The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sidney1
Hi all!

Does anyone know when and where the 4S presentation for the press will take place?
Because I´m curious for some reviews of the new awd and other colors as well.

Best
Gregor

P.S.: Or is there a press embargo about this information ??
No but it might as well be "dealer embargo"... I don't know if they are playing the "ignorance is bliss" game or are really being kept in the dark but one thing is for sure we (collective power of 6) know more than they do (or so it seems).

That said I do believe the C4S just wasn't a big enough of a deal to warrant an official press core release... hell it didn't even get it's own unveiling but was rolled out on stage as an after though behind the Panamera station-wagon (as mentioned before).

So I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for any vids or reviews as they come up.

Cheers!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I'm not sure I've even seen 997 4/4S specific reviews or comparisons before??

Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I found more reviews of the Targa4s then the coupe or cab when I was researching ; usually not a big launch deal for Porsche. I think the GT3 and Turbo will have plenty of hype around them!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I called my salesman to speak to him about the new "online services" option. We added it to my build.

While I had him on the phone we looked up my build status and it was pushed up! The new build completion date for my car is showing as 11/19! He is estimating that that means it should be at the dealer around / right before Christmas. Nice!

What a busy week this has been. I'm hoping to be able to add my Paris photos later this week / this weekend.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brianja
I called my salesman to speak to him about the new "online services" option. We added it to my build.

While I had him on the phone we looked up my build status and it was pushed up! The new build completion date for my car is showing as 11/19! He is estimating that that means it should be at the dealer around / right before Christmas. Nice!

What a busy week this has been. I'm hoping to be able to add my Paris photos later this week / this weekend.
Pushed up? Thats a 1st

Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Pushed up? Thats a 1st
Shhh... they might found out what happened and "fix it" back to where it was :-)

Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !

Congrats!!!!

Pushed up? Thats a 1st
I've heard this a few times now... supposedly it's got to do with the fact that Porsche sales have dropped due to economy in China and Europe.
Next year Porsche is actually reducing production...
I say it's also related to the price increases... if you look at Benz they've dropped their prices because of the economy in said regions, not P. though no lets charge more but just produce less!

Oh well what are ya going to do...

Shhh... they might found out what happened and "fix it" back to where it was :-)
Oooooohpssssss... too late!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Here's another shot of the 991 C4S cab.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
collective power of 6 :)

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
No but it might as well be "dealer embargo"... I don't know if they are playing the "ignorance is bliss" game or are really being kept in the dark but one thing is for sure we (collective power of 6) know more than they do (or so it seems).

That said I do believe the C4S just wasn't a big enough of a deal to warrant an official press core release... hell it didn't even get it's own unveiling but was rolled out on stage as an after though behind the Panamera station-wagon (as mentioned before).

So I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for any vids or reviews as they come up.

Cheers!

here in Switzerland the presentation of the new 911 - 4 will take place beginning of Nov 12. The first cars will roll out beginning of January 13. However, Sid, dont' you want to open a "6er club thread" to exchange infos / status / pics / orders, etc ? You're the man

Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Well, he didn't know at that time.... Will let ya'all know when he let's me know...
follow up... he didn't know which one but hey, it's "completion date" now is reflected as Dec 8th! that's a progress!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by airwave
here in Switzerland the presentation of the new 911 - 4 will take place beginning of Nov 12. The first cars will roll out beginning of January 13. However, Sid, dont' you want to open a "6er club thread" to exchange infos / status / pics / orders, etc ? You're the man
See now geographical location may have nothing to do with it but Porsche sure is pushing the release of the 991 variants through a lot sooner than here in North America... man you're lucky!
Here no one seems to know exactly when they have them in the showrooms... and that's for the coupes, never mind cabs!

Re "being the man" tell my wife that!

Cheers!

follow up... he didn't know which one but hey, it's "completion date" now is reflected as Dec 8th! that's a progress!
See point in case, they don't tell you what you want to hear (when buying a 150K toy) as long as they keep us happy with what we NEED to hear.

Man I can't wait for someone to actually get their hands on one of these wide-body 991's!!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM
See point in case, they don't tell you what you want to hear (when buying a 150K toy) as long as they keep us happy with what we NEED to hear.

Man I can't wait for someone to actually get their hands on one of these wide-body 991's!!
You're so right!

I've been told to add 45 days to production end date, that's when it actually arrives in the showroom, ready to be handed over...so that makes it Jan 23RD!!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
You're so right!

I've been told to add 45 days to production end date, that's when it actually arrives in the showroom, ready to be handed over...so that makes it Jan 23RD!!!!
Ohhhh I hope I'm wrong on this but... ehmmm... well.... I have a suspicion that even that date is optimistic.
I think anyone who's got their build date in Dec is going to experience delays because of Sinter Klaas (Dec 5th), Christmas and New years, not to mention nothing really happens during the 1st week of Jan either...

I really hope to be proven wrong... but those Germans sure know how to party!
I guess we should be happy our builds don't fall during Carnival... that's a 1 day event which turns into a 3 day orgy followed by a one week beer-fest and of course another week to sober up, pick up the pieces and do some damage control... owhh the good old days hehehe.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Earliest C4/S to come to the Toronto dealership is February and those are launch cars. Again with 991 you really never know so much has happened with order changes and delays this past year; I think that they may finally be in the rhythm. On another note 55 days for my M5.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Earliest C4/S to come to the Toronto dealership is February and those are launch cars. Again with 991 you really never know so much has happened with order changes and delays this past year; I think that they may finally be in the rhythm. On another note 55 days for my M5.
Sure rub it in why don't ya!!

I was originally told my 991 C4S would be a launch car... then it was "actually because it's a cab, it won't be...".
I was going to push for SPASM (not available on cabs, right like that's gonna stop me ) and the "painted rear apron" in a deviating color (deviating color not offered...) etc. but I've decided to ask for nothing that could possibly delay things.

this whole waiting thing is becoming torture!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!