The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
LOL guess I'd better start hanging out on a Benz forum then hehehehe.
You're right of course, in the end it'll get here when it gets here... sigh.

That said I totally get why you decided not to wait...
In your shoes, with a car to get me by, I would have waited. However not really knowing what variant I want next I decided to take a break. I am sure it won't be for long. Having a 911 in my garage is almost mandatory after owning one. I am curious to see what they do with the upcoming Targa and GT3. Also thinking that they may release PCM4 with the Panamera refresh next year and I am a tech guy and new gadgets are always fun!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
So I've been working my way through my trip photos and it's been taking much longer than anticipated. This morning I decided I would just jump to the end and go through the Paris Motor Show photos to put up on here and then I can return to do the rest when I can.

Almost all of the C4s there were Aqua Blue, with the exception of the one yellow cab that was hidden in the back of the booth. I don't think people even knew it was there since I haven't seen a single photo of this one in all of the coverage.

I had a chance to sit in the sport buckets and they are amazing feeling, but they are not something I would want for daily driving. As mdc said, they are a chore to get into and out of. For a track toy they are perfect though.

Here is a link to the gallery with all of my photos from the show:

Paris Motor Show '12

And some highlights (click to enlarge):

And here is a quick preview shot of my surprise rental in the south of France (Cannes, Monaco, St. Tropez). Not a bad way to sightsee! My wife is amazing.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
So I've been working my way through my trip photos and it's been taking much longer than anticipated. This morning I decided I would just jump to the end and go through the Paris Motor Show photos to put up on here and then I can return to do the rest when I can.

Almost all of the C4s there were Aqua Blue, with the exception of the one yellow cab that was hidden in the back of the booth. I don't think people even knew it was there since I haven't seen a single photo of this one in all of the coverage.

I had a chance to sit in the sport buckets and they are amazing feeling, but they are not something I would want for daily driving. As mdc said, they are a chore to get into and out of. For a track toy they are perfect though.

Here is a link to the gallery with all of my photos from the show:

Paris Motor Show '12

And some highlights (click to enlarge):

And here is a quick preview shot of my surprise rental in the south of France (Cannes, Monaco, St. Tropez). Not a bad way to sightsee! My wife is amazing.

Whowwwww those are some nice pics especially considering you had no control over lighting and environment!!!
Love the composition, depth of field etc. what type of camera and lens did you use?
Excellent shots!

I copied these shots because of the following.
1 & 2 show how "pushed out" the rear wheels are, I'm very surprised, they seem to sit much more flush to the body than the C2/S...

Love shot 3 for the angle which shows off the recessed plane and transition of the taillight and light strip, gives a MUCH better representation of what to expect.
With all the shots out there no-one has taking it from that angle...

The last shot... well that speaks for itself.
Your wife rocks!!

Thanks for the pics!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! Car shows are so difficult to shoot at. I go to the NY Auto Show every year, but I rarely carry my camera for exactly that reason. There is always too many people and the lighting is poor.

For these I was shooting a Canon 5DmkIII and a 24-70f2.8L. I decided to pack light (photo gear wise) for the France trip, so I just brought that combo and a Sony RX100.

The light strip is really slick looking in person. I like that it is a smooth transition from the taillight with just that little bit of overhang from the spoiler / rear fenders. I wonder what it will be like with the sportdesign ducktail. The yellow cabriolet only had the sportdesign front bumper, which was annoying.

I'm always happy to provide photos for the benefit of the group. I have a suspicion that when my C4S arrives it will be one of the most photographed 991s out there (all by me of course). If Haku thinks he is taking/posting a lot now he better watch out! lol.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thanks! Car shows are so difficult to shoot at. I go to the NY Auto Show every year, but I rarely carry my camera for exactly that reason. There is always too many people and the lighting is poor.

For these I was shooting a Canon 5DmkIII and a 24-70f2.8L. I decided to pack light (photo gear wise) for the France trip, so I just brought that combo and a Sony RX100.

The light strip is really slick looking in person. I like that it is a smooth transition from the taillight with just that little bit of overhang from the spoiler / rear fenders. I wonder what it will be like with the sportdesign ducktail. The yellow cabriolet only had the sportdesign front bumper, which was annoying.

I'm always happy to provide photos for the benefit of the group. I have a suspicion that when my C4S arrives it will be one of the most photographed 991s out there (all by me of course). If Haku thinks he is taking/posting a lot now he better watch out! lol.

Looking forward to it!

Re; wing/decklid I'm not so sure that a ducktaill (or anything else for that matter ) will work on the C4/S...
I think that the light strip divides the back-end to such a degree that everything which is added above it will look "displaced"... or "stuck on", an after-though, something not part of the original design... (OK that's the best description I could think of ).

