the road is a good thing.
Couldn't agree more!! I appreciate that a lot of people like them (especially in Texas), but I can't help but thinking that not being able to see by them to the traffic in front of you is not adding to safety on the highways. Going to crossovers and station wagons will help this problem.

ChuckJ

Old 09-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Alright, now that we've got that out of our systems...
Here's some shots of the rear-end and "boot", I was hoping to get a glimpse of the PCM screen showing the new AWD "dispersement graph system but no go...
The boot looks awfully small though... holy crap what happened!
Also a some good shots of how recessed the light-strip really is...

Old 09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Wow the trunk does look small...I hope it's not as tiny as it looks...at least should be able to accommodate one medium size suit case and a duffle bag! Itd be difficult to take trips to s CA or need to get the rack! This is bad for me

Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fester
Wow the trunk does look small...I hope it's not as tiny as it looks...at least should be able to accommodate one medium size suit case and a duffle bag! Itd be difficult to take trips to s CA or need to get the rack! This is bad for me
One thing though... I do find the trunk space deeper than in the 997 C4/S.
So that maybe a saving grace.
Also I've noticed the smaller "foot-print" of the 991 trunk space on the C2/S as well, could be my imagination but we'll find out soon enough.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Found some new shots giving a side-by-side comparison between the narrow and wide body 991.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Nice post, Sid!!!

ChuckJ

Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Found some new shots giving a side-by-side comparison between the narrow and wide body 991.

Nice find indeed...look at that behind

Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey thanks guys!

I posted these earlier on another thread but I'll post them here too, a new body kit by Topcar for the 991 C4/S.

Photo-shopped them in black to see what it would look like (original is aqua blue)... not sure, I love the wider rear and front but I'd definitely have to mold them into the body rather than just as an add-on.
Also not feeling the scalloped cut-outs... no worries though I won't start turning my new 991 C4S into a Frankenstein project right away hehehe.
I think we can all enjoy our new rides for a bit without having the mod bug bite us... I think!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 10-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
^ sorry but that's awful. A perfect way to ruin the lines of a beautiful car....as is!
Big thumbs down. Thanks for posting though, I don't mean to shoot the messenger

Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Haku
^ sorry but that's awful. A perfect way to ruin the lines of a beautiful car....as is!
Big thumbs down. Thanks for posting though, I don't mean to shoot the messenger
No worries!
I'm sticking with a GT3 appearance package... I'll just have to be patient.
For that matter I'll actually have to take delivery of my C4S first!!!!

Attached Images    
Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Hi all!

Does anyone know when and where the 4S presentation for the press will take place?
Because I´m curious for some reviews of the new awd and other colors as well.

Best
Gregor

P.S.: Or is there a press embargo about this information ??

Last edited by Sidney1; 10-02-2012 at 03:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!