The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Wow, Sid, that is miserable. The right answer is to wait and get the car you want, but I know my ADD( and HD!) would not allow me too.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
First I want to say thanks for the posts and PM's , what an awesome community here!
It's really nice to be able to share these types of "problems" with like minded individuals...most "normal" people simply wouldn't understand.

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Haku
That sucks Sid! I feel for you. Are you still in any doubt about the order or would you look at alternatives? If so, and if possible without taking away from the "candy shop" experience of your order, do you think test driving a 2S for consideration would help?
Originally Posted by Fester
So what're you gonna do?? That's hell of a wait!
Well guys I've gotta tell ya this experience has made me appreciate the perspective of people who buy the car from the lot...
I'm not a patient person so this waiting has been torture for me.
The plus side is that I've test driven everything between a $150K and 225K some I got to keep for as long as 3 days.
Some of these cars where the Audi R8, Mas. GT-S, AMG SLS, Benz SL550/63/65 several Aston's, F430, F458, Lambo Gallardo & Muri... all cabs and roadsters, which made the wait for my 991 C4S "bearable".

Of course I drove the 991 Carrera and S many, many times hehehe and had a C2S cab with PDK, PSE, PC etc. and absolutely LOVED IT!!!
I almost bought it, almost... but since I'm a sucker for the wide body I though I'd be patient for once in my life... who knew!!!

In restrospect I would've bought that C2S or the SLS roadster...
I was so disappointed/upset with the news of not getting the car till May that almost canceled my order and buy.... NOTHING!

It reminded me of this joke we have in Holland, it has to do with a guy swinging across a very wide river and when he's 200 feet away from the shore he says... 'screw this I'll never make, I'm turning back!"...

Sooooo in for a penny, in for a pound.
I've decided to stick with it...and wait.
I never drive my 911 in winter anyway so at least that help... so I tell myself.

I guess I'll live the excitment of the 991 vicariously through you lucky bums here on 6 who have them currently (keep those pics coming!) and those whom will be receiving their brand new C4/S soon!!
That's one of the things I like about the 991 section, the level of excitement which can only be derived from getting a brand new shiny toy!!
Ah boys will be boys!

Man this place is really saving me on shrink bills!

Cheers!

Sid.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Sid, I definitely feel for you. I think you are making the right decision, especially knowing it is exactly what you want after test driving everything under the sun. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but time flies and it will be here before you know it. I don't know if this statement will help, but I think it is more torturous having it in the garage and not being able to drive it. That's what I'm about to go through and I only have 350 miles on it.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:49 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Sid, just stick with it chief. The wait is killer but its no fun to drive in crappy salty roads, especially your new shiny toy. I think you will be ecstatic when it finally arrives. Like I told you before, when you order a Porsche custom build just forget about it and it will finally arrive before you know it. How often are you actually going to be able to put the top down in winter? I actually think the timing is that much better in my opinion - just in time for Cab weather .

I would just use the time to make more $$$ so I didn't even feel the 180k Now back to work for me.. need to save up for a GT3 or Targa LOL.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Dangerois is infamous around these partsDangerois is infamous around these parts
Sorry Sid, waiting is painful. I was told delivery by end of June, didn't get the car until nearly October.

It will all be worth it the moment the engine turns over

Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
First I want to say thanks for the posts and PM's , what an awesome community here!
It's really nice to be able to share these types of "problems" with like minded individuals...most "normal" people simply wouldn't understand.

Thanks guys!

Well guys I've gotta tell ya this experience has made me appreciate the perspective of people who buy the car from the lot...
I'm not a patient person so this waiting has been torture for me.
The plus side is that I've test driven everything between a $150K and 225K some I got to keep for as long as 3 days.
Some of these cars where the Audi R8, Mas. GT-S, AMG SLS, Benz SL550/63/65 several Aston's, F430, F458, Lambo Gallardo & Muri... all cabs and roadsters, which made the wait for my 991 C4S "bearable".

Of course I drove the 991 Carrera and S many, many times hehehe and had a C2S cab with PDK, PSE, PC etc. and absolutely LOVED IT!!!
I almost bought it, almost... but since I'm a sucker for the wide body I though I'd be patient for once in my life... who knew!!!

In restrospect I would've bought that C2S or the SLS roadster...
I was so disappointed/upset with the news of not getting the car till May that almost canceled my order and buy.... NOTHING!

It reminded me of this joke we have in Holland, it has to do with a guy swinging across a very wide river and when he's 200 feet away from the shore he says... 'screw this I'll never make, I'm turning back!"...

Sooooo in for a penny, in for a pound.
I've decided to stick with it...and wait.
I never drive my 911 in winter anyway so at least that help... so I tell myself.

I guess I'll live the excitment of the 991 vicariously through you lucky bums here on 6 who have them currently (keep those pics coming!) and those whom will be receiving their brand new C4/S soon!!
That's one of the things I like about the 991 section, the level of excitement which can only be derived from getting a brand new shiny toy!!
Ah boys will be boys!

Man this place is really saving me on shrink bills!

Cheers!

Sid.
Sid, that's mighty good decision. I'm glad you're sticking with the plan. These few months are going to disappear fast and who knows Porsche decides to pull in the cab launch earlier? That's very highly likely IMO...

Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I've not really wanted to post it... but this week I found out that my C4S cab build date is not going to be in Dec. as predicted but in..FEBRUARY .
aggh just read this. Sid, you are so supportive of others, and you understand all of our silliness as people who are lucky enough to afford this type of vehicle and all of our little quirks that go along with such..anyway. I just want to say you are GOING TO LOVE YOUR C4S when it comes... I will try not to post too many cute snow bunnies near the 2S hehe (just kidding I'm marrrrried)...hugs man. You can do it. I really wanna see your car next year and it's gonna be SO SWEET!!!!! Sorry for the news. One day at a time brother

Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thanks guys!!
You're all correct of course.
Getting it with 3 feet of snow around me is not ideal hehehe
Maybe I will get it a bit sooner than May...

I guess it's just the fact that in Jan. (this year) I thought the wide body must surely come out in summer... OK for sure Fall then... OK early winter latest!!... sigh... not till late winter?... I'm sorry what did you just say.... not till SPRING!!!!!

The Carrera and a Carrera S Coupe where launched a few months before the Cab but with the 4/S both the Coupe and Cab were launched at the same time that's why I don't get this 3 month delay with mine!

I'm wondering if there's anyone else who's got a C4/S cab on order and what they have as a build date...

Well, back to a holding pattern.
In the mean time here's some more stuff I found, if you guys find anything please post up.

Thanks again guys!

Cheers!

Attached Images      

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 11-02-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by nicoli
aggh just read this. Sid, you are so supportive of others, and you understand all of our silliness as people who are lucky enough to afford this type of vehicle and all of our little quirks that go along with such..anyway. I just want to say you are GOING TO LOVE YOUR C4S when it comes... I will try not to post too many cute snow bunnies near the 2S hehe (just kidding I'm marrrrried)...hugs man. You can do it. I really wanna see your car next year and it's gonna be SO SWEET!!!!! Sorry for the news. One day at a time brother
I know it's all silliness really but I'm digging the fact that so many here understand what I'm talking about (and the missery of it all hehehe) I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing!

One thing is for sure you made the right call, every time I look at that avatar changing I'm reminded of what mine could've looked like right now.... oooooh the wisdom of hindsight.

Well at least there's some actual video's coming out now, the first ones where not that great (being kind ), but this one by Sidney1 is candy for the soul.

Thanks again for the support!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nice video Sid.

Here's another one, this time a review but i really think the guy is a boob...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche...Q69K_bc.mailto

Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Fester
Nice video Sid.

Here's another one, this time a review but i really think the guy is a boob...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche...Q69K_bc.mailto
OOOOOH NOOOOO not that one

This guy is just killing me hahaha, where on earth did they find him!
If people buy based on his representation of the C4S... I think we'll be the only one's hehehe.
Thanks for posting though, seriously it's the thought that counts.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Sid, the shoe'll be on the other foot when you guys have dazzling wide body LED tail 4 wheel ROCKET SHIP awesomeness! Hey there is seriously nothing like that 4S launch control thing. It's like a giant hand just shoves you forward into next week..its seriously awesome at a stop or any speed. I'd still have the '09 4S I drove if not for me being an electronics dork and I wanted to try the Audi S5 Google earth nav and traded the darn thing in thinking I could live without a 911. ha! jokes on me and the salesman just got his kid's tuition from the trade into the 2S again, but anyway. I will live vicariously through your 4S soon enough

Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
I've not really wanted to post it... but this week I found out that my C4S cab build date is not going to be in Dec. as predicted but in..FEBRUARY .
That means delivery is April/May

Hey Sid, wait 4it, ok, the waiting time will almost kill u, i know it too. But i tell you, @time you will receive the baby, you won't regret the waiting time.....

Old 11-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I'm glad you've had your options and have decided on waiting. It'll of course be worth it. Things happen for a reason and we just have to be open to the positive aspects of it. Your car will be appreciated even more when it arrives. Hang in there mate!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by nicoli
Sid, the shoe'll be on the other foot when you guys have dazzling wide body LED tail 4 wheel ROCKET SHIP awesomeness! Hey there is seriously nothing like that 4S launch control thing. It's like a giant hand just shoves you forward into next week..its seriously awesome at a stop or any speed. I'd still have the '09 4S I drove if not for me being an electronics dork and I wanted to try the Audi S5 Google earth nav and traded the darn thing in thinking I could live without a 911. ha! jokes on me and the salesman just got his kid's tuition from the trade into the 2S again, but anyway. I will live vicariously through your 4S soon enough
Yeah I can't wait... almost literally hehehe
The 991 is a VERY capable machine I'm curious to see how this new awd system puts that power down.

As for being an electronics dork... I guess you got the right 911 generation.
That said... please don't do a retrofit to get that Hubble telescope cruise assist thing!!

Originally Posted by airwave
Hey Sid, wait 4it, ok, the waiting time will almost kill u, i know it too. But i tell you, @time you will receive the baby, you won't regret the waiting time.....
Hahaha "wait 4it"... how à propos .
since I've resigned myself to wait for it (again) guess I better make sure I don't have any options which will delay it!

Originally Posted by Haku
I'm glad you've had your options and have decided on waiting. It'll of course be worth it. Things happen for a reason and we just have to be open to the positive aspects of it. Your car will be appreciated even more when it arrives. Hang in there mate!
Thanks!

Yeah I had my fun over the summer months trying out all these beautiful cars... but that's over now so no more sampling in the candy store.

My wife reminded me that I'm going to be in LA and Amsterdam quiet a bit this winter so I wouldn't be able to hang out in the garage with my new baby anyway... still, sighhhh I wish... oh boys and their toys!

Until I get it I'll be looking at this revised video quite a bit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!