That said.... I believe that something like the pic below could work very nicely.
Especially because it continues over top of the taillights and more or less follows the combined/elongated top-line of the light-strip and taillights emphasizing both the unique C4S light design as well as the wider body.

But it's hard to tell... all those white surfaces sorta blend together.

Attached Images   
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM

Looking forward to it!

Re; wing/decklid I'm not so sure that a ducktaill (or anything else for that matter ) will work on the C4/S...
I think that the light strip divides the back-end to such a degree that everything which is added above it will look "displaced"... or "stuck on", an after-though, something not part of the original design... (OK that's the best description I could think of ).

That said.... I believe that something like the pic below could work very nicely.
Especially because it continues over top of the taillights and more or less follows the combined/elongated top-line of the light-strip and taillights emphasizing both the unique C4S light design as well as the wider body.

But it's hard to tell... all those white surfaces sorta blend together.
I see your point. I'm hoping it's not the case though (since I ordered Sport Design). On the 3D configurer it looks pretty clean in my opinion.

The spoiler you posted is nice, too.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I see your point. I'm hoping it's not the case though (since I ordered Sport Design). On the 3D configurer it looks pretty clean in my opinion.

The spoiler you posted is nice, too.
OK it's official... I'm full of sh#t .
That looks pretty damn good!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:13 PM
OK it's official... I'm full of sh#t .
That looks pretty damn good!
Thanks, but you don't have to be polite if you hate it. lol.

I thought that it helped accentuate the width of the car by adding another long horizontal line on the back. I like that they hollowed out the duck tail a bit on the underneath. It gives it a bit more modern of a look.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that it helped accentuate the width of the car by adding another long horizontal line on the back. I like that they hollowed out the duck tail a bit on the underneath. It gives it a bit more modern of a look.
Actually, those are both great looking, and I don't generally like anything back there. I like the spoiler that brianja posted better for the 4 and I like Sid's selection for a C2. JMO. Sid, where did you find that spoiler?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Terrific pics brianja! Thank you for sharing. The Ferrari shot... superb!
I can't wait for your 4S pics when the thing turns up. There's something therapeutic about sharing pics with like minded individuals... albeit the likemindedness is about being bonkers about 911's !

Thanks again.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Brianja, these are fantastic photos...thank you for sharing!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 AM
Thanks guys. I'm always happy to share my photos.

I'm glad you liked them.

Haku - You've been posting some great shots yourself lately!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. I'm always happy to share my photos.

I'm glad you liked them.

Haku - You've been posting some great shots yourself lately!
Thanks. I, like you and so many others on this forum feel that sharing pictures and experiences simply enhances the P car experience.

Thanks again for the 4 pics. I know they have helped a bunch of folks decide on various issues.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
OK sorry for the delayed responses guys... been on the dark side of the moon for a few days.

Hahahaha no worries, I'd say I'm pretty outspoken.
This of course means that sometimes you end up eating some crow... point in case.

I agree the hollowed out bottom section of the duck-tail makes all the difference.
That's going to be one sweet ride, can't wait to see it!

Originally Posted by AG991
Actually, those are both great looking, and I don't generally like anything back there. I like the spoiler that brianja posted better for the 4 and I like Sid's selection for a C2. JMO. Sid, where did you find that spoiler?
It's a Lumma design 3 piece wing, I've been looking to find where the hell it's sold but no luck so far.
Not 100% sure if that's the way to go but in theory having a wing/lip which creates an overhang on the light-strip and tail-lights should emphasize the those elements because they are effectively in an artificially created shadow and so will be more vibrant when lid...

But really I'd like a wing which kinda hovers over the entire width of the rear-end, anyway still early days, guess I should wait till I actuall get ny new ride!
Originally Posted by Haku
Thanks. I, like you and so many others on this forum feel that sharing pictures and experiences simply enhances the P car experience.

Thanks again for the 4 pics. I know they have helped a bunch of folks decide on various issues.
Or make their choices even harder!!!
Between the 2 of you I'm figuring that my 991 itch will be scratch, till I receive mine in 4 months...sigh
You have no idea how much all those pics help, thanks fellas!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 PM
OK sorry for the delayed responses guys... been on the dark side of the moon for a few days.

......Between the 2 of you I'm figuring that my 991 itch will be scratch, till I receive mine in 4 months...sigh
You have no idea how much all those pics help, thanks fellas!
Well here's another to warm your heart up and tie you over.
PDCC, SPASM...and me doing their thing on The Tail of the Dragon yesterday! The banking on this severe bend was significant.

Last edited by Haku; 10-24-2012 at 06:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!